October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Pure Active

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by TakiH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this out of desperation purely because I always struggle to find a suitable cream for my combination skin and a foundation for my olive skin tone. I decided to try the medium shade and what a pleasant surprise I got!
Not only does my skin feel hydrated now but there is also no shine as this is rather matifying. My pores are visibly smaller, my occasional breakouts are less severe and on top of that, it also covers fine lines and spots.
I have religiously been using MAC and Smashbox foundations as I found they were as close to perfect as I would get but I was still not entirely happy with the outcome. Pure Active is now my go to for both creams and concealers. Medium is a little on the dark side for winter skin but I quickly figured I could mix a little bit of my old Yardley illuminator with it and what I was left with is a perfect complexion.
Taking photos with a severe flash is also a breeze as somehow this BB cream does not show up white and I would go as far as to say that it looks airbrushed!
My skin feels soft and silky smooth and I am simply over the moon with this product. I would highly reccomend this to anyone and I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great new moisturizer. I am going to use this ongoing. I have absolutely no problems with this moisturizer. I use it if my skin needs reviving or as a spot moisturizer on my problem acne prone areas. This is cheaper than Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer, so I will always be buying this one, unless the other is on sale. They both perform about the same task..And to tell you the truth the Garnier, is a cuter packaging...I think I like it better than Aveeno too. It doesn't leave a film like Aveeno did every now and then. This product reminds me of Clinique turnaround lotion, only I like this better and it is also more affordable. I love Garniers packaging. I think Garnier makes the best overall face moisturizers on the market (not-anti-aging moisturizers but regular moisturizers) ...well maybe second to strivectin or tied atleast..

this is my hg summer salicilic acid mosturizer because it does not leave skin greasy..use it along with a gel spot treatment with salicilic acid as well

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product. No wow but no boo about it. It keeps skin mildly moisturized and does not give me additional breakouts but does not help to clear up existing ones either. 24hr spot fighting...I dont feel its working to fight any spots. It smells of cucumber. I only like the packaging. Off to find another moisturizer for my oily pimple-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I have tried loads of moisturisers for my oily, spot prone skin and this one seems to help. I noticed redness on my face seems to be toned down after I apply and it keeps my skin matte for about 4-5 hours. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my skin is great apart from breakouts on both my cheeks, which I got before I brought this product. However I will continue to use it for another couple of weeks as that what it says on the product and hopefully my skin should be clearing up. I'd recommend for oily and acne prone people, just like me but remember give the product time to work!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a 24 hour spot fighting moisturizer. Maybe itís because I donít use the whole range of products of this pureactive selection, but this spot fighting stuff is not working for me at all. No changes on my skin are visible since I started to use this cream. I could place before and after pictures, and the spots on my skin come and go as they please. It does not seem to prevent my breakouts, and when pimples come to scene, they donít even seem to dry any faster.
Another thing that I dislike about this product is that makes my skin oily.
Two good things about this product: The price is quite good, and the pump (but you get too much product whith it).
Wonít repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure Active range by Garnier has been a real surprise for me! I've always reached out for high-end products that have proved to be not even half as good as Pure Active products.
I was hesitating a bit whether to buy or not the moisturiser as i thought it wouldn't be good enough for my combination skin. I eventually gave in (since i was already a sucker for the blackhead scrub and the lotion from the same range) and i am more than happy i did. During the first two weeks of using it, i saw absolutely no improvement... Actually, i was breaking out more than usual. I was really frustrated but decided to give it some extra time-no product can turn nightmare skin to dream skin in 14 days AND actually be able to keep your skin that way in the long term.
It proved out to work great, it keeps my T-zone matte for about 5 hours and the drier part of my face, perfectly hydrated. I used to see new white heads every morning i woke up but now i get like one or two a month!
Has gel-cream texture and leaves skin feeling soft, supple, radiant and refreshed.
I also like that the bottle comes with a pump cause it's really sanitary but my only problem is that you get no warning when it's about to run out. You keep getting the usual ammount and next time you use it it's like *press press* and nothing! That's why i always have a spare *winks*.
I find the smell a bit annoying for my taste: i wouldn't call the scent "cucumber-y" like i read in previous reviews... I find that all products with high concentration in salicylic acid have identical scent. Can't really describe it but it's sharp, over-powering and chemical-y.
Overall, i love Pure Active moisturiser and as i mentioned in the begining all the high-end moisturisers for acne-prone and/or oily skins i have tried so far aren't even half as good as this one. So before you decide to buy another 50+ euro product, spend 9Euro instead and try this one. Give it 2-3 weeks to work and it might transform your skin too as it did to mine :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by shigawire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The back of the bottle says this is a 24hour moisturizer that can prevent acne breakouts. The product is part of Garnier's new range of acne treatments and is supposed to be used in conjunction with the face wash, tonic and roll-on spot treatment. Price-wise, it's not too terrible.

I bought this product without the rest of the range, seduced as I was by the brand name and the high content of salicylic acid. It does have a strong cucumber scent some might dislike but I found quite refreshing and its texture is pleasant on the skin. It moisturizes well and keeps skin from flaking.

I have used the product for about ten days now with mixed results. While my skin is soft and hydrated, it is also oily and acne seems to have accentuated in the short time I've used the product. I'm not getting a lot of cysts and white heads which was not the case before I started using the product. Even worse, existing acne continues to go strong without sign of abating under any effect of the cream.

Unfortunately, the moisturizer just doesn't seem to do what it proposes to and there are better - and cheaper - hydrating creams out there.