Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Anti Wrinkle Treatment - Oil Free Formula

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Green Tea Extract, Carrageenan (Red Seaweed) (Sea Kelp Extract), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer

on 3/29/2015 1:28:00 PM

One of the best products in my skincare kit aside from my double cleansing routine. I bought this off iherb for around 14 dollar+shipping. It has a runny gel like consistency.

This is how I use it. I first double cleanse my face. I put on a generous amount of this on face and neck avoiding the eye area (I've tried and it stings when it migrates like hell). I let it sit for 30 min before continuing with my regimen. This is CRUCIAL. You HAVE to let it sit for at least 20 min to work.

Only downside is the packaging. The first times is used this product I used way to much since it came out so fast from the tube. Having it in a tube is fine, they just need to get a narrower "hole" so that not so much product gets out.

This helped my skin SO much. I used to have closed white comedones and occasional annoying pimples. This is history now. My skin has never been clearer since I introduced AHA and BHA in my skin care regimen.

I will repurchase this forever. Highly recommend this product for all skin types except sensitive. If you got sensitive skin use this with caution.

Ingredients: Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Green Tea Extract, Carrageenan (Sea Kelp Extract), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer

on 3/28/2015 2:56:00 AM

I have oily skin, and I'm acne-prone; I often have one or two pimples on my face at a time now, but used to have three to six. They're mainly cystic. I have fair skin, and the hyperpigmentation (which I get even if I don't pick) takes forever to go away.

This reduces the number of breakouts, and speeds up the healing time of existing acne and post acne marks. I use it once a night, occasionally in the morning (and I use SPF 50 daily, and reapply when necessary). It's a gel, but a thin one that spreads easily, which is nice; it does feel a bit tacky on your skin as it dries, but that goes away. I took one lippie off packaging because the packaging lets the thin gel leak out, so I often open it and there's loads in the cap/if I squeeze it, even gently, too much comes out.

However, the price and results are excellent. I've been using it for several months, and my older hyperpigmentation marks are gone; it takes a couple months maximum for an acne mark to disappear completely for me with this (which is far sped up than the previous time it took, which was at least twelve months -- I used to keep photos to see how different products worked). Two months seems like a long time to some other folks; remember, I don't use it 2x per day, per package instructions.

Edit: this isn't a moisturizing product. I always follow up with argan oil, after letting it soak in for a bit; use a moisturizer!

on 12/14/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this glycolic acid product! Ive used it periodically over the past fee years. Previously i would use neostrata 10%glycolic, and it was roughly 4x the price. So this is good value. I wouldnt recommend using it every night ongoing, because apparently the skin gets accustomed to it and it will lose its effectiveness. I find using it for a week every few months gives my skin good exfoliation. My dark spots from any blemishes fade, pores reduce, and my skin glows. When i add vitamin c serum in the day its even better! Excellent product!

on 11/30/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Oh my gosh--where to start? I have tried A LOT of different products, treatments, strategies, etc. to clear my acne and have mostly seen poor to okay results, at best. After some research I decided to try adding AHA into my skincare routine because I had read it does help some people who suffer with acne. I picked this up at Ulta for around $12.

I use it morning and night, before applying my moisturizer. From Day 1 I saw a positive difference in my skin--it glowed and looked brighter. The texture has improved some. But, most importantly, my acne has slowed down A LOT. I have seen a major difference (lessening) in the amount of breakouts I am getting and when I do get a breakout it doesn't hang around very long anymore. This product has been the only major change in my skincare routine, so I am 100% sure it is to credit.

If you are acne-prone and haven't been able to find something to help--try this! I am never removing it from my skincare routine unless it is discontinued.

on 11/4/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of the best AHA products especially for the price.

I was using Ole Henriksen's Invigorating Night gel as a night time glycolic treatment but the price is out of line for a simple AHA treatment and also it comes in a jar in addition to having an annoying sticky hairspray like texture/feel on skin. I dropped it once, when I was about 40% done with the product, and because it was so fluid and gel-like, when I picked it up nothing was left inside. I decided to look for a better alternative. not wanting to spend the same money, nor deal with jars and unappealing texture. For me, the Ole Henriksen did help and made my skin look nice in the morning but nothing amazing. The other issue was that it felt uncomfortable and drying, as if someone had sprayed hairspray on your face. Unpleasant to wear overnight. Continued to feel tight even when I woke up before washing.

With the Alpha Hydrox product, even though it is oil-free, it doesn't have that same stickiness like the Henriksen one/some other oil-free AHA product have and I don't feel any uncomfortable dryness or tightening after application. If my skin is really dry on a certain day, I use the Alpha Hydrox Lotion instead of the gel. I bought both of these at Ulta during a sale for about $9-10 each which is a bargain! I have been using it for months, night time only, and still have 75% left over in each bottle.

