November 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Skincare - Face - Sea Buckthorn Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by OrsonWiggles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product a lot. I've used it for over a year and a half, and keep repurchasing it. I use the berry oil and not the seed oil because I read online that it's more effective. I'm not really sure if that's true or not because I've only used the berry oil. I use it to help with my acne. It seems counter-intuitive to apply oil to your face when you're breaking out- but it really works! I find that the acne is less prominent when I use this product. I used to just apply a couple of drops to the problem areas and then go to sleep. Now, I apply a bandaid on top to protect the skin from rubbing all over my sheets when I'm sleeping.

My only complaint with the oil is that it stains! Apparently the seed oil doesn't, but the berry oil definitely does. My face is literally orange in the morning, and my pillow cases and sheets are a mess. Everything comes out in the wash, so I guess it's all right. For a while I was applying it all over my face, and after several weeks, I started to wonder if it was actually dying my skin orange. In the end I couldn't really tell, but now I just use it as a spot treatment (just in case).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lucilletwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the Sibu brand. Three drops only. I rub it in well, and sleep on white pillowcases. NO STAINING. If you are staining things, you are using too much and/or not massaging it in well enough.

More importantly...I haven't worn foundation or tinted moisturizer for the last few days after using this for the past few weeks. I haven't felt confident without one of those two products for years! My skin tone is so much more even and hydrated. I love this stuff, and the bottle will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by audreydufo

This is an amazing product! I have tried so many oils (coconut, jojoba, argan, avocado, rosehip, olive, tamanu...) creams, treatments (AHAs, Retine-a, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide...), tools (Clarisonic, konjac sponge, brushes...) and cleansers in the aim of reducing my very mild but stubborn acne, and I think Sibu's sea buckthorn oil might be the answer to my problem! I've been using it for two weeks now, which is a short period of time (you should always wait at least a month before reviewing a product) but I've already seen dramatic changes that I am just to excited to share to the world to wait any longer! First of all, I am 20 years old and have been taking care of my skin since I was about 12 or 13... So, I know a thing or two about skincare and have tried lots and lots of different products and brands over the years (Caudalie, Dr Hauschka, Andalou Naturals, Cetaphil, Dr Renaud, Nuxe, Avene, La Roche Posay, Vichy, Zorah, Bioderma, Spectro, Nivea, Michael Todd, Kimberly Sayer, Thayers, Weleda, Exodeus, name them...), and I don't think I have EVER experienced something like that! With ONE use, my skin was supple, hydrated, calmed and incredibly glowy. I'm in love. I put about four-five drops on my face and neck every night before I go to sleep, and when I wake up my face is just always looking better. My pimples seem to be healing and going away much faster (I am also using Benzagel - a benzoyl peroxide based product - which helps a lot too), I haven't had any new breakoust and the small scars I have are fading while my skin's texture and brightness are dramatically improving (it's softer, clearer, well balanced... it's amazing). And for 16$/10 ml at Whole Foods... Let's just say that I'm used to spend much more money for less impressive results. Try it. Now. And if you happen to speak french and want to know more about how to take care of your skin, I have a Youtube channel that you can subscribe to! ;) https://www.youtube.com/user/adnbeauty

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by freakgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So glad I read these reviews and gave sea buckthorn oil a try... I've been using it for a couple of weeks -- patting it on my face after cleansing at night -- and I LOVE it. It immediately calms my skin and I wake up with completely comfortable, supple skin... And this is from someone who has uber-sensitive skin -- dehydrated, with rosacea... It completely brought it back into balance. I also feel that my red spots are a little less obvious since I started using it...

The only downside is the smell... At first, I would mix it with an Aveda balancing oil to give it a better smell but now I'm okay with it... It absorbs nicely and I still use my Sukin on my neck and décolletage and that has such a gorgeous smell that I barely notice anymore...

