September 2, 2014 | 1896 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Commander in Chic

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Chrissys16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't rave enough about the brush...nice, thick, good quality, superior application. Gorgeous color and great lasting power. Terrific formula, far superior in creaminess to some higher-end brands like Butter London & Illmasqua.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I love this nail polish!! A make up guru was wearing Deborah Lippman's Modern Love and I loved the colour on her. I didn't want to spend $20 on a nail polish so I looked up dupes for Modern Love. People said "Ladylike" by Essie was a dupe. I went to the drugstore hoping to find Ladylike but they didn't have it. I saw Commander in Chic and I thought i'll try it out. At first, i was a bit disappointed because it was so much darker than the swatches of Ladylike. I ended up getting Ladylike somewhere else. I actually like Commander in Chic so much more! the application is so easy, opaque in two coats and the colour fits my skintone (NC30). Ladylike made me look so washed out. I'm wearing Commander in Chic as we speak and i LOVE it! it's a mixture of grey/purple/brown? it looks classy but so chic as well! it's my go to nail polish!! I love adding glitter on my ring finger to put more details on my nails. Definitely will repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by whispers0138

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi, I am a red polish kind of gal BUT this polish is one of my favorite colors. I've gotten lots of WOW's but not just because of the color but because of how long the wear is on this polish without any chipping! You can honestly go two to three weeks without chipping. I am very pleased with this polish and plan to purchase more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this formula, I have several of the colors from this line. Lasts a week and I beat my nails up pretty good cleaning, and typing all day for a living. This color is completely unlike an of my usual colors, and this is why I purchased it. No red, no pink! Its a really cool-looking grayish brown-ish, but more gray for sure. I love it! What a great change! I would repurchase for sure, great formula, cool color.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just painted nails for the first time with this.

Showed my husband and he said "Urggh I hate it. Your hands look like they belong on a dead girl. That's a corpse color".

Gotta respect his honesty and happy I still have the receipt. Can't say I disagree - It is a very gloomy color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by fattybumbum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I waited for over two years to finally get my hands on a bottle of Commander in Chic as I could'nt find a bottle to buy..finally last month found it discounted on my perfume discounters web site so bought a bottle right away...I tried it last night ..the plus side I abs love the new wide brush two strokes and my nails are painted & I abs adore the colour...its a perfect neutral for me a lilac/beige...the minus it took three coats of polish to give a good coverage of colourthat I like ..I found it very streaky and less than 24hrs later tip wear on every nail even though I use a really good base coat (OPI) and top coat (Seche Vite)..overall I do love the colour and the brush but for me even though it was a cheap as chips I wont be repurchasing ...Revlons Stormy is an almost perfect dupe & that lasts over a week without any tip wear or chips on me anyway...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will echo the already numerous RAVES for this polish. The polish itself is amazing...it does coat very well, no streaking and very shiny. I love the thicker consistency...it dries quickly. I have this in 'Commander in Chic' and 'Greige' and I love both of them.Great color options in this line and it is GREAt stuff.

As a side bar, I recently got some Deborah Lippmann "Turn Back Time" non-yellowing nail polish and I use this as a base AND top coat and it kept a home done, quickie maniure on for a solid WEEK and I wash dishes, take baths and bang my hands around quite frequently. GREAT stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by coolkris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I consider myself a polish snob but after trying this polish, i am now more open to drugstore polishes. I like this better than my Lippmann Putty in your Hands. It has a better formula and I like this color better. The brush is fantastic, makes it so easy to apply and gives a flawless finish. I can always get the fastest, quickest mani with this.
The only complaint I have is the long neck on the bottle. Sometimes it is hard to get in and out. Other than that, this is perfection!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color when you are sick of wearing pinks, I keep coming back to it. LOVE the wide brush, makes application so much easier. Can be worn in one coat but is ideal with two. Wears fairly well, doesn't chip too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It is a dark taupe/purple color. While I like the wider brush, sometimes I feel like it is too wide. The color lasts 3-5 days with a good top coat like Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Ultra-Wear Top Coat but I am also not careful about my manicure either. I don't use gloves when I hand wash dishes and I take baths often, both of which wreak havoc on nail polish.