The best part is when I wake up to go wash my face in the morning, it always feels sooo soft, regardless of which formula I used (gel or lotion). And make up glides on easily. This has helped with post-acne marks and scarring. and blocked pores/"congested" skin. I also use it on sun-damaged areas like my shoulders and near collarbone. It is also great for smoothing out scars not from acne - I have some scarring on my arm from an accident/injury and have been using this over the scars for a few months and it has just faded right out about 85%. When used on my face, I notice whatever serum or treatment/moisturiser I use right after just sinks right in and skin glows! Even though my skin can be sensitive, I have had no problems with this at all. I think my skin reacted before to certain AHA's because I was trying to use "natural" brands which added in tons of different essential oils or fragrance that just caused my skin to flare up and get itchy and gross. I now avoid most EO's in my facial skin care.

I will continue buying this because I love the simple but effective formula without fragrance (yay! so hard to find) and the price is perfect. Leaves skin so nice and soft while fading annoying marks. I have *ZERO* complaints about this product. This sells at Walgreen's for $13-16 and also at Ulta for similiar prices but they have frequent sales.

on 11/4/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product has helped my skin A LOT. Although it's a wrinkle gel, I use it a treatment for blemishes and hyperpigmentation because it has glycolic acid.

I like that it is packaged as a tube because it's more sanitary. However, if you squeeze too hard, A LOT will come out and you only need a quarter size of this product for your face. I also notice that gravity has a way of letting it drip into the cap because it is a very viscous product. I would recommend swabbing the cap first for product because it is usually enough, instead of wasting product by squeezing the tube. There is no weird smell and it dries clear.

As far as lightening my dark marks, I would give it a 4/5. This product dries matte unlike the greasy films of creams (Nadinola, Ambi). I think this has been key to preventing that endless cycle of acne -> dark marks -> acne that a lot of people get stuck on.

As far as a blemish treatment, I notice that the small bumps I used to get under my chin and around my hairline are all gone. I wouldn't recommend it if you have cystic acne, but for people with congested skin, this makes a big difference.

For wrinkles and anti-aging, I haven't noticed much change around my eyelids (my most wrinkly parts). However, this product helps give my skin a glow because it is getting rid of a lot of sun damage and dark marks.

I got this for $11 on Amazon. I think for the price, you have nothing to lose. If you are looking for a daily AHA product, I would start with this gel because it isn't very irritating. I would buy this again because I never realized how congested my skin looked until after this product started making it look better.

on 9/4/2013 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this treatment on and off for probably 3 years if not more. My skin tends to get clogged and even though I use masks every week or so, they don't seem to make a big difference. This treatment, however, does what it says! Even from one time use I feel a difference in the skin's surface texture. I used to pick on my face (I know, it's very bad!) and this helped clear out the scars. Depending on the scars, you do have to use it for a few months to see a significant difference. Glycolic acid is an exfoliant, which means it makes your skin sensitive to sun exposure. It is VERY IMPORTANT to wear sunscreen when using this treatment!
I can't vouch for how it works on wrinkles as it is said to be anti-wrinkle treatment as I don't have lines yet. I used it all throughout my pregnancy as my doctor said it is perfectly safe!!
I use this gel twice a day, with Josie Maran SPF 40 in the day and Boots Botanics lightweight night cream at night. I have also used the brand's body wash and body cream designed for acne prone skin and love them! Overall great product and well worth the money! I buy it at neotericcosmetics.com and they always have some kind of promotions so I save quite a bit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Desperate for something to clear up my hyperpigmentation and acne scars, I ordered this from drugstore.com since it was on sale. Been using it for about 6 weeks or so, and although it didn't really fade my acne scars much, it did make my skin softer and smoother, more even, making my hyperpigmentation lighter and even getting rid of superficial lines around my mouth and forehead. Under my lower lip I have a rough patch of dark skin and its not so severe now, same for my neck that seemed to have had slow cell turnover making it kinda scaly. Now, its so soft. Surprised how small the tube was, but a little bit goes a long way; everyone complains about the product consistency but I like how light it is and how it absorbs without being sticky or tacky or effecting my makeup. Took a lippy off since I don't dig the squeeze tube, a pump would be nice. Otherwise, I will be buying again, I love it :)

on 12/13/2012 2:29:00 AM

I'm so glad I found this product! It works amazing on acne prone skin. This works just as well if not better than my prescription acne meds. It's that good and super gentle. It smooths out my skin, I use this and I alternate with my prescription meds and sometimes my skin looks better after using this. So it's quite the find. I think I paid between $7 or $10 totally worth it for the amount you get. I don't notice any scent. I smear it all over my face with a cotton ball just before bed and sometimes in the morning before I do my makeup. This is probably my favorite beauty product find of 2012. Will absolutely repurchase!

I've been using this product every night for three weeks and seen improvements. I now use this product morning and night. I suffer from adult acne and hyperpigmentation. This product has helped to visibly heal my scars and made my skin more smooth. The packaging sucks in that the product leaks into the cap so most of the time I end up using more product than I need to.

Popular Treatments (Face)