September 18, 2014 | 1753 users online

Eye Shadow - Silk Naturals - Eye Shadows

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried several of the more neutral shades that SN have to offer, overall I've found the pigmentation, staying power and shade range really great. My favorite, most reached for shades are Mink and Chase. Mink is a softly shimmering, cool toned brown with definite taupe undertones. Chase is a completely matte, mid tone brown that leans a bit warm on me, but both shades are definitely daytime appropriate but could be intensified for a more dramatic look. The little sifter pots are great but I still find using mineral eyeshadow a bit messy sometimes, so I usually put some tape over several holes, so that slightly less product comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by corviddreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a ridiculous number of Silk Naturals eye shadows. I love that for every $30.00 you spend you get a free one. I regularly use the mattes, and just about anything with an Eyelight finish. I especially appreciate when Silk Naturals dupes a brand that uses Bismuth Oxychloride because that ingredient sets off my Rosacea, and she never uses it in her products. Often times, the only way I can enjoy an 'high end' eye shadow is when she does a dupe of it. Some of my favorite colors include: Kind, Idolize, Cameo, Mink, Tiger Lily, Sepia, Glory, Goddess, Adventure, Linen, Miranda, Chase, Catalyst, In Gear, Kingfisher, and Aubergine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

One of my favorite lines for loose/mineral e/s. I have 6 shadows from SN and will be going back for more very soon.

The ones I have have been loving lately are:

Doubloons - a gorgeous golden/taupe/pink duochromey color. A unique neutral.
Glory - a minky brown/taupe with subtle pink shimmer. Wonderful for an all-over lid wash, blended up into the crease.
Latent - matte warm brown, perfect for base crease shade or blending.

The texture and pigmentation of these e/s is amazing. Beautifully smooth, easy to blend and last all day without any creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, let me explain that I have never willingly bought an SN eyeshadow. My very sparse SN eyeshadow collection is courtesy of the lovely owner's generous freebie. So far, I have Leisurely, Trip and Bewitched. However, the only color I have worn frequently enough to review is Leisurely.

I believe it's either been discontinued or only existed as a sample. Either way, Leisurely is a light golden color that would look great as a brow highlight color. For me, I used it as a wash of color on my eyelid since it's a shade lighter than my skin color. The staying power is incredible, I must say. I had it on for a few hours and it remained there despite any humidity.

I'm currently eyeing the other colors in SN's eyeshadow collection (most likely the kits) and will update when I have more. What I really like most is the description that accompanies each eyeshadow color-- very informative and helpful especially since one can't test the products beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I absolutely love the UD Naked Palette but the price is extremely high and even for the individual eyeshadows which are about $17-18?? It's just too much especially since I really just like Naked and Buck... Silk Naturals is known for having a large range of eyeshadows that are formulated without harsh chemicals!! I would say these are great dupes for those well-known makeup brands!! I got the Bareback, Stag, and Terra.. I just love love love those shadows. I always wear eyeshadows with a primer, so I wouldn't really know if it fades or creases... They stay on perfectly!! I would re-purchase again, for just $4 an eyeshadow?!!!! But lucky for me, I think these eyeshadows will last for 2 years or longer!! :D

Pros:
Formulated without harsh chemicals
Great dupes for high-end makeup brands
Stays on and doesn't crease

Cons:
Loose powder
Can get messy (not ideal for travel)
Small container (but since for eyeshadows, will probably last for 2 years)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SaHud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried several different brands of mineral eyeshadow. Some indie mineral makeup companies have eye shadows that are not smooth powder, but almost gritty without an added base. Silk Naturals has the smoothest formula and their range of colors and finishes is amazing. Out of my makeup collection, the 5-6 days a week I do my eyes, I use at least one SN eye shadow. That says a lot, because I I tend to try/buy quite a bit of natural indie makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So in love with these eye shadows. I own over 30 colors, that's how in love I am. They are ridiculously affordable, the product lasts forever, and the quality of the shadows is fabulous. The range of colors is mind blowing, you will find a match for any skin tone. The dupes are wonderful, I'll never again buy another Mac eye shadow if Silk Naturals has a dupe. For $4, you get a wonderful little pot with a gorgeous color that will last for months. You absolutely can't get better than that. The colors go on evenly, blend perfectly and stay on all day (I use an ELF eye primer). The colors can be made brighter or be as subtle as you want. Overall, not a day goes by that I don't use my Silk Naturals eye shadows. Try one and you will be hooked, I promise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have two of Silk Naturals shadows. I have Spector, which I love. It's a light lavender, really pretty and lasts pretty much all day. I wear this all the time. I also have Aubergine, which is a really dark purple/lavender which I wear for a smokey eye look, which is not often for me. I prefer pressed shadows, over loose, but I will probably buy again. They ship super fast and have cheap shipping costs, like $2.95.

I have two more of these shadows(used up all of Spector), Iris and Dove, love both. I also prefer their new black labels.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lfnjmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to a great deal of research about this brand. The mineral pigments are not that unusual. I didn't like the jars, of which some fractured after a very short time handling them whereby I'd see a crack in the jar from the top to the bottom. I bought other items from this line and after reading the ingredients and comparing to other websites, I think the volumes of products are expensive for the price, considering there are CCOs and liquidators who sell tons of these types of product. I got a clone color and checked it against a BB item at CCO and didn't think it was that impressive and having a teaspoon of product vs what you get in a MAC or BB pigment, it's other than inexpensive.

I also had a couple problems with two orders I placed. Overall, I think there are other companies out there worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. Colors are lovely and last all day for me even when I forget primer and my eyelids get pretty oily as the day progresses. I don't do a lot of eyeshadow but I use these a lot as liners. Awesome---beautiful colors. The clear mixing media is a great product too. As with every single cosmetic line out there, some of the shades perform better than others. The price, samples, and customer service make it so worth experimenting and a guilt free indulgence.