August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra Eye Shadow - 18 Kaska Beige

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently got this in a swap, and being only my 2nd Chanel quad was excited to try it. I was disappointed at first because there was hardly any pigment on any of the shadows. What I did was take off the first layer of each color, with a tissue, and the pigmentation has returned. I'm a purple and brown wearer (I have hazel eyes, NC20) so I knew this would work on me. I wasn't disappointed. Because there are 2 dark shades, this could be used in many ways, more versatile than Spices, my 1st quad, which I also love. I agree though that I wish the lightest shade was lighter, with more sheen, as a more proper highlighter, hence the 4 rating. I have yet to try it in other ways, but love it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by 123finallyfriday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only Chanel quad I own, and probably the only I will purchase, Working at a makeup counter I get to play around with a lot of makeup, and to be honest this one is by far the best combination I've seen Chanel make, for my taste that is. I think the colors look amazing on all eyecolors, but espessially brown and green, because of the warm goldeny shade, and the slight plummy brown. really brings the hazel out in brown eyes. I am not a collecter like some chanel fans, even though I could easily be, given my place of work, I like simple elegant makeup without too much clutter, and this is a quad I could easily chuck in my bag for a weekend or a holiday and be perfectly satisfied. I think the shades a classy natural and timeless. The only negative thing I have to say is that they arrent the most pigmented eyeshadows in the world, you do kind of have to rub your brush a bit, but this doesnt bother me that much. Love them.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So expensive, so boring. I love it! LOL I've been wanting a Chanel quad for a while and I decided on kaska beige bc the colors looked so safe. When trying a new brand, especially such an expensive one, I prefer to try something safe, colors that I know I'm likely to use bc of the profession I'm in. I expected that my favorite color would be the medium golden-looking one, but it isn't. It's not really golden at all on my eye, just looks like my skin. The ones I love are the lightest and darkest shades- the lightest reminds me of my fave highlight (MAC's brule) and the dark shade is the perfect outer-v daytime definer (not too dark, not too cool toned for my complexion). Quality wise, these shadows are very smooth and buttery. They do tend to powder a bit, but unlike cheaply soft shadows that powder up, these dont go on blotchy or spotty - they blend like a dream! Overall, I am really happy w this product - it's my go-to professional day palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by myohmy

love chanel quads, once you buy one you keep buying more. this is a very versatile quad and can be used strategically for most day but also night as you can apply product wet for a darker look. Usually hate plastic application but the ones that come with it are quite useful, especially for applying the darker shade as a liner and for shading. Wish I could buy all the quads.. droooooool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This is one of my most beautiful e/s quads I own. The colors by themselves are nothing spectacular, but something amazing happens when you apply them together. It gives you such a natural look, but defined and smokey at the same time. I use the gold color on the lid with a golden base (MAC cash flow PP), then use the taupey-purple color in the crease (which blends out beautifully!!). The darkest purple color is used wet as a liner for both upper and lower lashes. The creamy color is used as a highlight and inner tearduct brightener.

Staying power is good, don't see much if any creasing after a day's wear, but again, use a good primer for more pigmentation.

The only down side is that the shadows are a bit powdery, but nothing too horrible that I can't live with! Overall - wonderful daily-use palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got this being as my ud naked shadows where a pain to fit in my on the go makeup bag. i saw the chanel shadows and thought they where great for every day natural eyes.............the 2 lighter colours are not as pigmented as the darker colours and i had the shock of my life when i found my nyx shadows had better colour pay off. it just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel Kaska Beige eye shadow quad ($57 USD) contains a deep neutral shades of brownish and purplish. This is one of the best quad from Chanel. The staying power is amazing with or without an eyeshadow primer! The shadows affect is so pretty as well, it has a micro shimmer once applied to an eyelid that is not glittery but subtle for any age groups. People tend to notice my eyes more whenever I wear Kaska Beige and this makes me happy. You can do many looks with this quad from an everyday light brown to an evening smoky brownish/purplish. The compact comes in a dark blue velvet poach and 2 sponge tip brushes. If you plan to get a Chanel quad, get this one, you will love it. I would recommend Kaska Beige for everyone with all skin tones and undertones because it will look very beautiful on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by machiivalentine

I bought this on a splurge buy when I was wanting to replace my god-awful glitter-infused L'Oreal Lavender Smokes Palette. I loved the colors in the L'Oreal palette, so I went to the Chanel counter asking if they had something similar. The MUA recommended the Kaska Beige Quad, and I haven't looked back. The vanilla color is seriously the best one I have ever come across. I know it's strange to rant about vanilla colors, but it's just that amazing! I also love alternating between the glimmer purple and glimmer brown for work on my outer courner. They're the perfect amount of glimmer, and not so obnoxious as the L'Oreal palette. The matte brown is wonderful for my crease when I wear my glasses, creating a beautiful natural look. This is an HG palette for me. At first I was worried, since I'd heard it was only a limited edition palette, but so far, Chanel still carries it. I hope they never get rid of it! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Sorry, but this quad is soooo boring. I thought it would bring out the blue in my grey eyes. No way! It just sat there (in all kind of combinations) - boring brown-ish rather flat shadows. All colors crease on me as well. I am not really into Chanel eyeshadows as they have little to 0 staying power on me despite eyeshadow base+powder on top (European baked versions, I haven't tried any other versions).
I still use this quad every now and then but it's just not worth the money you pay for it (in my opinion). It's still good for creating a natural nude daily look (you can upgrade it to "I am ready to party* look with the darker purple shadow). I also think the SA who advised this quad to me was way wrong! I am fair with pink undertones, and this quad is rather "warm". She shouldn't have advised it to me in the first place! Update: one lippie up. I should have tried it with UD sin as base color long ago. It gives this quad a whole new dimension.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Kaska Beige quad is stunning! It is very natural on my mac Nw45 comlextion yet it shows. I put the lightest color to highlight, the sparkly brown color on the inner portion of my eye halfway, then the plum color from the middle out, following up with the matte brown in the crease and blend from there...it is the perfect natural look!! the quality is amazing! smooth, and blends with ease!