July 22, 2014 | 2039 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Deep Moisture Nourishing Bodywash w/Nutrium Moisture

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Lathered up well and provided good moisture - especially on my legs after shaving.
Cons: Hard to get it out of the bottle when it starts to run low, I also didn't like the smell (had a soapy/perfume smell).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This body wash really is as moisturizing as it claims. I always use lotion after I shower to prevent dry, itchy skin, but I always still had rough spots on the backs of my legs and arms. After using this for a few weeks, plus moisturizing afterwards, my skin was sooo soft and smooth. But, unfortunately I also began to break out here and there on my shoulders, back, and chest. I don't know if the Dove caused it or just didn't prevent it, but unfortunately, having clear skin is more important to me than having 100% soft skin. It's a really hard trade-off! If you have skin that doesn't break out and gets dry, this would be perfect for you. And fortunately, I've found a lotion that makes my skin soft, without breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I wish it would be upside down, I like to get all the product. It's my favorite. The only one I've trusted in Dove's body washes. I wish it were less expensive though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this after having not used it for quite a while, and I forgot that I love this stuff. It's great as a shaving cream, and if you use a pouf it lathers well. I find it's not as stripping as other body washes, but I still like to put lotion on afterwards. I like the smell (the original one), it smells clean to me. I'll probably buy something new when I use it up, only because I get bored easily & like trying new products.. but in the future I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by srosen24

I love this body wash! I have been using it for almost 3 years and it is amazing! I have extremely sensitive skin and it has made it soft and supple. The plum/purple scent is my favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by aDUCK036

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this product a few years ago, although at that time it did not contain the Nutrium Moisture component. Im a product junkie and it was new, so of course I had to try it. I have never been so impressed with a body wash, and ever since then, I have never stopped buying this product.

It lathers beautifully, comes in a myriad of scents, and moisturizes like no other. I've honestly tried every single scent, even the new ones, and I always go back to the cucumber and green tea one for some reason. It just makes you feel overwhelmingly fresh and clean and is suitable no matter the season.

I've honestly probably gone through about twenty, if not more, of these bottles throughout the years. Every now and then I'll buy a new body wash that intrigues me and when I'm out of this stuff, but I always come back to this. Always. Nothing else moisturizes as well!

Also, I don't have very sensitive skin, although I am prone to small red bumps and razor burn, and this body wash really helps with and prevents that. It's a relief to know I'm not harming my skin.

In a nutshell, this is my absolute HG body wash. The only reason I took off a lippie is because of the packaging, which is pretty heinous, and the fact that you'll probably go through the bottle rather quickly. Other than those two objections, though, this stuff is gold.

Side note: I never review products anymore, but I felt it was necessary for this one, and about time considering how long I've used it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my dry arms and legs. For years Iíve been using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash to combat my bacne, but it was too harsh on my arms and legs. So after exfoliating with Neutrogena and exfoliating gloves on my back, I use a blob of Dove on a puff and it makes my skin super soft and comfortable, not tight. I love that itís very gentle, not aggravating my eczema and has not caused any bacne either. In a pinch, Iíve used this in place of shave gel and it works pretty well, though not to the same precision as shave gel. On a side note, I hate the packaging. The flip top is so small and oddly cone-shaped, while the bottle is wide and doesn't want to stay on the shower ledge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin tends to be dry, and is worse in the winter. I love Philosophy, Sephora, and Bath & Body Works shower gels, but during the winter, they're just too drying. I keep the big bottle of this in my shower during the winter. It is thick, creamy and white, lathers well, has a nice scent, and leaves your skin feeling great - not at all stripped or dry. This body wash is about as hydrating as you can find, and it keeps my skin from feeling tight and itchy. It soothes my legs after shaving. Soybean oil is one of the first ingredients, even before the lathering agent. This is a very nice body wash for anyone with dry skin. I notice some less-than-stellar reviews, and I feel the need to address that. Some reviewers mention that their skin is so dry they need multiple layers of the heaviest lotions available, but were really hoping that just by using this body wash they could skip lotion altogether, or that their skin would be miraculously moisturized and perfect. Seriously? People, it is a body wash that you rinse off. If your skin is truly dry, this may help, but of course you will still need lotion after using this. No body wash is going to eliminate the need for lotion, that's just common sense. Anyway, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by stls

That's my least favourite dove body wash. I don't like the smell and feels like it's never washed off properly, leaves that greasy residute I've never experienced with other dove body washes. Maybe that ''film'' provides the moisture but I prefer to use another shower gel and body milk instead.