October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length Water Resistant

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kyndie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. It is "the one" for me at the moment but I can't say I wont have my eye out for something better. First off what I love about it is that it may be the only mascara I have ever tried that does not flake or smudge all day! For that I am very excited. I think it is because the formula is water resistant. I don't use water proof formulas because they are too hard to remove so "water resistant" is perfect for me! It stayed on beautifully all day and removed very easily with warm water. I usually remove my mascara in the shower by gently grabbing my eyelashes and "pulling" it off ( yes I know, I have a strange way of removing mascara). So I don't use a mascara if it takes any more than this to get it off. The downside to it is that it takes some work to get any results. First coat looked almost no different than my bare lashes. But after the 3rd coat it looked pretty good and still natural because it does not clump at all. I found that if I add one more coat to the tips of my lashes after it is completely dry this really helps give me a little added length and definition. This is probably a great mascara for girls who were blessed with long thick eyelashes that just want a little darkening. Unfortunately I am not one of those girls so I would like it if it gave me a little more length but overall I like it a lot. Also the bright yellow tube is very pretty. I keep it in my purse just because I like to look at it.:) Yes, weird, I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this mascara as a primer. Weird but it doesn't clump up and it adds such a nice long base! It's always perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is okay. It's nothing spectacular, but I don't hate it. I do actually use it everyday, but in combination with usually one other mascara - at the moment this is the Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting. I don't think that I'd ever use this mascara just on its own though.
What I do with my mascara is:
1. Covergirl LashBlast Length Water Resistant - 1 coat, just to lengthen them slightly (I do think that it does this) and to separate my lashes out a bit before using a more heavy-duty mascara.
2. Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting WaterPROOF - 1-2 coats. This is where the bulk of my mascara-work is done. I'm not going to say too much about this because obviously this review isn't for this mascara, but pretty much I use this mascara to add volume and even more length to my lashes and also to actually waterproof my lashes. Trust me, this'll do it.
3. Covergirl LashBlast Length Water Resistant - 1 extra coat. I use this to separate my lashes out really quickly before my Maybelline mascara dries. If there's one thing this mascara DOES do, it's separate. I actually really like this brush and it's definitely a lot less scary-looking than many mascara applicators I've seen. The bristles are really neat and small and close together, but each bristle is definitely individual and not on top of another one. I think this helps separate out the lashes really well.
4. Covergirl LashBlast Lenght Water Resistant - bottom lashes! Although this brush isn't particularly small, I still think that it works well for my bottom lashes because of the reasons I outlined in step 3. The brush isn't curved, its bristles aren't different lengths and the brush isn't a strange bulbous shape or anything like that. It's nice and simple and good, in my experience, for applying mascara to my bottom lashes as I'm generally not brave enough to use my Maybelline mascara here.

