Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

4.2

on 2/26/2015 1:56:00 AM

I first received a small bottle in my GWP and have now repurchased a full size bottle.

I generally wear eye makeup only 3-4 times a week now I only work part time and I no longer wear it heavy, mainly just eyeshadow and not waterproof mascara, occassionally some pencil if I go out.

I have used many eye makeup removers but mainly cheaper ones e.g. L'oreal, Nivea, Simple etc. I never would have dreamed of spending NZ$46 on a remover. But I received the sample and for the first time I found a remover that just made my eye akeup slide of with no residue AND did not sting. Most are just to strongly fragranced that they burn or so weak that I have to rub and rub.

My little sample bottle 50ml lasted about 6 months so I expect Ill get about a year from the full size bottle. Mine is the new packaging and has a very small hole so I have had no issues with spillage or wastage.

Overall I like it but wish it was cheaper, however I justified by buying during gift time so go heaps of extra goodies so not feeling ripped off at all. Must add I have been so impressed with Clarins GWPs, nearly always get useful products I either use or wanted to try and great sizes too!

on 11/5/2014 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This used to be my favorite eye mu remover and really used to remove everything in an instant. But no longer. It has been changed and now every time I use it my eyes puff up and it takes forever for my eye mu to come off. I no longer like the scent of this. Now it is run-of-the mill eye mu remover. Boo hiss. I am thoroughly disgusted.

on 10/26/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got sucked into buying this by someone raving about it on their blog! I really can't see what is good about it tbh. I need to use loads to get a decent removal of my mascara etc. I do like the fact that is has oil in it but I can't see that making any difference at all not like the Clinique take the day off. All in all this has been a complete waste of money for me.

on 9/26/2014 5:01:00 PM

I love this product. I'm into my second bottle which is nearly gone and I'll definitely buy it again.. It removes all eye makeup and lipstick. It biphase and is half oil. Amazing!! Xx

on 8/15/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

the best eye makeup remover ever. no problems with my sensitive skin. I just put 2 cotton wool pads onto my eyes and let the product do its work. love love love it.

on 6/6/2014 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is amazing! It doesn't cause any stinging or irritation to my eyes. I really love the scent of it, it's nice and gentle. Even though I have oily skin, I don't mind the oily texture of this product, because the eye area doesn't get oily anyway. It removes my makeup easily, but I have to admit that I don't use waterproof makeup. I would definitely buy it again.

on 4/18/2014 6:35:00 AM

Amazing! The BEST eye makeup remover on the market. The oily texture removes any mascara or eye makeup even waterproof mascara with ease and it's really gentle too. I could not be without this now!

I've bought this stuff 10 times already! It's the best! I've used everything from pharmacy brand to high end named brands to salon brands to home made brands. Nothing compares!!!

on 7/14/2013 2:21:00 PM

If like me you often wear heavy eye makeup, khol pencils and waterproof mascara, you definitely need one of these. Shake it well to mix it allow your cotton pad to soak then place it on the eye for a minute and swipe. Voila works like a charm! Its oily in texture but doesn't irritate my eyes and remove every single bit of eye makeup. Great product.

on 4/15/2013 3:23:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this and absolutely love it! I have been using Lancome's Bi-Facil (animal testing + too pricey) and L'Oreal's Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF (worn out my eye area so even gentlest products burned and stung afterwards) before until I found this. It's quite the same idea: dual action remover with oil and cleansing agent but this is the most GENTLE and natural of all. I also tried RoC's Multi-Action MU Remover Milk, which stung my eyes and wouldn't get eye MU off without rubbing hard. It is very gentle, doesn't sting the skin, doesn't require any long rubbing, doesn't smell much and conditions the lashes and skin with the oils. It does a great job removing waterproof and strong MU like gel and liquid eyeliners and mascara. I also use it for removing long-wear or matte lipstick, also works great.
TIP: first, shake well before use. Then apply to a cotton ball or pad and press it gently to your lid. Hold it for a couple of seconds (depends on how much eye MU you have on) and wipe it all off. Most probably all of it won't come off with one wipe and you might want to wipe once more to get rid of everything.
I would not recommend using it on your entire face because the oils in the liquid could clog pores or break out sensitive skin, eyes and maybe lips if you have a long-lasting matte product on.

Verdict: Keeper!

INGREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.