September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Utterly Discrete

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

This definately lives up to its name, it doesn't look like anything special in the tube, in fact I thought it looked slightly ikky - a puse, mauvey colour with a bit of shimmer. On my lips with nothing on underneath it gives a pretty look, but paired with an equally unispiring looking lipstick Intricate it just does something so subtely sensational I had to keep looking at my lips!!
I have a few lipglasses, but this is my favourite. It doesn't feel too sticky, I can't feel any shimmer and it stays put for ages.
I LOVE this, definately worth a try - and not on the back of your hand because that just doesn't do it justice at all, you must try it on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by kittyfi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

utterly discrete did nothing for me any of the photos or swatch photos i saw, but when i swatched it at the counter i fell in love instantly!

this is a subtle, beautiful, mauve/taupe/pinky-lavender gloss with sparkle that makes it look multi-dimensional rather than glittery. i am NC 20-25 with pigmented lips and this is an understated but beautiful MLLB shade.

i generally prefer bold, bright, or dark lip colors but am always on the look out for neutrals that aren't look too pale, milky, or flat looking, and utterly discrete definitely fits the bill. i unhesitatingly recommend it. so pretty for winter, too ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked up the tester kind of absentmindedly while browsing the MAC offerings earlier today. It looked pretty boring in the tube, but I tried it on- and WOW. It transformed my lips from dry, funky little slugs to pouty, glossy, sexy slugs. It's the subtlest Lipglass I've ever owned, but somehow it just looks so good on me. It's definitely a MLBB shade, kind of a nudey-mauve that just makes your lips look really plump & healthy. Which is great for sufferers of chronic chapping, like myself. It's actually pretty pigmented, but just very similar to my own lip color. I've been looking for a gloss just like this- subtle enough to put on without a mirror but pigmented enough to even out my craptastic lips & make them actually look nice. The name of this gloss is VERY apt.

I feel that this may be LE though, so I plan to stock up. I will definitely be trying this over Fluid, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

Have you ever ordered a product from MAC, got all excited about it while you were waiting for the order, opened the box with enthusiasm thinking you're going to see something innovatively new that you've NEVER seen before and be thrilled by it, only to think to yourself - I could have ~sworn~ I've seen this ~same color~ before somewhere.. LoL. Well, that was kind of my experience with Utterly Discrete. This looks like a neutral slightly purplish pink (mauve maybe)? ~shrug~ It really didn't look like anything special in the tube, and even reminded me of another color MAC carried a couple years back that was horrendous on me. I thought and thought, and couldn't remember the name of it. But THEN it finally hit me - that awful pink/purply, greyed-down mess which went by the name of 'Cavalier' Ugh! But then, in fairness, I went ahead and gave Utterly Discrete a try on, and thought -well, this does look a lot better. It has a brown base instead of grey (thank goodness), so it looked much more natural on me. Has great potential for giving either a hint of color on bare lips, or can transform into a kick-ass neutral plum with the right liner or lipstick under it. Wore it today and kind of liked it - even if it did remind me for a split second of a color that was nightmarish for my lips. LoL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipgloss. It is a frosty mauvey-plum color that looks great paired with MAC Fluid lipstick. If you like Icon lipstick this would work well paired with it. I may pick up a back up since this gives me a natural lip look. Great for NC 43 skin tones and pigmented lips.