August 22, 2014 | 1975 users online

Powder - Boots - No. 7 Mineral Perfection Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I really wanted this to be wonderful stuff as I hate wearing liquid foundation, but all that I found was that it aged my skin terribly. Maybe it's because my skin can be a little oily, but it seemed to sink into every line and pore, leaving me looking horrific. I did persevere with it, thinking that maybe I was putting it on wrong, but gave up as it was just drying my skin out. After a few weeks I donated this to my daughter for her 'play make-up' and really, that's all it's good for.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by CareyStephens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to buy Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals but couldn't afford it so i had a voucher for money off so decided to give the No.7 mineral foundation a try. There was only one colour available in ivory that the assistant said suited all skin types and colours. This suited me on this occasion as I get confused with too much choice and cant make up my mind. Also I was on the lucky side that my skin tone is actually quite fair anyway.

I didn't bother to watch the instruction videos that are apparently available on YouTube as to how to apply mineral foundation, I just went for it. The results were very good. I had good even coverage and a nice colour too. My face somehow looked groomed and classy I thought. Another bonus with mineral make-up I found is that you can touch it up at the end of the day if you are going out. There is no need to redo your whole face and just a few strokes with the laden brush 'regrooms' your face.

I must admit I like this product, it is easy to use and also quite quick to apply to get good results. I will carry on using it but just for my own satisfaction I might look into the other brands to do a comparison on colour and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Jadieda

Just the rite amount of coverage. Wish it come In a mini version for my bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

to me this has completely replaced my mac mineralize skinfinish natural which i do love..its very light and natural looking and still covers a lot ..does not oxidize on my face .. i have it in new ivory. it has a yellow tone color which i love in my foundations . i will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by iMirna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very dry skin,acne prone,and a oily t-zone.And I have pimples,discoloration/hyper pigmentation and I hate wearing makeup.
And this is perfect!If I have any pimple I cover it up with my concealer(Which I adore) and then I take any type of powder brush(Not the one that it comes with) and just dap it on.You can get light coverage,but if you keep applying a few you get pretty good coverage.I got it in New Ivory ,and I am very pale yet it stills looks great,not orange.I love this , it comes with a lot in my opinion ,but I still decided to stock up by buying a second one the other day.I've been using it for months,and the coverage is great,didn't make me breakout,the packaging is ..ehh not bad tho the packaging looks very nice and it comes with a brush too! I would really recommend:)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mineral loose powder foundation for 3 days straight now and love it. It is light (you don't feel like you're wearing foundation at all) and it has good coverage. The shade I'm using is New Ivory, which is the lightest shade available, however it is still too dark for my skin! It makes me look like I have a tanned face and the colour of my neck is obviously different than the colour of my face. Apart from the shade issue, everything else about this product is excellent. It comes in a nice looking pot and also comes with a brush. The brush is in a small black mesh bag and looks really lovely. Application of this product is easy: just tap some of the powder onto the pot cap and swirl your brush in it. Then tap off any excess and apply onto face in circular motions. Repeat all over the face.

BTW I don't use the supplied brush. I use my flawless face BE brush instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

Would I buy this again? Yes, in fact I already have. I have a backup of it in my drawer right now. It makes the most beautiful setting powder. So flawless and glowing without that shimmery/greasy look. Just soft-focus beauty. I sooooo wish they made a few lighter colors. The lightest color they have is about an NC25 and I can *just* pull it off in the summer over a slightly lighter liquid foundation. I am VERY sad that I will be without this product during the winter time when I am an NC20. Very sad face.....=(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really terrific foundation. It's extremely buildable coverage for a powder, and the gemstone complex gives such a nice glow...however, I agree with everyone here who has commented that even the lightest shade (New Ivory, which I also have) is too dark. I typically use nearly the lightest shade in any line of foundation, and I was disappointed that New Ivory really wasn't anywhere near "ivory."

But...

I was putting my makeup on the other day and decided to do a little experiment. I tapped a bit of MAC's Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk onto the lid and mixed it into the foundation. The Silver Dusk is a cool, pale pink in color, and I've noticed that when I use it on its own, as a highlighter, it tends to make me look a little washed out. So I mixed up the two, and the Silver Dusk COMPLETELY evened out the color of the foundation. It does add a pretty insane amount of sparkle, but the larger pieces can be brushed off pretty well with a soft foundation brush, and what's left over is a really nice sheen that actually provides some decent coverage.

I did find, before this discovery, that the No. 7 New Ivory on its own worked pretty well for summer, when my face has a little more color, and that it blends pretty softly, color-wise, so that at least you don't end up with a funky mask look if you do use it. Short of mixing it with the MAC powder, it can also be evened out with either a translucent finishing powder (Burt's Bees Vanishing Powder works great, but I think that's been discontinued) or even a lighter pressed powder. Not ideal, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by laurelelizabeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a fairly dark olive complexion and this is the perfect color for me. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by EricaDerout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 1/2 Indian, with olive skin and I love this mineral foundation. The New Ivory color is perfect for me.

I layer this over the True Identity Foundation and get flawless results that last all day. So while the color range is perfect for me, I can see why fair skinned ladies can't get a good color match. What a shame, because the product is terrific!