December 22, 2014 | 1095 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Deep Moisture Nourishing Bodywash w/Nutrium Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I love Dove and was a religious user of their original beauty bar as my go to body wash. Come winter time, my skin gets very dry and I felt like I needed to use something more moisturizing. I picked this up and was pleasantly surprised. I love the smell, it has nice lather, leaves me feeling less dry and like the original beauty bar, doesn't cause me to break out on my chest or back. I don't sense the slickness or film left behind that others are describing on here. If anything, when I run my fingers over the top of my back and shoulder blades, where my skin tends to feel oily at times, it feels perfectly balanced and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with any scent that reminds me of the Tide or Downey fragrance in my freshly laundered clothes. I dont wear perfume and shy away from scented hair products & body washes bc of my obsession.

So as I mulled over which winter body wash to use - I was nicely surprised this body wash in the flavor 'Go Fresh - Blue
Fig & Orange Blossom' had a compatible scent to the clean laundry smell I like.

Major Pro: Clean, Fresh fragrance
Cons:
-clunky packaging (disproportionately-sized flip cap on bulky bottle) for lotiony textured product
- thick lotion-like texture that has to be diluted with water on a washcloth to spread evenly
- requires extra rinsing to avoid filmy feeling

I can ignore the cons bc the creaminess gives me moisture & the scent is nice for Work and Date Nights.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a little 2 oz sample of this and glad I didn't purchase. The scent was a very strong fruity floral, but it doesn't linger after you rinse it off. It is definitely a low-lather type of wash. I had to use quite a lot to get it to lather well. I like lather so thats a negative for me. What I didn't like, and what makes me give it such a low rating, it the feeling of a film it left on my skin. After rinsing, my skin just felt sticky. I ended up washing again with my regular body wash (Nature's Gate Velvet Moisture in Papaya) to wash the feeling away. Threw the rest of the bottle away.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by roseannabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I used this I did feel like it made my skin softer and more moisturized. The only issue I had was it seemed like you needed to use a lot of product to get it to foam up properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicarwx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove is really the only brand of deodorant and body wash I use! This body wash is one I use often. My favorite is the gentle exfoliating one just because I like the scent more. This doesn't have a strong scent and lathers up nicely. I'd imagine it would be great for people with dry or sensitive skin as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Although this helps my dry skin that is perpetuated by showering twice daily, I hated the smell of this(artificial fruity with some perfume on top) and that it did not leave me feeling clean all over. In a few hours I felt like I had not showered. It also leaves my washcloth and my shower puff feeling slick. Ew. I feel there has to be something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Lathered up well and provided good moisture - especially on my legs after shaving.
Cons: Hard to get it out of the bottle when it starts to run low, I also didn't like the smell (had a soapy/perfume smell).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This body wash really is as moisturizing as it claims. I always use lotion after I shower to prevent dry, itchy skin, but I always still had rough spots on the backs of my legs and arms. After using this for a few weeks, plus moisturizing afterwards, my skin was sooo soft and smooth. But, unfortunately I also began to break out here and there on my shoulders, back, and chest. I don't know if the Dove caused it or just didn't prevent it, but unfortunately, having clear skin is more important to me than having 100% soft skin. It's a really hard trade-off! If you have skin that doesn't break out and gets dry, this would be perfect for you. And fortunately, I've found a lotion that makes my skin soft, without breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I wish it would be upside down, I like to get all the product. It's my favorite. The only one I've trusted in Dove's body washes. I wish it were less expensive though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.