April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by booboondoll

Use this every night! Along with my murad acne complex. Without it i dont koiw what'd i do! I make a paste of water with this and smear it all over my face and wake up with wrinkleless clear soft skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Rahine

Looooove turmeric! Makes my skin feel soft and gets rid of redness because of its anti inflammatory properties. I usually put about a tsp of turmeric to a tablespoon of honey (manuka) and a dash of cinnamon. I keep this mask on as long as I can. Anywhere from 30 min to a couple hours. If you are pale like me and the tint it leaves behind looks way to yellow, one pump of plain baby wash takes it right off. Baby wash is the only cleanser I've used that completely takes the yellow off. It's super gentle and you don't have to scrub your face off. I try to do this mask at least a couple times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by aimage

I've been hearing about turmeric for a while but I never tried it out myself. I never really thought my skin was dry but I do get dry patches a lot. I just made myself a mask out of turmeric, honey, a few drops of lemon, and a bit of water to thin out the mixture. I'm really surprised how soft my face feels after using this. My skin usually doesn't react much to products or anything for the matter. It doesn't get worse or better. It kind of just says the same, which is frustrating but after using this only once my skin has never felt so soft...its feels like baby skin. No exaggeration either, I will edit my post about how I feel the more I use turmeric. So far I am amazed by the results. A bag of turmeric was around $2. So cheap yet way more effective compared to anything I have ever used. So worth going a try, you never know if it might do wonders to your skin too.

No one mentions how unpleasant the smell is though. I have never used turmeric as a spice so I didn't know what to expect. This stuff does stain so try not getting it on clothes or anything like that. I was extra careful when I was applying it because of reading the reviews I didn't want to stain anything. I even rinsed off my face very carefully to not have it splash on my clothes. That is something to look out for. My bowls stained afterward but I'm not sure that can we solved with some bleach. After washing the mask off though my face even stained. I got it off with slowly rubbing it off with a towel. I wouldn't recommend that though because it even stained my towel. I'm not sure if it wil come out but make sure you do not use any white towel. I'm sure there are better methods but that is what I did. It evenually came all off by doing that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found turmeric to be a pretty good post-zit treatment for brightening the complexion and preventing/lightening those annoying marks that pimples can leave behind. I mix a tiny, tiny pinch with plain yogurt and honey, then carefully apply the mixture to my face and leave on for about 30 minutes, sometimes longer. My skin feels soft and looks brighter afterward. Several treatments will greatly lighten acne marks (try turmeric as soon as possible--older marks are going to be harder to shift). This mask has been an effective and non-toxic alternative to hydroquinone for me.

Here's a tip for removing the yellow stain, which can be stubborn. Apply plain yogurt and keep it on until you notice that the yogurt assumes a pale yellowish tinge--it's lifting the turmeric stain (the yogurt will probably be dry by then). Then just wash the yogurt off your face and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Camz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it really works!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by MES

I have sensitive eczema prone skin, but also get the occasional breakout. Most commercial acne treatments are too harsh and irritate my skin. Recently I got hit with acne and eczema at the same time and thought there was no way to treat both. I made a mask with turmeric, honey, and olive oil which I applied to a clean face. I allowed the mask to sit on my skin for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. I didn't notice any immediate benefits, but when I woke up the next day I was very impressed. My skin was so radiant, the dry flake-y patches were completely gone. There was a definite reduction in the size and redness of my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ziastarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

So it looks like all my usual chemical-filled acne products are gonna be shoved to the back of the cupboard.

I've had skin problems for about 5 years. It's not crazy cystic acne or anything, but just bumpy, uneven skin, lifeless, dull; usually with the here-and-there zit. It's just been in this skin purgatory for a couple years. I've tried over-the-counter and department store skin regimes, but nothing really worked.

Recently I've been trying to make more natural and eco-conscious choices, and heard about turmeric as a face mask. Now, I'm a skeptic, and most of the girls I saw raving about it already had (compared to mine) pretty good skin. I didn't think it would do much, and tried it out for the heck of it. I had a jar of turmeric in my kitchen cupboard, and mixed it up and slapped it on my face. I didn't see an immediate change when I washed it off, and thought it was a waste of time. But I woke up the next morning and I swear, my skin seemed a little brighter. I thought it might be my imagination, and tried another mask. A week later, I've been putting on masks 1-2 times a day and OH MY GOODNESS. I honestly can't believe my skin. You know all those annoying little tiny bumps that aren't red or inflamed but sit there and make your makeup look disgusting? Yes, they are almost ALL. GONE. Turmeric does kind of 'pull' impurities/cystic zits to the surface, but that's actually a good thing, and my skin is getting ~so~ smooth. As in, it hasn't been this smooth since I was in middle school. It's the best thing ever, seriously, ever, I have tried, and probably the cheapest.

My recipe:
1 teaspoon rice flour (chickpea apparently works too)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1~2 teaspoon milk
squirt of glycerin, or if my skin is dry, apricot-kernel oil. (a-k oil is what I have on hand, EVOO is okay too)
{I leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes}

Okay, one small warning. I have a bit of a yellow/olive cast to my skin already, but it does kind of put a yellow tint for a few hours. I imagine if your skin is fair and pink toned, it will somewhat stain yellow. Now, you can try to alleviate that by mixing in more rice/chickpea flour, I've heard honey helps too. Personally, I think it's still totally worth it, as the yellow tinted skin is only temporary and the benefits completely amazing. My skin is literally glowing.

In a nutshell, turmeric is cheap. Even if you don't think it'll work, try it. You may be surprised at the results.
~*~UPDATE~*~
After rinsing off the mask and when my face is still wet, I swipe my face with a damp washcloth, and that takes off all the yellow residue. No need to scrub away, it'll come off pretty well with just a gentle circular motion. No more yellow face! :) (oh use a cloth you don't mind stained)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I am already enjoying multani mitti clay masks 3 times a week I decided to add some turmeric to the concoction. Warning - dont answer the door to the postman wearing this mask!! He nearly ran for it! According to Ayurvedic medicine its a wonder herb and it seems that the western world is now starting to be aware of its many marvellous properties. First please patch test the turmeric mask mix out on the inside of your wrist because there are folk out there who are allergic to this very potent herb. My glowing skin seems to be responding really well to my colourful mask so I will stick with it. I used to get the occasional spot at that certain time of the month but that doesnt happen any more. Yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Daya1257

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have terrible acne and have been trying to get rid of it using natural methods, as all the chemical based products have done nothing but caused even worse breakouts. Reading about tumeric, I had decided to try a mask on my face. Applying it twice over two days, my face began on yet another one of its breakout sprees, and so I stopped. But what I didn't know, is that you can't use the tumeric used for cooking purposes, on your face. It contains added impurities and whatnot.
What you'd want to go for, is pure tumeric. Or rather, shops also sell tumeric for facial purposes. I haven't tried this as of yet, I hardly have any spare time. But I definitely will.
This post is just to send a message out there that there are two types of tumeric powder, for cooking and another for your face. So don't pick the wrong one, you'll breakout otherwise! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

Tried this several times. 1st I made a paste out of turmeric & water. Applied it to my zits & clogged pores & left it on overnite. It didn't dry out my skin. It made my pores look better, & shrunk my zits a little, but stained my face, bedding & pajamas.

Then I made the mask with yogurt, honey and turmeric and left it on for 10 min. My skin was stained orange. I suppose it had a little glow, but it wasn't worth the mess for me.