July 22, 2014 | 2075 users online

Mascara - Cargo - Lash Activator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonstickbella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

hummmm... But this product because I was using false eyelashes and didn't realize I was ripping out my own eyelashes when I would remove the false. Desperate I made this purchase on eBay. Price was fair at maybe $10. Said it retails for around $30. Used religiously for about a month and I swear my lashes do seem a little longer. Not necessarily thicker. Of course that could just be very close but either way a month to regrow eyelashes seems pretty fast compared to what I read. who knows. It was worth the chance. no regret s. not sure if would repurchase. I guess when I run out of this if my lashes seem too shorten up, then I have my answer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Prilbot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this mascara on a whim, it originally retailed at around the 20 but as it was discontinued from lots of retailers a few sellers on eBay selling for approx 4-5 inclusive of postage.

I have very fine hair so thought anything under the 10 mark which helps eyelash growth or prevents falling out was worth a shot.

The mascara is brilliant after the initial sloppiness after any new mascara is bought.

The coverage is really slick and even, it feels oil based, comes out really glossy and separates each lash from the root.

In regards to "activating"' lashes I wouldn't say I have noticed a huge difference however the condition of my lashes overall is much better, they aren't dry or brittle after make up has been removed.

My one issue with this product is that it can drop a bit, as previously mentioned it feels more oil than water based it doesn't flake it smears. It doesn't happen all the time but it is worth checking up on of wanting wear over say 8 hours.

Love this product and have already purchased a spare, I think the initial price of approx 20 is steep but at 5 discounted it is an absolute steal as it isn't like the usual drugstore masacaras which dry out and become flaky. The pigment is a really rich black and not dark grey and the formula stays kind of bendy and doesn't crack off.

Wonderful will be trying their primers and triple action products next

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by arlenerubio27

I purchased this in the 7 in 7 palette and really enjoyed the way my eyelashes looked throughout the day. I don't like clumpy lashes and this mascara lifted and separated my lashes. I got this in black and the brush was curved so it helped to make them look longer and my eyes bigger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm giving this mascara four stars as I'm still road testing it, but so far so good. I remember trying out Cargo's original mascara when the line first came out and I didn't like it at all. The formulas was too wet and the brush was too big to handle.
The Lash Activator mascara is a huge improvement with its more manageable brush and creamier formula. It does have the rubber bristles but the teeth are wider compared to the others on the market.
The mascara goes on quickly and effortlessly while giving me great volume and length. It can be a bit clumpy if you're not careful but I do like more dramatic lashes so I'm willing to deal with this. (keep an eyelash comb handy)
Best of all, it keeps the curl in my lashes. Impressive!
It lasts all day without any flaking although there can be a wee bit of smudging at the end of a very long day but hardly noticeable.

The price is less expensive than the other high end mascaras at $24 CAD and about twice the price of the drugstore mascaras, although drugstore prices keep increasing.

I'm very picky with mascaras and this one meets my requirements so far.
If the performance is still up to par within a few months time, I'll upgrade the review to five lipsticks but so far, it's a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pleasantly surprised by this mascara! It feels very nourishing to my lashes and doesn't make them fall out like some mascaras can. Good length and volume but it takes a while to dry (I learned this the hard way- lol). Best part is that it is easy to remove. Kind of pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good for volume, for length, not so much.
Definitely makes my thin lashes pop out though

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by ajlamb

I have very sensitive skin and eyes. Previous mascaras (both drug store and dept. store brand) caused my lashes to thin and break and my eyes to tear up/burn. This mascara restored my lashes to their original fullness and made them more lustrous and soft. I also found it was really easy to lift and separate my lashes to a really nice length/fullness. At the end of the day, I never had "raccoon eyes" either. My only negative comment would be the price...it runs high IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the mini pk that included the night activator. I,used it a few days, wasn't impressed, misplaced my regular mascara, and came back to this. It's not so wet now, goes on like a dream. I usually hate the way the plastic wands make my lashes look (too spiky) but this one is different. It is more flexible and I like the effect. Jury is still out on hg status, but I will try to update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

This mascara works really well conditioning the lashes and making them healthier. I really saw a difference in my lashes after about a month of use. I must say though, as a mascara by it self, it smudges horribly on me. Definitely not a water resistant formula. The formula is very volumizing but not too lengthening.

The way I like to use this mascara is to use it as a base coat. It conditions my lashes while giving them some volume. I then top it off with a waterproof mascara to make sure it won't melt off my eyes throughout the day.

I absolutely love the conditioning effect and volumizing effect this gives my lashes. I will definitely repurchase it in the future but it is quite expensive. I'd say it's not a must have but definitely a good to have =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LILYLOO

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this mascara in a monthly Birbox and really love it! I love the natural effect it has on my lashes. They look long, black and fluttery. The formula feels really light on the lashes, not hard and crusty, it's almost silky. I haven't had any flaking, the formula is quite wet, so it's good to give it a few seconds to dry. This doesn't bother me. I like the wand, I'm all thumbs when it comes to applying mascara, and i find this brush just works for me. I like the shape of it and i can coat the lashes easily. It claims to grow lashes, but I can't confirm this yet as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. The biggest drawback for me is the price. It's about $35 (eek!) so obviously, a big splurge for mascara. However, i can see myself buying this as a treat and hopefully using some giftcards of something. I'm still loving the sample i've got so i'll enjoy that for now lol.