August 27, 2014 | 912 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tinted Lip Conditioner- Close for Comfort

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

Just picked this up at the cosmetics company outlet, mine still has tons of these. This is my favorite tinted lip conditioner so far, I also have gentle coral and petting pink. Close to comfort is a soft toffee peach beige, reminiscent of Mac freckletone but sheerer and glossier- a perfect mlbb honey nude. The tint in the darker TLCs tends to get patchy after a while, but this one stays smooth. While the TLC formula isn't my favorite lip treatment (Fresh wins), as a sexy, glossy tint this deserves five lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I totally agree w the review before mine ! I've too tried every lip tint and chapstick known to me .... Well I have to say that I love this lip tint it's very moisturizing not sticky at all I do own this in this color and petting pink I use this one every day since it's a lil more sheer than petting pink but still love both of them , won't buy again since they come in a big pot , 1 thing I don't like is that I have to dig into the pot to apply and wish it came in stick form ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live and die for lip balms and conditioners.

I have used each and every brand made in the U.S., Europe, the Far East and even homemade stuff.. and they all leave me wanting something

This is another balm -- with some slight color and good for when you want minimal makeup. I use it around the house and have finally thrown out my used up/older Rosebud which broke my nails with the wacko lid. At least this has an easier opening and close package.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Odessey

This product is a peachy coloured brown, and looks really nice layered over a nude lipstick. As I have quite pigmented lips only lightens them a little bit, not as much as the 'feelin' good' shade in this collection. An overall a nice shade to have, but I don't think i'll repurchase if it was on sale again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually just purchased this yesterday & so far I like it. I had the regular swirl up tube one (which I plan to get again) that I used it up in 3 weeks but anyways, this is a a pretty good gloss, its says its tinted but the color doesn't appear on me, however, I don't mind & it smells good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this TLC. This came out in the Warm & Cozy collection in 2009. Sadly, this was the only thing I purchased from that collection. I was really underwhelmed by this particular collection, but went ahead and purchased this because I can always use a TLC. I'm glad I did. This is something I have used constantly since I purchased it.

The color looks like a warm rich peachy-pink beige in the pot, but goes on VERY sheer on my hella pigmented lips. Alone the color washes me out a bit, but I slap a little gloss over it, and I am good to go. Since the color washes out my pigmented lips, I like to use this under some of my lipsticks when I want just a sheer hint of color. It pairs really well with all of the coral-y colors in my collect. This paired with Ravishing is my new favorite lip at the moment. :D

For reference, I'm NW20 in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by nunanx3

I loved this. Perfect color for me, not overly expensive. I was suprised at how well it worked as a lip product. I wish it would be made a permanant product. I'm going to get a back up just in case I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Tonii_M

I love this lip conditioner so much that I had to buy a back up. I find it to be very similiar to MAC's Tempting Tillie TLC which came out a few years ago.

I have both Pink Fish and Poster from the Hello Kitty range and while I love both the colours, I don't think the formula of Pink Fish is up to the standard of other TLCs - no such worry with Close for Comfort - it's very moisturising and feels very light on.

The colour is a warm beige that has an almost caramel look to it - I find that I can build the colour up from sheer to quite a full coverage.

Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lizw217

I bought the Hello Kitty Lip conditioners and liked them. So I thought I would try this one. I love it. I love the color and it really does moisturize my lips. The only bad thing is that I think it needs to be applied via finger, trying to apply this with a lip brush I don't think would do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

I really wanted to love this, but the color payoff is horrible. I expected it to be somewhat sheer, but the this color doesn't show up at all--- it just appears clear on my lips. On the bright side.. it smells divine and I can just chuck this in my purse and apply without a mirror when I am out and about and in a rush. The other color TLC released with the Warm and Cozy collection, Feelin' Good, shows up only slightly better, perhaps because it is lighter and I have quite pigmented lips.