April 16, 2014 | 1027 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length Water Resistant

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, reviewers complaining that this isnt waterproof should read that it is marketed as water resistant. Which it is. I, too, bought this before a vacation expecting waterproof because I didnt read. I went fully submerged for long periods and didnt come out with my mascara all over me, thankfully, but if I touched my lashes, it did transfer. When worn outside the water however, this means it holds up very well during the day. For 'water resistant', cant really ask for anything else. As a mascara, I agree that it's decent. It can create nice natural, feathery lashes which is what I go for, but this takes effort ie. several coats. I have loved the entire LashBlast line, and this is bringing in the rear. It does lengthen, but not much, and separates with ease. Amazing for lower lashes or for no makeup makeup days. Would potentially repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I wouldn't really call this a must-have, or anything really worth reaching for in the drugstore.
I wouldn't call it a waterproof mascara, either.
It just doesn't perform all too well.
Firstly, the wand. The wand is quite long and kind of narrow, but with extremely thin, long, closely-spaced bristles. These bristles don't harbor much product, and don't deposit much. It's good in a way; there was absolutely no clumping with this mascara, but it didn't do much else for my lashes. It's a bit difficult to do the bottom lashes with this mascara as well.
This mascara gives anything but dramatic results.The finished results that you get with this mascara are very, very minimal. If you go for the super natural look, then you'll like this mascara. It hardly gives any volume to my lashes; it gives okay length, I'll give it that. But what's the use of great length when the lashes are so thin that you can't even see them? I'm a heavy eyeliner user, and I could hardly distinguish my lashes from the eyeliner. Kinda disappointed.
The color wasn't totally black; maybe a greyish black tone. Not opaque black like I was expecting.
Now, the staying power- this is not, at all, a waterproof mascara. I do synchronized swimming, so all of my "waterproof" makeup gets put to the ultimate test of having to survive in chlorinated water for extended periods of time. In the water, it stayed, at first, but very loosely; after a few minutes, it flaked off very easily and ran down my face. Not pretty. Out of the water, it has decent staying power; it flakes a little bit, but it stays. Interestingly, it's quite easy to remove, for a waterproof mascara. To be honest, I see no difference between the staying power of LashBlast Length Waterproof and a regular washable mascara.
The price is affordable; I think it's about $10. There's not a lot of product that comes in the tube, but it lasts a while. I wouldn't really recommend this mascara as a waterproof product, or anything that gives dramatic results; however, it works well as a washable, natural-looking mascara. I'm not repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would have to agree with the criticisms of this mascara. It's really not the best for length or volume. I love it, however for my bottom lashes. I accidentally bend the wand slightly so that it has a little curve to it and now it fits my lower lash line perfectly. I have been reaching for this every day. The wand has short plastic bristles that are perfect for the lower lashes. I can't recall another mascara right now that does a better job. Doesn't smudge throughout the day, either. Am thinking I'll likely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

2 coats and it didn't add volume, which would be ok if it added length, but nothing there either. Regarding the packaging, they wanted the applicator to be "long" so it is, but that reduces control and the actual brush part is so long that it's inconvenient to use on corner lashes. Smudges very easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was on clearance at CVS, and then I saw that Paula Begoun highly recommended it, and basically I do whatever Paula Begoun says. I thought that was a bonus: How could she steer me wrong??? HA. I had high hopes, is what I'm trying to say.

I just finished a pretty long run with CG Clump Crusher, and I loved that one - I got good length, good curl, good volume, no clumps, it was easy to apply - so since this is in the same Lash Blast family, I thought it would be similarly good on me. No. IT WAS NOT. This was a big disappointment for me, and I am not sad that it appears to be on the way out. Clump Crusher is way better.

This particular mascara didn't do its job, its sole reason for existing in the universe - it required a significant amount of effort to get a tiny amount of added length, and adding length should have been its strong suit. It didn't provide any curl whatsoever, and there wasn't any boost in volume, either (I wasn't expecting much, since it was supposed to be a lengthening formula, but SOMETHING). After stroking my lashes with the wand for an age, my lashes were as thin as ever, straight - no curl - and ever-so-slightly longer. No.

This is like twice the price of Maybelline Great Lash but works just as well (i.e. it doesn't work AT ALL). If I have to choose between no mascara and this I'd take no mascara. Less effort that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Weird story.

So disappointed that it can't hold a curl. Usually, CG waterproof mascaras do it for me, but this one and Fusion don't hold at all. Lashes go straight down.

So the weird part is that I find that this looks really good when I curl my lashes after application. I normally don't like doing this because no matter how long I wait, the mascara always gets goopy around the curler and I have to keep combing them out. With this one, the mascara dried really well and the curl was nicer than when I normally curl first then apply mascara. I like a slight natural curl and it did just that.

Added some really nice length, none of that spidery stuff at the tips. Not the thing for you if you're looking for volume.

Lasts like a waterproof mascara! Will buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by falloutboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't feel like this mascara added any additional length to my lashes versus my normal Lash Exact mascara. It doesn't clump at all and it comes off pretty easily but I don't feel like it does what it advertises as saying it will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by sunnyyy

Ok so im a snowboarder and a surfer and i spend a lot of time in the water and the snow and i think this mascara is sooo great coz it NEVER SMUDGES NEVERRR. i am also in track and field and i sweat A LOT soo i was worried about this mascara like going all over my face but it never did ...
u can also like scrath ur eye or like eyelids idk and it doesnt go all over the place . it adds a lot of lenth but it doesnt hold a curl for that long . it doesnt make ur lashes look as thick and it doesnt clump .. hope this helped xox

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Pfuetze24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I bought this mascara when I was in San Francisco last year.
This mascara is GREAT!! I'm a big fan of spiky brushes, but these were a bit softer :)
If I curled my lashes, the mascara looked great on my eyes!

Pros:
-Covers every lash, even in the corners
-not too thick
-no clubs
- etc

Cons:
-not available in some other countries
-gets empty quickly...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this mascara, even though I'm not a fan of spiky plastic brushes. But this one is thin and longer than average, and I find it relatively easy to work with. The Brownish Black gives me defined and lengthened lashes that are noticeable, but not over the top. It's just water-resistant, though -- it doesn't smudge, but I don't need an oil-based remover -- it comes off easily with my micellar water. [PS. Dried out in a month, alas.]