July 30, 2014 | 2097 users online

Treatments (Face) - Hemp Seed Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased "Good Oil" cold pressed mild hemp oil. This was a second attempt to use this as a facial cleanser and moisturizer. The first few uses were great, plump moist skin smooth to the touch and plugs coming out of pores. However both times ended the same; slowly but surely my skin would rebel and within a week I would be broken out. Did not try adding an emollient, maybe that would have made a difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This oil has an earthy smell and it has a greenish colour.
It is too heavy for my combination skin even if I use it to clean my face with it BUT I do use it sometimes on my whole face because I have dry cheeks and it really hydrates my skin and makes it soft.
If I use it as a face masage oil, it leaves an oily veil on my eyes but I am OK with it because it doesn't sting and can wash my face with face wash if I want or I just leave it overnight to hydrate my eye area.
It didn't clog my pores and this is very important for me.
I also use it on my body and it is very nourishing. I have very dry body skin and this helps a lot.
On my hair it gives strength and shine without weighing my hair down and again this is a huge deal for me. I just put it on for 15 mins and then wash. It doesn't leave my hair oily.
So yeap I am a fan of hemp oil!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: week three I had the most unbelievable breakout of my life (which I'm still getting over). It was so bad I went to the dermatologist thinking i was having some kinda allergic reaction to something! I was also using apple cider vinegar diluted as a toner. As much as I liked what it initially did to my skin I WILL NOT be attempting this again. It was not a "purge" it was cystic, itching and mortifying! And, despite it having a comedogenic rating of 0--- the doc said, any oil can clog pores...

So, Its been a couple weeks of using hemp oil as a moisturizer. I use it morning and night. At first my skin definitely looked better. More glow, less "ruddy". I've been experimenting with some other cleansers this past week and have had quite a few breakouts because. I hope that the hemp oil helps clear that up.

Pros:
moisturizing
natural
non-comedogenic
i like the smell
Great makeup base!!!
Face feels smooth and soft
Affordable

Cons:
Hard to travel with because it needs to be refrigerated
Comes in an enormous bottle with a short expiry date, so Im sure a lot is going to go to waste... need to find a smaller bottle!
Takes a while to soak in

I'll update in a couple more weeks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaStaley

This stuff is wonderful at hydrating skin and will not cause breakouts! I've been looking for something to use along with my Retin-A (that I use for my cystic acne) as a moisturizer that would help 1- stop the peeling Retin-A causes me and 2- combat the redness Retin-A causes, without aggravating my semi-severe acne.

It really helps with the peeling and dryness. I use 3 drops after washing my face, morning and night. It makes your face SUPER soft and absorbs quickly without leaving your skin slimy and slick.

It also REALLY helps combat redness, partially due to the fact that the oil is naturally green-colored. Red's complimentary color is green, and when the two are combined or layered, they neutralize one another.

It's also 100% non comedogenic. It's a stable oil (it won't change viscosity much due to temperature) and its particles are not large enough to clog pores. I've spent my whole life thinking that oils will break you out, regardless of the kind of oil, which I'm slowly learning isn't 100% true. In fact, it's calming my skin and fighting my break-outs, partly because I think my skin isn't cranking out extra sebum to combat the dryness I've been experiencing. It's great!

The ONLY draw-backs are that 1- the bottle doesn't include a dropper and it's easy to accidentally dispense too much and 2- my husband hates the smell. *shrug* Totally worth it, regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this multi-tasker! I add it to my conditioner, body, and face lotion. It is marvelous at locking in moisture, without leaving a greasy feel. No break-outs, and it helps calm down irritation. I fill up a small .5 oz squirt bottle with this, and put the rest in the fridge to (hopefully) keep the oil from going bad as quickly... A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I waited about 2 months before reviewing this oil. Previously I used Jojoba oil, which works great when mixed in with a body lotion, especially in the colder months, but it was too clogging to use on my face this past Summer. I was already suffering from very clogged pores and the Jojoba just wasn't cutting it. I've been using the same regimine for about 30-45 days of washing my face using a "cleansing oil" (different from the OCM, or Oil-cleansing Method, in that I do not use Castor Oil and I do not steam my face).

