Cover Girl Shineblast

2.2

on 6/2/2014 11:16:00 PM

I liked it as a gloss, adds a nice sheen to the lips however doesn't have very much colour, or lasting power.

on 2/17/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the clear gloss and it goes on nicely on top of a lipstick or another lipgloss. It's glossy and lasts about an hour. If it were cheaper I would repurchase but I don't think it's worth the price.

on 12/22/2012 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff stinks. Its so cheap looking and feels even cheaper. Its so sticky and no color pay off whatsoever

on 3/25/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited to pick a few of these up until Walgreens was nearly throwing them away, the price was so low. At less than $2 they were being clearanced out so I rummaged through the few left. I found a pretty looking gloss called Ablaze and another I can't remember. I could barely wait until I got home to try them. When I did, i was equally disappointed. No color payoff, they both looked the same on the lips but different in the tube. Ablaze looked so pretty like a warm flame, but no color payoff at all was noticeable. But, the smell was what made me return them. An awfully strong watermelon smell invaded my every breath. I can't remember if they tasted bad, but the smell drove me nuts and nearly made me sick to my stomach. First time ever a gloss did that to me. These glosses deserve less than one star.

on 3/8/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this lipgloss is just horrible, the texture is greasy, looks shiny and glossy for like 2 minutes, after that it's gone.
Isn't that cheap either, theres alot of cheaper drugstore lipgloss's that are ten times better then this. dont buy!

on 2/26/2012 4:09:00 AM

*sigh* While I like the CG line for the most part, I've come to never expect greatness from their lip glosses, and this one is no exception.

I got one of these in a generic pink shade on clearance at Target for about $2, and even at that price I feel it wasn't worth it. The consistency of this gloss is absolutely gross- it feels like slime. No joke. Mucousy, in fact. Every CG lipgloss I've ever bought has been thin & slimy, with the same oily, suffocating texture. I've gotten glosses from the DOLLAR STORE that are better!

I'll probably give this to my little sister to play with, cause I have no use for it. ZERO color payoff, barely anything in the tube, it wears off within minutes, and I really don't like the NAIR-like scent of it. I seriously pity anyone who paid full price for any of these.

on 2/11/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too picked up a couple of these on clearance at my drugstore. I got the clear and 880 (why is there no color name listed on it? dumb) which is pretty much a straight up orange shimmer.
I like the consistency, taste, and color all right. The orange one goes on very sheer but puts a nice shimmer on my lips. I can use either one of these without a mirror. The lasting power isn't super long at all, but I know that's the case with most glosses so it's not like I am disappointed. I do like that when it wears off (and I've said this in other reviews about lip products--how it wears off is my main concern; I hate if it feathers or makes my lips flaky or runs or leaves a ring around my mouth) it does so naturally. I have had no issues with it drying out my lips.
My big complaint is the packaging. I don't know if they overfilled the tube or what, but after a few uses the product starts seeping out after it's closed, making a sticky mess. I don't pump my lipglosses or anything either. Every few days I have to take a tissue and clean off the applicator wand and the top of the tube. Which wastes product and is an all around hassle.
So all in all, these are okay for the two bucks I paid for each of them. Definitely wouldn't repurchase at full price.

on 1/3/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i also bought this on clearance at the drug store. i got the color 'ablaze' which is a peachy gold color. overall i like the consistency and the color isn't super notice but i do like the hint of shimmer it has. the smell is pretty awesome and for some reason i'm really digging the applicator. i like how it's kind of flat on the one side. it goes on smooth and feels nice, but i would never, EVER pay 10 dollars for cover girl lip gloss. or anything by cover girl for that matter. if you are going to spend that much you might as well spend the couple more bucks and go for a high end brand that has good pay off and lasting ability.
conclusion:
worth 2 bucks.. but that's about.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this today while going crazy at Walgreens. They had so many makeup items discounted! I bought this lipgloss for 2 dollars! Yaaa! Originally, I noticed this gloss was closer to 10.....way too expensive for 10, but just right for 2 :). I had a lip gloss I loved by Rimmel and couldn't find it at my local drugstores. I bought #880 Fire because it looked similar to the color and to the consistancy. It's sheer and sparkly. Smells amazing too, like watermelon. I really like this for keeping my lips moist and for a hint of shine and sparkle. This will be great for summer when I go to the beach and don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup.

on 11/19/2011 10:07:00 AM

This is the WORST gloss ever! I bought 2 of them at CVS with a $3 coupon and BOGO50%. First of all, the regular price is $11.99 each, which is ridiculously high, especially for the little bit in each tube. Secondly, there is no color payoff. I bought them to wear alone and it doesn't work for me. I don't find them to be very shiny at all. I'm returning them to CVS today and I never return cosmetics.

Popular Lip Glosses