October 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Hair Treatments - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LB1988

I had to come on here and share with everybody how amazing I think this hair product is.

My hair is very dry, dull and coarse. I have been bleaching it for years and years and recently bleached it all over, suffice to say it is in a pretty horrible state. I have purchased countless hair products - most very high end and then some 'secret treasure' formulas I've read about. NOTHING has every worked. No matter what the labels or reviews promise my hair is still very dull and hard to manage. Even when I spend hours doing it, a few hours later it is usually to uncontrollable again I have to put it in a bun.

Recently, out of desperation - I was trolling the beaty sites looking for a hair product that I hadn't yet tried. I discovered Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme and decided to check out the reviews. Most were glowing, so I bought the smallest tube available to try it out. I followed the instructions (wet hair with warm water and apply to hair, leave for 20 mins and shampoo out) and honestly I couldn't see that much of a difference, I was so disappointed. My friend, who also uses this product told me to keep using it and over time it would better my hair. I also remembered that one of the reviews on here that I read said to apply it on dry hair, so yesterday that's what I did. I had to go out so I couldn't leave it on for very long - about 15/20 minutes (I would have preferred to leave it on for hours). I washed it out with shampoo and then used Philip Kingsley's conditioner. I then blow-dried my hair and ran the straighteners over it to 'sleek' it up. My hair was very sleek and 'bouncy' and felt wonderfully soft. Now, almost a full 24 hours later, my hair is still very sleek, soft and controlled, which absolutely NEVER happens. Like I said, usually after a few hours my hair looks awful and I have to tie it up.

I really recommend this product to anybody who's suffering with thick/dry/coarse/hard to manage hair. I truly feel like it's one of the best, if not the best, products I have ever used - and I have used A LOT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I was curious about PK's Elasticizer pre-shampoo treatment for a long time. When I finally decided to take the plunge (this stuff is $$) I went with the Elasticizer Extreme because I wanted to get the most bang for my buck. It took some experimenting to get this product to really work for me. Now that I've figured it out, this is definitely something I don't want to be without.
The instructions say to apply to wet hair, I didn't like the results when I did that. There was no noticeable difference in my hair whatsoever, very disappointing as I had high hopes for this product.
So I tried using it on dry hair instead, and the results are amazing! I apply generously, especially on my ends, put my hair up in a pony-bun and just leave it on for hours, sometimes overnight. Its texture is like that of a thick conditioner, but when distributed through hair it becomes more like a waxy pomade. I think with my hair put up I can get away with going out and running errands with this in my hair. It just looks like product. Then shampoo and condition like normal. When I finish styling my hair- Wow! This makes my hair so extremely soft and swingy and shiny. This treatment is the real deal, I love how healthy my hair looks after I use this. Worth every penny.
For reference, I have thick wavy-texture hair that I color and heat-style, so it's important that I take good care of it with the right products in order to prevent damage. As of right now I have a shiny, healthy head of hair and I want to keep it that way :)
Elasticizer Extreme is now one of my hair care staples, will absolutely repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Really love this product. I have coloured dry hair and use this once a week and makes it feel lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by shanikagun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I joined just to write a review on this. MAAAAAAAAAAAN this is absolutely amazing!!!ive been using this for what a month or so and my hair seems thicker and stronger!!i can spot the few split ends but it's significantly augmented the condition of my hair man im so happy its finally growing! i visited a salon for a hair cut two months ago since my last visit 3 years ago and my hairs already grown half as much as it grew within the 3 years!i only got the 150ml from lookfanstastic for $45AUD so i ordered more before i ran out.this is defs my HG combined with my clinicare purple rinseoff masque and head and shoulders for dandruff control and some argan oil mixed with repair serums post wash my hair is well on its way to a happier place :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is HG for me. I used it as instructed and then followed with the moisture extreme shampoo and conditioner. It left my hair very moisturised and healthy looking. Since using PK products I haven't had as many knots in my afro texture hair. I used to have a big problem with single strand knots but the products seem to have reduced their amount. I'd only purchased a travel set but I'm definitely going to buy the full sizes now that they have run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took me a few tries to get the best from this product, but I am very glad I persevered. My hair is a single process blonde and it is recovering from extension damage. After using the Elasticizer, my hair is soft and shiny with lots of body.
I would say less is more with this product, use too much and you will find it difficult to shampoo out, also do remember this is a pre shampoo treatment. My method is to use three or four pumps to lengths and ends before bed, sleep with it on and then add a little more prior to shampooing in the shower. The elasticizer dries like a wax so it won't make too much of a mess on your pillow used in this way. I use as a deep treatment once a week or whenever my hair is in need.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by clownstatue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've had a jar of this sitting in my bathroom forever. The first time I used it, I slathered it on thickly and put on the plastic cap, leaving it in for about 45 minutes, and when I tried to rinse the stuff out it left gunk in my hair, ultimately adding no softness or shine whatsoever. I refused to try it again until two days ago. I used it like you would use any regular conditioner. I worked it through my hair and rinsed it out within a minute or so. My fried, bleached hair is SO incredibly soft and feels amazing. After years of getting heavy blonde highlights my hair is so porous that it will not dry normally unless I blow dry it; yesterday it dried much quicker, naturally, and it feels so nice! I can't wait to see if my hair will improve even more. Definitely try this if you have damaged hair from extensive bleaching.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I sort of expected to be disappointed with this, as I was with the much raved about Its A 10 Hair Masque. However I was pleasantly surprised & can say with confidence that although Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme is expensive......it is WORTH IT. My fried, damaged blonde hair feels so soft after using this. I wear it on my hair overnight once a week & can tell a difference.

If you're having trouble deciding between this or the original elasticizer........go with the extreme version if you have really damaged hair. I also bought the regular elasticizer & it was mediocre.
I'll repurchase eventually. :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by murkydismal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at first. After showering, my hair would feel like it had a wax coating- unless I washed twice with a sulfate-laden shampoo which defeated the purpose and left me back at square one!

I pulled it back out recently and instead of using a handful and leaving it on for an hour or more, I tried just one pump on damp lengths for about 20 minutes. This worked so much better. I CO-washed as usual, concentrating more on the lengths than I normally would to get it all out. I ended up with tame, well-moisturized hair!

I don't like the pump bottle though- the product is so thick that it is difficult to get a normal pump's worth out. It's much easier to just remove the lid and scoop some out. But just remember, less is more! I rarely find a moisturizing product that is "too much" for my hair but I have to take it easy with this one.

Elasticizer is fragrance-free, a positive since fragrance can often make or break a product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ellejs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the original Elastisizer. I have tried low end and high end treatments for my highlighted hair and most of them leave it weighed down or plastic feeling like it's not clean. This one is the best so far I have tried it a few times now and I am happy with the results.