April 24, 2014 | 1820 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Génifique Eye

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Glides on well when you apply it. It kinda helped smoothen my skin but then again, don't expect much from it when it comes to correcting dark circles and puffiness. So for its price, this one's a bit meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

Just finished my first jar! It's amazing for the skin around my eye area. I used to get milia on my top lid quite often from using my primer. I didn't want to change the primer because I love it so much (urban decay). Ever since I started using this, no milia! My skin is brighter but I never really had a dark circle problem. I'm 35 so it's not for major wrinkles; more of a preventative measure. I also tried the serum with good results but then I started getting bumps on my forehead so I stopped using that. The eye cream still works for me though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by kwill2013

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so surprised that this is rated fairly low. I love it! It is too pricey and the packaging is gimicky but the results are amazing. It goes to show you, when it comes to skin care, you really can't go by just reviews alone. Everyone's skins reacts differently. What works on one person might not work on another. But, it definitately works on me .... and I have tried everything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by ysobee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No difference in lines, dark circles, or puffiness. Only MILIA!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a little baffled by the low score this product has received from reviewers. Personally, I've found this eye cream to be quite good, particularly for first time users of eye cream, and I would certainly buy again.

Efficacy: Prior to using Génefique Eye, my under eye skin was crepey and dehydrated. I had slight dark shadows due to using my YSL touche eclat regularly as a concealer and from a chronic deficit of sleep. A day after using, my dark shadows had lightened considerably and the crepey texture of the skin had gone. I often wake up with puffy eyes, but using the cream before bed and in the morning has made a discernible difference.

Reactivity: I have sensitive skin. Other eye creams I have used in the past, e.g. La Prairie, SKII, have made my eyes sting and swell up in the morning. Génefique Eye did not provoke any reactions at all.

Texture: The texture of the cream is lovely. Not too thick or thin. It glides on easily and is absorbed well. Be sure to pat into the skin sufficiently, especially before makeup, otherwise foundation application might be difficult in the under eye area.

Scent: A pleasant scent - clean, not floral or heavily scented (which is a huge plus for me. I get the worst headaches from strong smells!)

Price: I bought a 50 mL jar (duty free on a cruise ship) for about $60. I think this price is reasonable for a good eye cream.

Packaging: Unfortunately one has to dip their fingers into the jar. An applicator would have been nice.

Recommended for: Brightening the under eye area. Reducing puffiness. Younger users.

Not recommended for: Mature skin. Fine lines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by laurencpower

*My very first post on Makeupalley! Thanks to everyone out there for providing such good reviews to lurkers like me - I've decided to join the club!*

Just bought this product today and have just applied it. I've been struggling with dehydrated skin under the eye and on the eyelid - makeup is increasingly difficult to apply and fine lines are becoming more evident. Prior to this, I had not been using an eye cream for about a year. Don't judge!

I bought this even though I was searching for the Progres Eye Cream, which the Lancome counter said they didn't carry anymore. Hrmf. I was encouraged to try the Genifique based on my age. I balked at the price, but managed to snag it in a value package which was actually a good deal.

The consistency is lovely - between a gel and a creme. Lovely packaging too. When first applied, I felt some warmth and slight stinging which really put me off - for a product with this high a price tag should NOT be irritating my eyes. I will continue using for a few days and see what happens - hope I don't have to send this back to the store! Rating 3 out of 5 for now - will update soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No changes expect for milia! I'm sensitive to several eye creams, such as Estée's and Chanel's, but Lancome skincare products always give my skin the worst reactions. They should definitely stick to makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i saw a change after i woke up. it lightened my circles a bit. i say this is good because i only just put it on last night.
hate jars and for 15ml, i had to pay $65. right now from the 1st impression effect i love it. lets see whats going to happen in a week :)

2nd aept 2012. UPDATE
so its been 2 weeks and i have to say i can definitely see a difference on my dark circles fading away. although unlike estee lauder anr eye (the very first one btw), it doesnt do much for my bags. sometimes i see it when i dont get enough sleep. but its not my concern so im cool with it :)

12th may 2013 UPDDATE
so ive been using this on my right eye and loccitane divine eyes on my right. tbh genefique seems to work sooo much better, less dark circle, less puffy eyes and no fine lines or atleast no new lines, so im pretty happy :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this in the morning as well as the evening for more than 2 months now. I actually prefer using it in the morning than for the evening as it doesn't hydrate enough for me. I have normal to dry skin and my eye area is even drier.

I'm not sure about the exact ingredients but I dare say it contains silicone. It basically has the same texture like the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, but this has a less oily touch. I have some small fine lines on my eye bag and apparently, they look less obvious with this eye cream on, which I suppose the lines are filled up by the silicones for the illusion. It doesn't work for my dark circles though I doubt if anything can diminish mine.

Also, for a gel cream with this texture, I think a pump or a tube will be nicer than a tub.

A really average eye cream to me, except that it can serve as a primer for me concealer in the morning. Most likely won't be re-purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Vikilu

I have almost finished one jar of this eye cream. I will not repurchase it for sure. It stings my eyes every time I use it. But it is such an expensive cream that I don't want to just throw it away. I have to use some hydrating serum before I use this eye cream so that I artificially create a barrier between this cream and my under eye area. It definitely doesn't provide any hydration for my eye area. After 4-5 hours, if I rub my eyes, there will be some dry white residuals sticking to my finger tips. The glass jar is heavy and bulky and totally unnecessary. I give it 3 stars because it is much easier to spread than other Lancome eye creams I have used before.