January 27, 2015 | 1706 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2015 11:42:00 AM More reviews by miaowthathurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely awful.

Bought this a few months ago, but only opened it recently. As someone with very clear skin, this is one of the few products that makes me break out - after only 3 uses!
Smell is unbearable, far too overwhelming for a finishing powder.
Moreover, despite buying the lightest shade, it has an awful orange tint.

Will not use again, let alone repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by SecondCityPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My great nan used to wear this and when she passed the smell always reminded me of her. I started wearing it myself at 14, I've been wearing it now for 8 years and I've bought all manner of foundations from £4 - £40 in price but nothing comes close to this for me. It smells gorgeous, feels like silk and makes your skin glow in a healthy way. I wear it on its own for a light coverage and with a bit of Maxfactor's pan stik for heavier night time looks. Because it's what Marilyn wore, this is also incredibly good for vintage looks as it just turns your face into a blank canvas. You don't need a brush or any additional applicators, the little round sponge pad inside is the perfect way to apply. If you have dry skin you may want to moisturise first though I'd recommend this already as it increases its already fabulous staying power. It's also great to sweep on if you've gone a bit too far with blusher or contouring as it neutralises mishaps like that when applied on top and as it doesn't cake there's no pitfall to using it in this way and it also makes it highly build able. In terms of how it actually does look, it manages to hide all shine and give an appearance that is somehow dewy and also incredibly matte. It's just perfect, try it for yourself and even if you don't like it as much as I do, for the price you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Maddie0582

I have bought a few of these over the years. I used it to set my foundation, and I used it when I was into a very matte look. It does mattify the skin for long hours but can be drying, if used too much can look cakey and fake.
I usually bought translucent, but it is not truly translucent, it does have a colour and for somebody with a pale skin it is a bit of a problem.
The smell doesn't bother me at all, I like it.
The packaging is very basic but for the price it is ok.
I don't use it anymore, tbh I sometimes don't even use any powder to set my BB creams, my skin or my preferences ;) must have changed but I liked it in the past. It lasted a long time and for somebody on a budget it was very important.
If you choose to buy it - use a brush to apply, light hand recommended. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:39:00 AM More reviews by XHeidiX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this product as I had run out of my clinique almost powder and I was really impressed. Ok it doesn't have any SPF but this isn't a problem for me as I wear SPF 30 as a face cream instead of moisturisers hence no need for it in my face powder. I found it went on really easily. It did look a bit powdery when I first applied it however it settled in seconds to an almost flawless coverage. This powder covered and stayed in place far better than my clinique almost powder that usually costs me £24.50! The only slightly negative is the smell it smells awful but then so does my clinique powder I think it's the talc in it?? The smell soon disappears and I didn't notice it after I had applied it. Will defiantly keep using this product as it looked very natural, stayed on my face and didn't bring me out in break outs that a lot of things do.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nebulan123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this the other day after I found it for a cheap price. Honestly it is ok, but not the best. The major turn off for me is the scent. It reminds me of my granny's room before she passed away, I am not a fan of the old lady talcum powder smell it gives off. In terms of application, it comes out quite powdery both on your face and on the brush. Once applied it is relatively translucent, however too much of the product will make you look powdery and will also dry out your face. It is best compared to the Stay Matte powder by Rimmel, which I did not enjoy all that much. In terms of the job, it does what the woman at the Max Factor counter told me it is supposed to - give a translucent finish to your face. Overall it's alright, however next time I would probably spend a bit more money on a product of better quality than this item.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

Urgh!!! Why, oh why did I buy this?! I was running out of my Mally poreless face defender and needed something quickly. I read the reviews on here and thought I'd give it a go. IT'S AWFUL!!!! Firstly, it stinks. It doesn't just smell, it STINKS of old people's homes. Secondly, it is so drying (and I have really quite oily skin) that it accentuates every tiny line and wrinkle on your face!!!! Also, the translucent isn't translucent, it's an orangey colour. Throwing it away won't work, I need to burn it and cleanse my make-up drawer of it's very existence!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product.

Its great value and gives an illuminating glow, which is comparable in many ways to mineralize by Mac but is quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Chanelia

One of the best. It mattifies very good. It is a powder so It is normal to use it more than once in a day. Some people claim that this is makeup but I wouldnt bet on it. This powder doesnt cover, it is a powder. It fixes the makeup and it mattifies. The price for 21 grams content is absolutelly wonderful. Powders have usually 9, 10 or maximum 12 grams. I like the unique smell. Be carefull when applying. I always use a brush and the first touch is with very little amount of powder. Then I put more of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the creamy texture of this powder. The only problem is the color. It's too pink. I bought this in the lightest shade, which would be perfect if it were more yellow toned. If you have really pink toned skin, this would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I originally started using it about 10 years ago. Although I have occasionally tried other powders I always go back to this one. I use Medium Beige over liquid foundation. It sets my makeup and provides a lovely silky flawless coverage. The coverage is moderate, I only apply is lightly as I already have foundation on, it could probably look a bit cakey if you are too heavy handed with it. Price is very reasonable. Only slight criticism is the scent which is a bit "Older Lady" but it's not overpowering and I've got used to it over the years.