October 23, 2014 | 1220 users online

Sunscreen - Eminence Organic Skin Care - Sun Defense Minerals

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always on the lookout for a good facial sunscreen product. I thought this one would be good, but was disappointed. Took many pumps to get enough powder into the brush to apply to my face. Even the lightest colour looked too pale and the next colour was rather orangey. I also feel that this product needs to be layered on many times to get the 30 spf, and this ends up looking like a matte mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a high rating but probably will not repurchase. The powder has decent coverage and of course doubles as SPF protection. However it is $61 for 8 grams - that is less than 1/3 of an ounce. The price is ridiculous. Unless more product is included OR there is a price adjustment, I cannot justify repurchasing.
It is cheaper to buy a moisturizer with SPF because I already have a matte finishing powder as a final layer after my foundation. The product is nice, but it is make up. It isn't doing anything for my skin. With the $61 the Eminence costs I can puchase the current foundation, matte powder, moisturizer, and bronze. It looks just as good. Don't be sucked into paying big bucks for the idea behind organic products, especially make up. If you're going to spend $$$$ I suggest investing it in actual skin care treaments

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by wildone

This product irritated my skin causing itchiness, clogged pores/whiteheads. GROSS! To make matters worse it clumps up in clusters; It is not smooth at all. Iím pretty sure it was the bismuth in this product that was so irritating. I also do not trust the spf factor, and the foundation clumped up in the container making it hard to apply. My money went in the garbage:(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by akushner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Rarely do I write reviews, but this line of products is just amazing. I was diagnosed with an allergy to preservatives and SLS/ALS...so I had to find a line where everything was 100% natural. In comes Eminence...

SPF 30. All Natural. Great scent. I am using #1 Honey & Apple. It goes on easy and very light....beautiful glow to my skin! It doesn't get dewy like BE does after a few hours. The applicator is very similiar to the new BE brush with the mineral veil. It is not orange at all (I compared it to my BE light). It will last forever!

I wouldn't consider this a 'sunscreen' but would put it under powder foundation. I did test the SPF 30 out this weekend being in the sun for 8 hours....and not a lick of sunburn or tan. PERFECT!!!

Price tag is definitely up there - but worth it if you need 100% organic products!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Amy900

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Took a long time to get my brush primed so that the powder would come out. Did not like the unnatural glow this gave. Plus the smell was a little overwhelming. I dont think the brush is very hygienic. Can be messy. Would not trust as sole sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this mineral powder sunscreen in three versions and two packages. #0 translucent in a refill shaker, #1 honey apple in a refill shaker and #2 Cherries and Berries in the push brush. #0 is great, a very light, almost no scent, and the powder sort of looks whitish but seems to blend in ok. Great for my fair skinned kid who can't stand cream sunblocks. My daughter loves #2 in the brush, but our brush cracked after a little while. The #2 smells really yummy, like a berry mix, and it does look dark but blends in ok on my daughter's tanned skin. Easy to put on, etc. #1, though, is truly yucky and I would not repurchase. The color is a hideous orangey yellow that looks ok on the fairskinned kid but the smell is so awful, a fakey apple smell that just does not go away. The powder is too orangey for my skin plus the yucky smell, I feel so bad that he is breathing that scent in all day long, I stopped using it on him. In general, This stuff lasts a long, long time and though it's expensive it really isn't much per use cost.