September 21, 2014 | 2102 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Pangea Organics - Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, a decent eye cream. It's a "natural," white-colored, thick lotion with a nice fluffy feel. However, after having used the whole tube, I can't say it moisturized that well. It's very expensive and I don't think it's worth the price. The skin around my eyes isn't any more plump or smooth than before. I don't expect miracles, but some results would've been nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by JLomas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the fresh feel and how it goes on - a little goes a long way to feeling moisturized and it sinks in quickly. I haven't yet noticed any line softening, but have only been using it for about a week. I find the smell soothing, though each Pangea product definitely has it's own scent and they are very distinct smells - much different than most products, either you like them or not (and I certainly don't all Pangea products - some smell truly gross to me!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aimela

This smelled awful, a little like baby's puke. Did not provide much moisture either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the turkish rose eye cre in sample size from a starter pack. I do love this product, it is very creamy, moisturing and absorbs fast. It won't leave any greasiness and I feel like it did help lighten my dark circle to some extent,since it's just asample size product that it's not enough time to really tell the difference. I would like to buy the full size product but I currently can't find it in Australia.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Plumblossomfairy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

At 40+, I hve some fine lines under my eyes that I would like to minimize. I used a sample of this last spring and thought it was making a difference so I splurged on the full-size product.
Turned out to be rather disappointing. I used it faithfully 1 or 2x daily for 3+ months and noticed no difference in my lines. In my opinion not worth the price. On the pro side, you only need very little at a time and so the tiny tube still lasts a long time.
I'm moving on to products with proven ingredients at effective concentrations like those available from cellbone and Devita.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ek243

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product from a recent Sephora purchase, and brought this to use on a recent trip. The product seemed normal in appearance and texture (no weird smell or color) - but within about a minute of applying this to my eye area, I experienced an extremely severe burning sensation, which was very painful, as if I had put hot acid on my skin. I normally apply eye creams under my eyes as well as on the outer corners and a little on the lid itself, and have never (out of the probably 20+ different eye creams I have used) experienced any kind of reaction like this - I have never experienced a reaction like this from any type of skincare or makeup product, period. Once I felt the burning, I looked in the mirror and noticed tons of tiny little clear bubbles appearing under my skin, in the exact place where I had tapped in the product. I immediately washed my face thoroughly, but the damage was done. The reaction was actually a lot worse than the pictures show - the tiny under-the-skin bubbles (blisters?) lasted for about 4 to 5 days, during which they were constantly burning, sensitive, and itchy - I couldn't sleep at night because I felt the skin around my eyes were on fire. After the 4 to 5 days, the bubbles turned from clear to bright red, as the pictures show (the poor quality of the picture - taken at night, with flash - makes the reaction look a lot more benign than it was). At that point the burning lessened, and the feeling of irritation subsided, but physically the red marks were quite bright and obvious, and frankly I looked like a monster. It is now over 10 days since the initial application, and the red dots all around where I applied the product have still not disappeared - the bumpiness has gone down, but where the bubbles were are still very bright red, and the skin itself has turned extremely dry and uncomfortable.

As I mentioned, I have NEVER had any type of severe reaction like this to any eye cream, skincare, or makeup product. This makes me conclude that either 1) I am allergic to some ingredient that is unique to this product and not used by many other brands, or 2) the sample packet that Sephora sent me had expired. If it is #1, I urge everyone to first do a patch test of any eye cream on your hand or neck, somewhere that is not so sensitive - this is what I should have done, but didn't do because I've never had a bad reaction to a skincare product in my life. If it is #2, either the manufacturer (Pangea Organics) or Sephora (as a market participant) should place an adequate warning of an expiration date on any sample packets they distribute to consumers, if there is any chance at all that the product could turn so hazardous.

However, I'm not convinced that my reaction was due to expiration of the product - because the product looked normal (no weird texture), and there was no odd smell at all. If it is indeed the case that there is some ingredient in this product that is capable of causing such a severe (and so far, long-lasting) reaction to the sensitive skin around the eyes, even if the chance of that occurring is limited to a small minority of consumers, the manufacturer (Pangea Organics) should have provided an adequate warning before distributing to the mass market a product that could be potentially quite dangerous.

I see that other consumers have had positive experiences with this product - so I am certainly not saying that this could happen to most people. But since it did happen to me, I wanted to warn my fellow consumers to at least do a patch test away from the eye area, or else this could happen to you too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LoveRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great at moisturizing around the eye and brightens dark circles. Another positive is that you need very little product. To date, it is the best eye cream I have used. However, it is very expensive. I will continue to use it while trying samples of other products periodically to see if a cheaper cream works as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by roseb202

On its own, this product doesn't work too great. It doesn't feel like it really gets absorbed. However, when I layer it on top of the Pangea balancing oil, it sinks in so well and gets rid of my dark circles and lines SO MUCH! The only caveat is that I start to get small pimples sometimes around my eyes-- I was not cool about that, so I am on the look out for something that can give the same awesome effect, without causing pimples. I also like that Pangea products are all natural, but they seriously need to consider at least adding some kind of natural preservative besides Vitamin E.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Way too expensive! $55 for a tiny tube. This eye cream was nice but in no way any better than a Clinique eye cream which is half the price and you get twice as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wish there were an option to say that you are unsure if you would buy this product again. After reading the reviews on the Sephora website, I decided to give this a try. First, the tube in tiny- almost sample sized! But, it comeswith a hefty price tag. You do only need a little bit to get the job done and it blends nicely for me.I really love the consistency--not too thin but not too thick. I use it in the mornings only-- under my makeup.
While the cream feels good going on and it has lots of "good" stuff in it, I cannot really say that it does anything remarkable. My undereye area does stay hydrated all day but I don't have lots of wrinkles to say whether the appearance of fine lines would be reduced.
Bottom line- it's a good eyecream--just unsure if it's worth the money.