November 24, 2014 | 1916 users online

Cleansers - Nuxe - Aroma-Perfection Purifying Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Charmel5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a very nice cleansing gel, very soft and mild, but at the same time cleans very well! despite being very mild, it leaves your face squeaky clean. Subtle pleasant smell

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Igivereviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail! I've tried my fair share of cleansers and this is really one of the best on the market. It is gentle but cleanses effectively. It has helped to minimise my acne tremendously! I was a little apprehensive at first as the list of ingredients is really long despite being marketed as natural product. I was afraid it would break me out initially. I'm glad it didn't. Really worth the try if you have acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by nony222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good cleanser for my prone sensitive skin , i love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a nice, low foaming, non-harsh cleanser. It smells great and removes grime. It doesn't leave you dry however i'm not sure about its acne reducing qualities. I like the pump it comes in. Its best if you are prone to congested skin and want a deep cleanser without the harshness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by donatela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product for about 3-4 weeks. It's a decent cleanser but it doesn't do what it says on the bottle. I have acne-prone skin and tried various cleansers that did better job in terms of cleaning blackheads or pimples. But it didn't break me out. Just a decent cleanser.And aroma-wise, not that perfect just pleasant. I liked the packaging with the pump. It's practical. However, i won't be buying this again. I wouldn't mind using this again, but it won't be my first choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by xmermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The problem with this product is that it doesn't really do anything. I did not notice any improvement in my skin, yet I did not notice anything get any worse either. Also, for a product named after it's "perfect smell" I didn't like it at all. It did a good job of taking off most of my makeup at least. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

This is for the purifying cleansing gel. I liked it, it took all my make up off including my eye make up but I don't like the pump. There is quite a bit of product left in the bottle and its difficult to get it out when the pump won't do it. I have the bottle upside down in a glass and then I open it up and try and shake it out into my hand, pain in the a**. Won't buy again, don't like packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for a while in the past. i still have it somewhere around here, and i am currently using it to wash my makeup brushes. it is not going to touch my face anytime soon because i am upset. yes, i said it.

this review concerns both the Cleansing Gel and the Anti-Imperfection Care moisturizer.

my hate relationship with Nuxe started two years (or so) ago when i read in a women's magazine (cosmo or allure, i don't remember but it was a quite credible one) while on the airplane about the fact that Nuxe is a brand that some Hollywood actresses like, and they were talking about the Huile Prodigieuse (disappointing with capital letter...), the eye balm and i don't know what else, and saying that Charlize Theron and Mariah Carey (or something similar) swear by it, bla bla bla, you know, the usual stars and makeup relationship you can always see inside glossy magazines.

i decided it was time for me to get an upgrade and stop using shitty face products, it was my skin after all, and start buying this natural French brand. ooookay then!
my first product was the oil, obviously, couldn't resist. didn't like it, but i said maybe that's just one product, etc etc.
i bought this at the end of this summer when i came back to sweden from my home country, which has a pretty hot climate in summer. i was full of blackheads, my skin was in a terrible shape, sweaty and large pores yet felt dry and lifeless, i had tiny little red zits popping everywhere (and i never have zits during the year...except for the month of july, if i'm somewhere hot), i thought i need to invest in a quality product, once and for all.

and i got this and the aroma perfection Hydrating Anti-Imperfection Care (a face cream).
i paid 600 crowns for both of these, which is 60 euros, 54 or 87 dollars. yes, i also thought it was a bit stupid to pay this much for a cosmetic company but still, i was desperate.
the tube comes in 200 ml (6.7 fl oz) format with a pump, white with stuff written in green letters and the company's logo.

it claims the following: 'clears pores and eliminates excess sebum while respecting the skin. soap free, mild surfactants. morning or night, work into a lather then rinse. without added paraben or phenoxyethanol'.

it doesn't clear your pores at all. at least it didn't clean mine. zero, nada. it made my little red zits disappear and that's the only thing it changed,....that most probably would've have happened anyway since i was changing climate, coming back to sweden's colder weather.

it cleaned out my sebum so well i was left with drying skin that was still plagued by pores...unclean, of course. blackheads as usual, only on dry skin now. horror!

they claim it is dermatologically tested and everything, but right after washing my face with the Coalface from Lush and applying the hydrating treatment from the exact same brand, i instantly got huge itchy red patches all over my face. they went away in about 15 minutes and i never had a breakout or anything disturbing except for the itchiness and fear, but still.....i paid so much money for a product that performed worse than my Nivea Young gel Wash Off that costs 3 euros at the supermarket...

what a shame!!! i am truly disappointed with these two products. they claim to help and everything but they just worsen your skin condition by solving a little bit of the problem and bringing about different issues such as driness, irritation and patchiness.

will never purchase again and NOT recommend it at all!