January 30, 2015 | 1557 users online

Hair Treatments - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Izzyr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about a month and it has transformed my hair! I have struggled with damaged, dry hair and split ends for years and have used countless products and this is the only one that has had a noticeable, lasting effect. My hair feels smooth, nourished and so much more manageable. I will definitely be repurchasing...it makes me feel like all my other oils and products I usually use are pointless now!
You don't need to use much of it, a small amount a couple of times a week works perfectly so the money you spend on the large tub is worth it as it will definitely last. The best way to use it (I took advice from other comments on here) is to put a small amount through dry hair and leave it as long as you can. I usually put it on when I get home from work, tie my hair up and go about my evening then wash it off before I go to bed so it's on for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Ivaniaeunice03

I recently bought The 500ml packaging and its great, but The other one isn't as good. I LOVE this product and will always use it(until they discontinue,that is)!!! It seriously reduced the breakage of my over processed relaxed hair drastically. I leave it on overnight twice or thrice a week and it feels magical afterwards. Combing is a breeze, moisture is crazy! I took a huge leap in buying this but I am super glad that I got it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having read the other reviews I'm starting to think it's just me! I really didn't like this stuff, I've got coloured hair which I just want to keep in good condition but it felt so much worse after one use of this stuff. My hair felt like straw and it was a nightmare to try to wash out. Luckily I only bought a one use sachet, I'd be gutted if I'd done what I intended to and bought a huge bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LB1988

I had to come on here and share with everybody how amazing I think this hair product is.

My hair is very dry, dull and coarse. I have been bleaching it for years and years and recently bleached it all over, suffice to say it is in a pretty horrible state. I have purchased countless hair products - most very high end and then some 'secret treasure' formulas I've read about. NOTHING has every worked. No matter what the labels or reviews promise my hair is still very dull and hard to manage. Even when I spend hours doing it, a few hours later it is usually to uncontrollable again I have to put it in a bun.

Recently, out of desperation - I was trolling the beaty sites looking for a hair product that I hadn't yet tried. I discovered Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme and decided to check out the reviews. Most were glowing, so I bought the smallest tube available to try it out. I followed the instructions (wet hair with warm water and apply to hair, leave for 20 mins and shampoo out) and honestly I couldn't see that much of a difference, I was so disappointed. My friend, who also uses this product told me to keep using it and over time it would better my hair. I also remembered that one of the reviews on here that I read said to apply it on dry hair, so yesterday that's what I did. I had to go out so I couldn't leave it on for very long - about 15/20 minutes (I would have preferred to leave it on for hours). I washed it out with shampoo and then used Philip Kingsley's conditioner. I then blow-dried my hair and ran the straighteners over it to 'sleek' it up. My hair was very sleek and 'bouncy' and felt wonderfully soft. Now, almost a full 24 hours later, my hair is still very sleek, soft and controlled, which absolutely NEVER happens. Like I said, usually after a few hours my hair looks awful and I have to tie it up.

I really recommend this product to anybody who's suffering with thick/dry/coarse/hard to manage hair. I truly feel like it's one of the best, if not the best, products I have ever used - and I have used A LOT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I was curious about PK's Elasticizer pre-shampoo treatment for a long time. When I finally decided to take the plunge (this stuff is $$) I went with the Elasticizer Extreme because I wanted to get the most bang for my buck. It took some experimenting to get this product to really work for me. Now that I've figured it out, this is definitely something I don't want to be without.
The instructions say to apply to wet hair, I didn't like the results when I did that. There was no noticeable difference in my hair whatsoever, very disappointing as I had high hopes for this product.
So I tried using it on dry hair instead, and the results are amazing! I apply generously, especially on my ends, put my hair up in a pony-bun and just leave it on for hours, sometimes overnight. Its texture is like that of a thick conditioner, but when distributed through hair it becomes more like a waxy pomade. I think with my hair put up I can get away with going out and running errands with this in my hair. It just looks like product. Then shampoo and condition like normal. When I finish styling my hair- Wow! This makes my hair so extremely soft and swingy and shiny. This treatment is the real deal, I love how healthy my hair looks after I use this. Worth every penny.
For reference, I have thick wavy-texture hair that I color and heat-style, so it's important that I take good care of it with the right products in order to prevent damage. As of right now I have a shiny, healthy head of hair and I want to keep it that way :)
Elasticizer Extreme is now one of my hair care staples, will absolutely repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Really love this product. I have coloured dry hair and use this once a week and makes it feel lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by shanikagun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I joined just to write a review on this. MAAAAAAAAAAAN this is absolutely amazing!!!ive been using this for what a month or so and my hair seems thicker and stronger!!i can spot the few split ends but it's significantly augmented the condition of my hair man im so happy its finally growing! i visited a salon for a hair cut two months ago since my last visit 3 years ago and my hairs already grown half as much as it grew within the 3 years!i only got the 150ml from lookfanstastic for $45AUD so i ordered more before i ran out.this is defs my HG combined with my clinicare purple rinseoff masque and head and shoulders for dandruff control and some argan oil mixed with repair serums post wash my hair is well on its way to a happier place :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is HG for me. I used it as instructed and then followed with the moisture extreme shampoo and conditioner. It left my hair very moisturised and healthy looking. Since using PK products I haven't had as many knots in my afro texture hair. I used to have a big problem with single strand knots but the products seem to have reduced their amount. I'd only purchased a travel set but I'm definitely going to buy the full sizes now that they have run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took me a few tries to get the best from this product, but I am very glad I persevered. My hair is a single process blonde and it is recovering from extension damage. After using the Elasticizer, my hair is soft and shiny with lots of body.
I would say less is more with this product, use too much and you will find it difficult to shampoo out, also do remember this is a pre shampoo treatment. My method is to use three or four pumps to lengths and ends before bed, sleep with it on and then add a little more prior to shampooing in the shower. The elasticizer dries like a wax so it won't make too much of a mess on your pillow used in this way. I use as a deep treatment once a week or whenever my hair is in need.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by clownstatue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've had a jar of this sitting in my bathroom forever. The first time I used it, I slathered it on thickly and put on the plastic cap, leaving it in for about 45 minutes, and when I tried to rinse the stuff out it left gunk in my hair, ultimately adding no softness or shine whatsoever. I refused to try it again until two days ago. I used it like you would use any regular conditioner. I worked it through my hair and rinsed it out within a minute or so. My fried, bleached hair is SO incredibly soft and feels amazing. After years of getting heavy blonde highlights my hair is so porous that it will not dry normally unless I blow dry it; yesterday it dried much quicker, naturally, and it feels so nice! I can't wait to see if my hair will improve even more. Definitely try this if you have damaged hair from extensive bleaching.