It's a little pricey but you don't use that much and it's well worth it. And the packaging (with a dropper) is very clean. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by georgiap1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only been using this for 5 days, but I feel like I can definitley tell a difference whereas with other problems I haven't! I suffer from reaaaally red cheeks and a rudolf nose and went on the search for products which would calm them down. Tried the anti-redness clinique line but I saw no difference. With this though, I've been applying it once a day in the evening and it doesn't irritate my skin, makes it smooth and I'm 99% sure my redness is fading, even if it's just a little, after 5 days it's definitely done something good! My only criticism is that it isn't thick enough for my dry skin to be a moisturiser, so I have to apply this under my normal moisturiser. Other than that I will continue use and hopefully watch the redness fade even more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by GrayDays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I starting having redness on my face about 3 years ago (at 37) and have extremely dry skin, clear with no breakouts though. After researching rosacia, excema, and other things that may cause redness, I found great reviews online for Seabuckthorn oil, so I purchased it at Vitamin Shoppe. I love this oil. I've been using various oils on my face as moisturizer for years (Agron, jojoba, rose) so this was perfect. It's an orangey/yellow color, kind of thick and the smell simply must "grow" on you. It absorbs into the face within a few minutes and doesn't leave a color. It offers a nice glow after applying, and not a greasy look. I have never had it stain my white sheets/pillow when I use it before bed.
I have been using it for a little over a year now (still using other oils too) and I love it. I am on my 4th bottle. When I see it on sale I will buy more than 1. It's typically about $14 or so. I will continue to use the Sibu brand. I wish it came in a larger size though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok I bought Life-flo oil and there is no spot for it, but it's just pure Sea Buckthorn so I'll share my experience with it here.

I use a hair conditioning mask with it in there as a main ingredient and it's fantastic. I heard it would be great for skin and I'm sort of a combination/sensitive and get break outs, so with all the products I use to clear the breakouts, I can get sort of dry. So I heard this might help keep me soft and prevent wrinkles. Well I really want to love it, and while it moisturizes wonderfully, I don't think it works on my skin. I got bumpy and clogged and caused a lot of grief for me. So as much as I want to love it for my skin I just can't. I will possibly try again waaaayyy farther from now or just use it in a hair oil mask or possibly for hands in the winter. It's very expensive even though I got a good deal, and sad to see it doesn't work for me. Everyone is different but I wanted to throw it out there that it could potentially cause problems.

Update: I think I jumped the gun last time. I was using a lot of other products in the past and tried it again as a moisturizer after using only a cleanser that I think works...its hard to know for sure. I also get bumps everywhere and I can't even be sure what causes what anymore. But I do feel this does moisturize and the color disappears. It feels good on my skin and then I noticed it heals skin faster than lavender oil. But this is moisturizing, where lavender is a little astringent, so this is super helpful with dry skin. I just wanted to say that I did try again without other things and I was MUCH happier with the result. The only problems are that my husband hates the smell, worse than sulfur, but this doesn't bother me. And that at first, when you put it on other than looking orange, it kind of accentuates the redness and bumps and so I'm very temped to pick at them but trying hard not to. Once it sinks in/over night, it's not like that at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I really want to love this oil. But the idea of staining everything that comes into contact with me just puts me off.

I already have very good results with argan oil (and hopefully to add jojoba into my list of good oil). So I am giving this a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

so I am writing this for my mom and the improvments of what I saw in her skin when she was applying it (the brand she is using is "new roots"- sea buckthorn seed oil organic)
she has oily acne prone skin.
cons about this product:
-the smell isn't pleasant, but not nauseating(has a raw organic seed smell)
-can be pricey depending on wear you buy it(but way cheaper then a serum)
-can be a little messy
pros:
-strengthens cells
-protect against uv rays and radial damage
- fast absorbing
IMPROMENTS IN HER SKIN:
-became less oily
-blemishes decreased
-her skin became more radiant, and silky
-some wrinkles improved

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am currently using the Sibu brand of seabuckthorn seed oil. the fruit is actually better but it's hard to find locally. This still heals skin really well and fast. I absolutely love adding this to rose hip oil and oregano oil for PD outbreaks. It absorbs into my skin really well and brings balance to combo skin overnight. It's not really that oily for an oil. It makes a wonderful under eye moisturizer. I hate heavy creams as they tend to make me breakout and have very sensitive skin that reacts to products. This is now my nighttime moisturizer and I could not be any happier. I've used it both in a essential oil mix and by itself. It smells kind of like fresh cut bamboo. It's not the best smell but it is very tolerable. It makes my skin so soft and smooth and no zits. It heals compromised skin very quickly and is recommended for those with thin skin, Rosacea, acne, Perioral dermatitis and eczema. It definitely helps calm my skin during a PD outbreak which I am going through right now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No