August 1, 2014 | 1855 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by emils1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! Lasted through about 20min. of serious crying, a real feat. No running or anything--I did not have to touch up before going out afterward. I live in a dry climate so idk if that matters but it held up all day long for 12+ hours. Definitely recommended! Doesn't feel like tar like some of the cheaper wp mascaras do. The color was nice and it did not clump.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

At first this was a great mascara, when I put it on, it makes my lashes look like dolly lashes in a way, the fake lashes type. It really makes my lashes hard though. Because I live in humid weather, I found bits of mascara under my eyes. Ever since that day, I did not want to try to see if I would like this mascara, it just doesn't work in humid weather, and it flakes off my lashes after awhile. :/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I must say, this is your average volumizing mascara. But not great though. I am currently using Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Waterproof and I must say, I love the original (non-waterproof) version more than the waterproof. Why? Well, one thing that makes me say, "Oh! I don't like this!" is that it flakes like hell. Oh yes, even from the very moment you put it, let it dry and set, it flakes! Your liquidy like mascara turns into dry black flakes that scatters around your eye area and for my case, it went inside my eye and I had troubles taking it out. Good thing I was not in the hurry. I am obviously not in love with this mascara and will NEVER re-purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pecany

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most favorite mascara ever. The first tube I bought was in a duty free store heading back to the States for my grandmother's funeral. I never buy waterproof but I bought this one especially for the funeral and because the price in the duty free store was great, something like 17 Euros. The normal price here in Germany is 22 Euros.
Not only did it hold up well for the funeral, I noticed that it was an amazing mascara! It elongates my lashes and gives me the volume I need. I have no trouble taking it off at night with a waterproof eye make up remover (I use ds - Maybelline). It has never burned my eyes and lasts all day. I love, love, love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mishat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
Irritated and panda eyes with no effect :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

I'm not sure if the lady at the counter of Estee Lauder gave me the right "waterproof" bottle but using the wand at the counter, Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Waterproof Mascara had zero staying power... I was exposed to basically a waterfall amount of water and the mascara did not last. That's how waterproof my HG mascara should withstand. I don't know if I just unfortunately got the wrong bottle given to me/if the formula changed/if the wand really does the magic...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I have had my tube since march (it is now june) and it is still going strong. I do not wear this everyday since it is a pretty hardcore waterproof mascara, but when I do wear it, it isn't dry or anything. I am able to build up my lashes and make them ultra long and thick without clumping, just like the non-waterproof sumptuous. This mascara has serious staying power, doesn't flake and you need a makeup remover to get it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by mrscatsmith

Usually use DW in black which I find is the best mascara by far. I need a waterproof one for my holiday and was advised my the sales lady that this one is just as lash building as DW. I have used this twice and while it is pretty good it is not a patch of the DW. Nevertheless, it is very waterproof so will be perfect for my holiday. Think I will use my DW until I need this one though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by fatisil

It does show up on your lashes (so it's not as bad as some other high end mascaras). However it is very "dry", which makes it clumpy and hard to work with. It completely dried out after 2 months of using it intermittently. So... Very expensive for the few uses I got out of it.

On the plus side: it is really, really, really waterproof! You could go swimming and it wouldn't smear. Which unfortunately also means it is a nightmare to take off! You have to really soak your eyes on biphasic eye makeup remover to get rid of it.

Not buying it ever again!

For reference: my favourite mascara is still L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon black (which is not avaible in my country so I buy it on airports ;))

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by RubyRose99

i bought this mascara because i wanted a super-long wearing product that would add 'fluttery definition' to my lashes- pretty much volumise them, without being clumpy.

i usually use a cheapy mascara, Maybelline Full'N'Soft, which lifts my lashes, adds volume, is not clumpy and the colour suits my eyes (it's the 'right' black lol). The only problem with this is that it falls down a little. i like to do my makeup in the morning, and to have it looking flawless no matter what i do (for the record, i wear minimal makeup- eyeliner/mascara, possibly a little translucent powder or lipstain, depending on my mood- so this isn't an unrealistic expectation).

the EL Mascara stays put all day. However, the formula is too wet for me, so it doesn't give me that 'fluttery' effect that i love. it doesn't lift my lashes very well, or lengthen them. I've tried layering this over my Maybelline for the smudge-proof effect, and while it does waterproof them, the excess of product made my lashes clumpy. not worth the money for me! i would rather spend the money on clarins' waterproof clear mascara.