September 30, 2014 | 1261 users online

Hair - Shiseido - Super Mild Shampoo fruity/floral

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I love this shampoo and conditioner set. It is easily available in Japan and it is the perfect formula for my dry coarse hair.

It leaves my hair feeling light, soft, smooth and gently scented.

I've never really used high end hair products but I imagine that this is how it should work. I love that I have found such a great drugstore product. HG quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Smiley0821

Its a nice shampoo but i can find something else at the drugstore its very good for color treated hair and very fine hair its very gentle not heavy at all

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is fine and thick with a normal scalp that is quite sensitive.

I've only been using this a few nights, but I really like it. I've been using natural shampoos for a while, and haven't been happy with my hair for a few months, so I decided to scan the MA reviews for a gem. I think I've found one.

The packaging is convenient and attractive; I also really appreciate the Shiseido sells refill pouches instead of having you repurchase the whole pump container every time. It lathers and cleans well without leaving my hair squeaky. The scent is pleasant. Really just smells like Japanese shampoo, if you know what I mean. I think another reviewer said the same thing, but it just has that smell--clean and fresh without being really noticeable. My husband has been using it in his curly hair, as well, and likes it very much.

I let my hair air dry without any product and the results are very full and soft. The next day, my hair is still clean and has lots of body.

Update: I'm not changing the score because so many people have good luck with this shampoo set. But it's not working for me. My hair is way too fine and this is seriously weighing it down. The first day, it looked great, then it looked progressively dirtier each day. If your hair is coarse (like most Asian hair) this would probably be perfect for you. But my super fine hair isn't liking this shampoo or the conditioner. Oh, well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

Great shampoo that doesn't strip all of the oil from my scalp but still leaves my hair very clean and soft! At the end of the day, my hair is actually less oily from using this compared to those harsh shampoos that strip all of the oil from my scalp! Would def. recommend this in conjunction with the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by dalenna

Both my husband and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shampoo to death! It makes our hair smooth and silky to the touch. I wish it was more readily available (and cheaper) to get in the US though. I stock up whenever my local Asian market has a sale :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by piggy123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. Unlike shampoo and conditioner made in US which are often loaded with heavy patroleum product, this is very light, does a wonderful job of cleaning and conditioning. The result is shine and floating hair. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Wonderful shampoo! This makes my (long, straight, fine with oily roots) hair feel very soft and behave itself so that it's neither too limp nor too poofy and fly-away. It comes in a huge pump-style bottle (sooo convenient) and costs about 11 USD at Asian supermarkets (where I found mine). It's actually a pretty good value as you only need maybe a half-pump to a full-pump to wash your hair, depending on how long it is. It foams up beautifully with a really creamy, fragrant (a light, fresh floral scent that's not too sweet or powdery) lather. My only annoyance with this is that there's no English at all on the bottle (which makes sense, but it's still annoying) so I have no idea what the ingredients are. I'm guessing if Shiseido decided to repackage this and sell it to the Western market, there'd be a huge mark-up, so I'm happy enough with it as is. Definite repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dazzls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

pros:
i really love the smell of this shampoo =)
left my hair really soft.
the price is GREAT, and i live in singapore so its relatively easy to get.
my hair/scalp are super sensitive - i can't use kerastase cos it causes SO MUCH BUILD-UP, GROSS! but shiseido left it feeling clean and healthy, i like!

cons:
the bottle is just too huge for the shower.
i wish they sold a medium size one instead of this jumbo one.

has anyone tried the deep conditioning treatment. is it any good?

EDIT: after 2-4 weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner, people kept asking me if i had cut my hair, it was SO thin because it had been falling out like mad. horrible horrible, i hadn't even realized it until one day when i let my hair down instead of doing it up like i usually do and was shocked by how thin it had become. i dont think this shd be called super mild at all! junked this and going back to The Natural Source even if it doesn't leave the tips of my hair as silky...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by noposting

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo and the conditioner. I have freakishly sensitive eyes and when I smelled the fragrance I thought I wouldn't be able to use it, but so far so good. It makes hair very soft and easy to style. Hair is shiny and bouncy. My sensitive scalp doesn't get itchy from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it - great product excellent value!!!