The cleansing oil I make myself using 8 parts Organic Hemp Seed Oil (I like the Dr. Adorable brand you can buy off of Amazon.com...previously used Life-Flo brand and it smelled very odd and was a darker green color. The Dr. Adorable brand is a pale yellow color and is almost odorless). The other 2 parts of the cleansing oil are Peg-7 Olivate and Polysorbate 80 - both are emulsifiers, so that the oil will bind to water and rinse cleanly away. I buy the emulsifiers from Garden of Wisdom's site.

I typically follow up with a 2 % salycilyic acid toner (alcohol free) from Garden of Wisdom, or "lightly" apply plain Hemp Seed oil to my face if it is dry. This combo has helped clear my pores...still some clogs, but since I'm dealing with hormonal-pregnancy induced acne, almost in my 3rd trimester ...I'll take what I can get. :) I really love this stuff! I've also rubbed it into my back and shoulders after every shower as I've had painfully dry itchy skin on my back since becoming pregnant. This helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I must not be able to tolerate this. It burned my face so bad, I looked I fell asleep for 3 days on the beach (in the sun) ... I tried it on other parts of my body and it itched like mad. :( Hemp oil is wonderful for those who can use it. Just wish I were one of those people. grrrrrrr!!!! I would highly recommend it to those who can tolerate it, which is why I didn't totally dog the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by vienna64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give hemp seed oil a try as Fran from High on Health recommended it as excellent for getting rid of clogged pores. So tried it for 6 weeks and it really turned my skin into a complete mess. I was breaking out like never before and it turned every tiny blackhead and every clogged pore I had into a pimple. First I thought that maybe this is just the purging phase and it will go away, but after 6 weeks and my skin constantly getting worse I finally had enough and I stopped using hemp seed oil. Luckily my skin cleared up in about a week after I stopped using it. I'm back again to using jojoba oil, and that seems to work fine, does not break me out at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was starting to think that my skin would just not work with OCM, even though everyone else seems to love it. One would dry out my skin, the other would give me zits...it was awful. And then, I stumbled onto the reviews on here for Hemp Seed Oil, and how it worked for people with rosacea.

This was my last ditch effort with oil cleansing...and I'm so, so glad I tried it.

My skin really likes this oil...not loves, unlike other lucky people, it did not totally reverse my rosacea. However, I have NEVER had a breakout from it, my rosacea has NEVER been triggered by it, and whenever I piss my skin off too much, I go back to just hemp seed oil (and maybe zinc masks) to calm it down again.

I also use this oil on my face when I shower (I realized that hard water was also causing breakouts for me). Just massage it in, take your shower, and wipe it off when you get out. Seriously, I love this stuff.

If you have rosacea and you haven't been able to tolerate any oils so far, I highly recommend you try Hemp Seed Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love hemp seed oil. I use it as my face and neck moisturizer and it makes my skin SO SOFT. I also use it on my body, hands, and cuticles. It's a wonderful moisturizer and it absorbs quickly, so there is no greasy feeling left on your skin for hours after applying it like with coconut, olive, sweet almond oil, etc.. Some people think it smells "nutty". I guess so. It smells like weed to me, lol. I also use just a tiny dab on the ends of my hair after washing it and it makes my hair super soft and shiny. I press the bottle mouth against the palm of my hand and use the small circle of oil it leaves behind, which I rub well into my ends then I comb it through all of my hair. Hemp oil helps your hair grow and it's very good for your skin and your overall health in general. I have seen improvements in my fine facial lines, undereye circles, and skin texture since I have started using this oil. Some with acne say it helped them with that, too, although I am fortunate enough to not have acne very often. Forget expensive creams filled with harsh chemicals and give hemp seed oil a try.