November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Treatments - Cosmar Quik Nails Brush-On Gel Nail Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kikotoast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The Cosmar Quik Nail kit is nothing special. It's cheap compared to getting my nails done professionally, but it isn't really worth the 11 or so dollars I spent. The gel only lasts 3 or 4 days before it starts to crack. I have to remove the gel and redo my nails when they start cracking. The tips are strangely shaped where you glue them onto your nail. You get a weird line that is very visible after putting on the gel. So, I had to put on polish to hide it.

Yeah, they're a step up from the press-on nails at the drugstore. However they aren't worth the constant upkeep and hassle. I'm probably going to look into buying more durable and higher quality gels and a UV lamp.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by rakava

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I knew it was superglue. I know that scent anywhere. Fancy gel polish doesn't work on me unless I go in every 2 weeks like clockwork. It starts curling at the ends and I can't hide it.

I'm not using the tips. I don't like the way acrylics look - even though she doesn't do it anymore - I think acrylics look to Kardashian on me.

I'm hoping this will help my horrible weak nails grow longer, so they can be long and real.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would I purchase again? YES YES YES!

Wow. This kit has saved me money and it has made it possible for me to do my nails super fast!! I love how the gel goes on smoothly, and in less than 10 minutes, I have beautiful manicured nails. This kit is my holy grail as far as nails go. I love this product, for sure. It comes with three bottles, the gel, the activator and a bottle with cleaner to keep the brush supple. Here's a tip to keep your kit lasting longer. The gel itself is ethyl cyanocrylate - superglue! So when you run out, drip some of the nail glue that's included into the bottle and let it set overnight. Add a few drops of the cleaner so that it gels up. You will be able to get at least five more uses out of this and it does not thin out since what's in the bottle is the same as what was there originally. You have to add the cleaner though, just a litte bit, otherwise your brush will get stiff while you use it. If your brush does get stiff let it sit overnight with the superglue/cleaner mix and it will be like it was when you first purchased it. this kit is a lifesaver and once i figured out that the 'gel' is act.ually superglue, i found out that i could save a lot of money... I love this kit! Its so easy to brush on and it is self-leveling so i dont have to file my nails forever like i had to do with acrylics, and they are strong too, they last a week or so without them chipping or breaking. easy to remove with a nail file and some acetone. LOVE THIS PRODUCT

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by 5633lcarpo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently picked this up from my local CVS and i was soooo impressed! I saw a product review of this on youtube and thought for 9.99 this couldnt be that bad. I tried it the first day and it was OK... the nail tips do suck but if you purchase french tips it looks exactly like you got them done at the salon. All you need to ba able to do is paint your nails smoothly and you basically will have beautiful nails. But the nail polish brush hardened for the brush on gel because I accidently put it in the gel activator looks like I have to purchase another but at least I wont regret it. The great thing about this kit too is that all you need is the french tips , which can be purchased on ebay for 2 dollars and you get about 500 tips ! or my local beauty supply sells them for 1 dollar but its a rip off because there are only 20 in a package.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by 15btlsintheshwr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! The only problem is the shape of the tips, and I can't seem to cover them up even if I apply gobs of polish. However, they are a great price, and the gel dries extremely fast, which is great.

I just wish the tips were shaped differently and more natural-colored.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by dominicanaheat

I've worn acrylics for years but the last couple of years, I scaled back to save cash. Unfortunately, my natural nails just don't seam to want to grow. I've tried all types of treatments, but once they show a glimmer of home, they crack down to the meat and I have to cut all my nails off and start from scratch. It's a vicious cycle. I always loved having neat, long nails, so I tried some of the artificial nails and they look great, but always pop off after a couple of days.

Today I purchased Cosmar Quik Nails Brush-On Gel Nail Kit from CVS for $9.99 and I must say this is 100% BETTER than the Nutranail gel kit (I have reviewed it in the past). Here we go:

Pros: the gel went on smoothly and without a hitch. It dried super fast and it feels smooth, looks glossy and also feels strong. I was done in about half an hour, from tip application to last coat (I put on 3 coats of gel/activator). The tips do not come loose. They are attached to a "wheel", making sizing and applications a sinch! They also come in a long length, so you can cut them down or leave them long.

Con: the tip SHAPE isn't great. The free edge is a great square shape, but, the bottom edge of the tip, that is glued onto the natural nail, is shaped like a heart, instead of being shaped like a crescent, like most nail tips are. So, even though I filed that part down to blend in with my natural nail, I just couldn't file them down enough without thinning out my natural nail too much, therefore causing pain. After applying the gel, the heart edges can be seen plain as day through the gel. The tips turned an opaque white (a plus for me, since I love frenches), but, I don't know how well a sheer french polish will cover the obvious tips. I will polish when I get home (I'm at work, tons of free time on my hands as the year winds down).

I will definitely be repurchasing this once I run out, but I think I am just going to get the gel refills which I have seen sold separately in Rite Aid, and purchase separate nail tips.