Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

2.6

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Methoxypropyl Gluconamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Luetkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica, Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77193/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 2/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because having pale skin means that even "normal" finishing powders appear too dark unless they are white or almost white.

PROS: Nothing.

CONS: My first impression of this powder was that it was EXTREMELY sparkly, I'm talking like "there is no way this will NOT be noticeable once applied." The texture isn't right for a finishing powder either, it's just not finely milled enough. Just try to use a puff with it - it's just really noticable. Not only that, but it has a powdery finish similar to the Revlon finishing powders I've tried in the past... they're just so easily cakey looking. This one ups the ante because it's chock full of sparkles. The only way I can use this is by using my Ecotools Powder brush, but I hate that one because it SUCKS UP POWDER. That's why it works with it, it applies it so lightly to the face.

OTHER: It's way too expensive, plus the stupid little brush inside... it's not horrible quality, but you can tell the powder is not finely milled enough because it leaves "scratches" in it.

OVERALL: No. The finish is just too powdery, and the sparkles effectively KILL IT for all outdoor use.

on 6/11/2014 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm very pale with pink undertones, normal/dry skin, good complexion and this works for me. It gives me a glow without the grease, evens out my skin tone a little (over spf moisturizer and a primer (also Revlon) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Price is okay, packaging sucks and yes, I will repurchase. I also use Benefit's Dandelion as a face powder for less glow and ever so slighter brighter look. They both work well for natural, daytime face. Would not recommend this powder for darker skin (it would show up white!), skin with yellow undertone, or oily skin (doesn't mattify).

on 5/23/2014 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is just... OK. I use it over my foundation as a setting powder, the only problem is that it doesn't really set much. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone. And I still find even after about two hours of initially applying my foundation with this over top, my t-zone starts to get noticeably oily. So, it hasn't really done anything special for me. It is a bit sparkly but I don't really mind that. And I also have very fair skin, so I don't get the white cast that everyone on here has talked about. The packaging for this product sucks too. Pretty flimsy. This powder does last a while though, i will give it that. It just really isn't anything special in my opinion. Kinda mediocre. But, if it works for you then that's great! It just wasn't for me.
I'll be trying Rimmels Stay Matte Pressed Powder once this runs out.

on 5/22/2014 10:09:00 PM

I am also surprised by the negative reviews for this powder. I suppose it isn't miraculous, but it does a decent job of setting my makeup and keeping it matte longer. I've been using it about a month, I ran out of the mineral veil I usually order online and picked this up expecting to order more mineral veil and have been happy enough with its performance that I actually plan on repurchasing. I think it actually sets and preserves my makeup better than the mineral veil I was using, and is more readily available and a bit less expensive. With the mineral veil I was touching up my make up after lunch, and now I find myself going all day without touching up on the less humid days (though it is getting humid out more often now and I do have to touch up a bit mid-afternoon or I will start seeing some shine).

I don't find it too sparkly, I've examined myself closely in direct sunlight to be sure, and I don't see the chunky sparkles so many are talking about in reviews. I do use a very very light hand when applying this, and then I buff it out quite a bit, so maybe application is the issue.

I also think this acts as a decent eye liner primer, I apply this after my concealer and foundation and make sure to get my eyes and it keeps my eye shadow from smudging or wearing off as quickly.

I am fair skinned with yellow undertones but I do not get a white cast with this at the moment. However, I do get quite tan in the summer, so we will see as the season progresses if this starts showing up on my skin.

I do wish the packaging was sturdier and shaped differently, but overall I'm very please with this and plan on repurchasing when I run out.

on 5/3/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you want yo look like a glittery chalkboard, get this. It's almost like sparkly baby powder on the skin. It doesn't apply evenly, and doesn't do squat for setting makeup. I love the PhotoReady foundation so I wanted to try more from the line, but this was an absolute fail. At least it didn't break me out.

on 3/6/2014 5:28:00 PM

I've been using loose powder exclusively for the past 17 years or so and I was reluctant to go use a pressed powder. I decided once my last powder was done to steer towards something that would not contribute any further colour to my layers of primer, concealer and foundation, so translucent was the way to go. I'm loving this so far. I love that I can apply it without the heavy handedness that can come with loose powders and the finish isn't white. It's a setting powder. If your skin appears white, you are using too much. This is a true translucent powder.

on 3/5/2014 12:29:00 PM

I love this powder! I bought rimmel stay matte and when I compared the two, this was the clear winner. It keeps my oils from peaking through, and I don't get shiny. I will admit the brush that comes in the compact is horrible but I don't use that, overall it's a great product

on 3/1/2014 5:53:00 AM

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this product. It's actually quite good, and as for it 'making you white and chalky' I have no problem with that. You only need a little bit, it's not a powder foundation, it's a setting powder. Yes it is quite white, but if applied correctly, a little bit on the forehead, nose and chin, then it's fine :) Only problem I have with the product is the pricing, I feel like for such a high price it should be better packaging and more product :) overall a good powder and I will probably repurchase :)

on 1/18/2014 10:04:00 AM

I've been using this stuff for about two years now. I love this powder! I have very fair skin and a couple swipes of this stuff sets my makeup for a full day at work. A lot of people complain that its too shimmery and pale, and that's probably because you're a. Tan or b. Are caking it on. This stuff lasts a long time! I use it for about 6 months before I see the shiny bottom, a little goes a long way!
However, the packaging is horrific. The shape is very awkward and hard to open with wet nails! The mirror is a nice touch but unnecessary. And just toss the brush that comes with it out - it sheds and its tiny Use your own powder brush for it.
Packaging aside, I love this translucent powder, definitely my HG setting powder. I will buy it until its dc.. Which I hope is never!
Ladies! Dont throw it out just yet! Try using less :-)

on 12/22/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In short, this isn't really anything special. It's an okay finishing powder but just wasn't enough for me. It might be better for someone less oily.

I didn't break out from it, which is always a plus. It also has a tiny bit of sparkle for those who don't like the absolutely matte look. It's also really translucent, unlike many others that leave a hint of a white cast.

But in the end, it just doesn't hold up more than a few hours and it also didn't do a lot to keep my foundation in place. It wasn't terrible, but I won't buy it again.