October 25, 2014 | 893 users online

Eye Shadow - Hi-Fi Cosmetics - Eye Shadows

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mevagirl2

When Hi Fi was featured on Heartsy in July I decided to buy a voucher since I have always heard good things about Hi Fi. TAT was stated to be 12-15 business days when I bought my voucher. It's been over two months now and I still have not received my order. Even though she is able to update her facebook page, she never answers peoples posted inquires about their orders and never returns emails. I feel like I'm having to track down my order, which I've never had to do with any other indie company that I've ordered from before. Overall, the customer service for Hi- Fi is horrible and I will not be a returning customer!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by noctambule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I've bought products from Hi-Fi before and did like the eyeshadows, the longer-than-advertised TATs and extreme lack of communication from the owner greatly diminished my enjoyment of what is otherwise a quality product.

When I saw the shop was going to be featured on Heartsy, I thought I would give her another chance; it had been almost a year, after all, so surely she'd be better at time management and communication, right? Well. . .I will sum up my experience with this: I placed an order on the 15th of July. The combination of the Heartsy voucher, Artfire interface and Paypal left me unable to complete payment, so I sent her a request for an invoice as directed on her (frequently updated) Facebook page. Today is the 4th of August, and I have received neither an invoice nor a response to any of my attempts to contact her. I understand that she runs a small business by herself. Guess what? *So do I*, and if I ran it with the same amount of disrespect for my customers I wouldn't expect to stay in business very long. Since she is so clearly not in need of customers, I will be more than glad to shop elsewhere from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by suntea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took a month to receive an order for 4 eyeshadows from HiFi Cosmetics. According to the seller's artfire the TAT is 8 business days, 10-12 when it's a sale. My items did not arrive within the time allotted, even figuring a generous transit time. I do not mind long wait times if the seller is up-front about the turn around time, but I received absolutely no communication from the seller.

Besides AromaLeigh & Fyrinnae, no other indie company I've tried has such glittery products. However my shadows, (particularly California Girl) were incredibly gritty! None of my colors are getting used at all which is disappointing after such a long wait.

Dissatisfaction with the product + long wait + lack of CS makes it clear that I won't be purchasing from this company again. :\

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

*Update* - Customer service seems to have gone off the deep end with this company. She is one woman trying to run Hi Fi and I would say she's definitely in over her head. My emails take at least 3 days to a week to get a response if I even get a response at all. Most of my emails fall into the latter category. She even promised to do two custom colors for me about 6 weeks ago. She said she had done them and promised me swatches that evening but that was two weeks ago and still nada. She no longer responds to my emails either. She's going on my do not order list. Not much will piss me off more than supporting a business repeatedly and then being ignored.

I have been buying Hi Fi shadows since she opened a little over a year ago and have over 50 colors now. Veronica has a very wide variety of colors, mostly with lots of glitter and shimmer. The sample sizes are very reasonably priced and there is a little over 1/4 tsp of product in the baggies, which is a great deal! The customer service is amazing and the owner is very friendly - always quick to sort out a problem or put up a color that's sold out. Now for the reason this company gets a three instead of a five - to me, the colors just aren't that unique. Most of them are just a straight up shimmery base with a ton of glitter mixed in. A select few do have light changing effects and those are my favorite.If you are looking for a straight up shimmery color with a lot of glitter HI FI is your place, but if you are looking for something more complex (think arcane magic by fyrinnae), you probably should just try out a few colors first. I will say that they do have some of the brightest colors I have ever seen from any mineral makeup company! I will probably continue to buy even though all these colors do is sit in my drawer unused in hopes that I will find some great colors someday. Some colors I recommend are:

All of the Labyrinth Colors (most complex collection to date)
Live Large (Hi Fi is the only place that has a color like this!)
Time For Cheer
Adeste Fidelus
butterfly wings
Tastes Like Valentines

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi-Fi Cosmetics is a new mineral makeup company started by a certified makeup artist. She's made some AMAZING colors. My favorites are:
Live Large - an extremely vivid violet with blue iridescence
Beautiful Nightmare - a rich, luxurious purple with violet sparks
Promiscuous - a color shifting pink with lots of purple interference
Punk Rocker - a dark pink metallic shade with lots of flamingo pink sparkle
Rising Tide - a deep ultra-sparkly teal
Distortion - a mega-bbright chartreuse pearl with green and gold shimmer
Hail Caesar - a very pale champagne-beige pearl finish
Midnight Hour - a blackish purple with hologram sparkles

These are amazing shadows and they're only $4.99 each. These are handmade colors with lots of sparkle and color payoff. I really love them. With a few of the shades you really do need to make sure that you use an eye shadow primer or a sticky base to get the full effect of the shadow.