I would repurchase this mascara because it seems to have grown into rather an important role in my lash-enhancing process, and I'm sure there are others out there that'll do the same job better than this (and without having to use two mascaras), but for now I think I'm content with what I've got.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, reviewers complaining that this isnt waterproof should read that it is marketed as water resistant. Which it is. I, too, bought this before a vacation expecting waterproof because I didnt read. I went fully submerged for long periods and didnt come out with my mascara all over me, thankfully, but if I touched my lashes, it did transfer. When worn outside the water however, this means it holds up very well during the day. For 'water resistant', cant really ask for anything else. As a mascara, I agree that it's decent. It can create nice natural, feathery lashes which is what I go for, but this takes effort ie. several coats. I have loved the entire LashBlast line, and this is bringing in the rear. It does lengthen, but not much, and separates with ease. Amazing for lower lashes or for no makeup makeup days. Would potentially repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I wouldn't really call this a must-have, or anything really worth reaching for in the drugstore.
I wouldn't call it a waterproof mascara, either.
It just doesn't perform all too well.
Firstly, the wand. The wand is quite long and kind of narrow, but with extremely thin, long, closely-spaced bristles. These bristles don't harbor much product, and don't deposit much. It's good in a way; there was absolutely no clumping with this mascara, but it didn't do much else for my lashes. It's a bit difficult to do the bottom lashes with this mascara as well.
This mascara gives anything but dramatic results.The finished results that you get with this mascara are very, very minimal. If you go for the super natural look, then you'll like this mascara. It hardly gives any volume to my lashes; it gives okay length, I'll give it that. But what's the use of great length when the lashes are so thin that you can't even see them? I'm a heavy eyeliner user, and I could hardly distinguish my lashes from the eyeliner. Kinda disappointed.
The color wasn't totally black; maybe a greyish black tone. Not opaque black like I was expecting.
Now, the staying power- this is not, at all, a waterproof mascara. I do synchronized swimming, so all of my "waterproof" makeup gets put to the ultimate test of having to survive in chlorinated water for extended periods of time. In the water, it stayed, at first, but very loosely; after a few minutes, it flaked off very easily and ran down my face. Not pretty. Out of the water, it has decent staying power; it flakes a little bit, but it stays. Interestingly, it's quite easy to remove, for a waterproof mascara. To be honest, I see no difference between the staying power of LashBlast Length Waterproof and a regular washable mascara.
The price is affordable; I think it's about $10. There's not a lot of product that comes in the tube, but it lasts a while. I wouldn't really recommend this mascara as a waterproof product, or anything that gives dramatic results; however, it works well as a washable, natural-looking mascara. I'm not repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would have to agree with the criticisms of this mascara. It's really not the best for length or volume. I love it, however for my bottom lashes. I accidentally bend the wand slightly so that it has a little curve to it and now it fits my lower lash line perfectly. I have been reaching for this every day. The wand has short plastic bristles that are perfect for the lower lashes. I can't recall another mascara right now that does a better job. Doesn't smudge throughout the day, either. Am thinking I'll likely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

2 coats and it didn't add volume, which would be ok if it added length, but nothing there either. Regarding the packaging, they wanted the applicator to be "long" so it is, but that reduces control and the actual brush part is so long that it's inconvenient to use on corner lashes. Smudges very easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was on clearance at CVS, and then I saw that Paula Begoun highly recommended it, and basically I do whatever Paula Begoun says. I thought that was a bonus: How could she steer me wrong??? HA. I had high hopes, is what I'm trying to say.

I just finished a pretty long run with CG Clump Crusher, and I loved that one - I got good length, good curl, good volume, no clumps, it was easy to apply - so since this is in the same Lash Blast family, I thought it would be similarly good on me. No. IT WAS NOT. This was a big disappointment for me, and I am not sad that it appears to be on the way out. Clump Crusher is way better.

This particular mascara didn't do its job, its sole reason for existing in the universe - it required a significant amount of effort to get a tiny amount of added length, and adding length should have been its strong suit. It didn't provide any curl whatsoever, and there wasn't any boost in volume, either (I wasn't expecting much, since it was supposed to be a lengthening formula, but SOMETHING). After stroking my lashes with the wand for an age, my lashes were as thin as ever, straight - no curl - and ever-so-slightly longer. No.

This is like twice the price of Maybelline Great Lash but works just as well (i.e. it doesn't work AT ALL). If I have to choose between no mascara and this I'd take no mascara. Less effort that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Weird story.

So disappointed that it can't hold a curl. Usually, CG waterproof mascaras do it for me, but this one and Fusion don't hold at all. Lashes go straight down.

So the weird part is that I find that this looks really good when I curl my lashes after application. I normally don't like doing this because no matter how long I wait, the mascara always gets goopy around the curler and I have to keep combing them out. With this one, the mascara dried really well and the curl was nicer than when I normally curl first then apply mascara. I like a slight natural curl and it did just that.

Added some really nice length, none of that spidery stuff at the tips. Not the thing for you if you're looking for volume.

Lasts like a waterproof mascara! Will buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by falloutboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't feel like this mascara added any additional length to my lashes versus my normal Lash Exact mascara. It doesn't clump at all and it comes off pretty easily but I don't feel like it does what it advertises as saying it will do.