MAC Ramblas Red

on 3/11/2012 4:54:00 PM

This is my go-to evening red when I want to vamp it up. It's bright and vibrant, but a tad deeper and less matte than the more 'pin up' reds like Russian Red, Ruby Woo etc. I wear the pin up reds with a neural eye and winged liner, whereas Ramblas Red looks great with a smoky eye also, and a sweep of clear gloss over this is stunning. I'm a NW20 with almost black hair & green eyes, I'd recommend this to all girls with similar coloring.

on 9/24/2011 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am a bit of a MAC junkie when it comes to red lipsticks! I have just bought this one, but also had Russian Red, Viva Glam 1, and Cockney. Of them all, I think this is my favourite. It's not matte, it has a bit of gloss to it so it's not super-drying like Russian Red. It has a really nice creamy texture, which unlike the 'lustre' range (Cockney is one of them) still has a really rich colour and sheen, but still has good staying power. The actual colour is a vibrant, blue-red which whitens teeth and although is bright, is not too overpowering for everyday wear.
Overall, I am really please with my purchase and would buy again. The only thing that puts me off is the price, but for the perfect red I am willing to sacrifice some pennies!

on 1/2/2010 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A rich, clear cool red similar to MAC's long discontinued Glam (not to be confused with the Viva Glams). Glam was matte, whereas this is an amplified creme. A pretty colour and long lasting. I bought a spare of this while on holiday in Sweden recently - While this was LE in most parts of the world it seems to be permanently available in Europe as do some of the other Euristocrats shades.

on 12/27/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a Christmas present and I could not believe it had not been reviewed before, as it’s been around for a while (it was released s part of the Euristocrats collection in Summer 08).
The MAC website describes this shade as a “clear blue red” and whilst this is undoubtedly a cool shade, for me this is a perfect cross between wine and berry. and the perfect alternative to straight red, pink and wine shades.
It does not clash with my NC20 colouring and it would look lovely on cool toned girls. The formula is Amplified, which is creamy, with good staying power. Would buy again.

Popular Lipsticks