Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

2.6

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Methoxypropyl Gluconamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Luetkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica, Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77193/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the product itself. I'm wearing it alone in one of the photos I posted. It does have some serious sparkle, but it is translucent, not chalky or pink. And does it ever look fantastic in photographs!!

It dries my skin out a little, but at least it doesn't make my face look greasy.

My issue is the packaging. I hate the gigantic compact, the latch is fragile,and the mirror is a tiny strip! For how huge this compact is, they could do a better sized mirror. Maybelline and Cover Girl can do it, so Revlon has no excuse.

Despite the bad reviews, I still picked this up while grocery shopping. I needed a powder as I had used the last bit of Benefit Georgia (which I adored) and this seemed to fit the bill as a lightweight powder. I am NC15 so the pale color was not a worry for me at all.

Despite checking in natural and artificial light, I can only detect a small amount of glitter (and then it is very minimal, just a couple of pieces here and there despite a liberal application of the powder over my foundation.)

This only mattified a little but did make my skin look more even. As for oil control – this has no effect. My nose and chin are still as oily as ever and this powder makes no difference. But it is not marketed as a shine control powder so I was not expecting much. I still have to reapply this powder as I would with any other, so I doubt I would purchase this again.

I have found some pretty good powders over the years, but this does not do much of anything. It is ok for wearing for short periods of time, but for all-day wear this falls short.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff was so not worth the money.

I am fairly new to makeup, and this was my first setting powder. I have combination skin, with my t-zone being slightly oily and the area around my mouth being very dry. I'm fair-skinned and basically just needed something to keep the foundation on all day.

First of all, this stuff is sparkly. I'm fair, so it didn't show on me, but I can imagine even slightly darker girls having issues with that.
Second - it clung to my dry patches and made those areas look INSTANTLY cakey every time.
Third - the packaging sucks. It's bulky and the brush it comes with is terrible.
Finally - it did nothing to keep my foundation on all day, or even a few hours.

I used this product for a month and a half, so I gave this its fair shot. It's now in my garbage can.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, the packaging is an eyesore. We don't need a scratchy little brush included in this powder and it just creates too much extra space once you take out the brush (and toss it right in your garbage). The powder itself is also so damn terrible - it's not translucent at all and it made my foundation 2 - 3 shades lighter than it actually is. The powder also clings onto fine hairs and dry spots on your skin. I had to blend the hell out of it to look presentable for the day, before it greased up within 6 hours.
It's not worth the ~$20 CDN I spent...

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because having pale skin means that even "normal" finishing powders appear too dark unless they are white or almost white.

PROS: Nothing.

CONS: My first impression of this powder was that it was EXTREMELY sparkly, I'm talking like "there is no way this will NOT be noticeable once applied." The texture isn't right for a finishing powder either, it's just not finely milled enough. Just try to use a puff with it - it's just really noticable. Not only that, but it has a powdery finish similar to the Revlon finishing powders I've tried in the past... they're just so easily cakey looking. This one ups the ante because it's chock full of sparkles. The only way I can use this is by using my Ecotools Powder brush, but I hate that one because it SUCKS UP POWDER. That's why it works with it, it applies it so lightly to the face.

OTHER: It's way too expensive, plus the stupid little brush inside... it's not horrible quality, but you can tell the powder is not finely milled enough because it leaves "scratches" in it.

OVERALL: No. The finish is just too powdery, and the sparkles effectively KILL IT for all outdoor use.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm very pale with pink undertones, normal/dry skin, good complexion and this works for me. It gives me a glow without the grease, evens out my skin tone a little (over spf moisturizer and a primer (also Revlon) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Price is okay, packaging sucks and yes, I will repurchase. I also use Benefit's Dandelion as a face powder for less glow and ever so slighter brighter look. They both work well for natural, daytime face. Would not recommend this powder for darker skin (it would show up white!), skin with yellow undertone, or oily skin (doesn't mattify).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is just... OK. I use it over my foundation as a setting powder, the only problem is that it doesn't really set much. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone. And I still find even after about two hours of initially applying my foundation with this over top, my t-zone starts to get noticeably oily. So, it hasn't really done anything special for me. It is a bit sparkly but I don't really mind that. And I also have very fair skin, so I don't get the white cast that everyone on here has talked about. The packaging for this product sucks too. Pretty flimsy. This powder does last a while though, i will give it that. It just really isn't anything special in my opinion. Kinda mediocre. But, if it works for you then that's great! It just wasn't for me.
I'll be trying Rimmels Stay Matte Pressed Powder once this runs out.

I am also surprised by the negative reviews for this powder. I suppose it isn't miraculous, but it does a decent job of setting my makeup and keeping it matte longer. I've been using it about a month, I ran out of the mineral veil I usually order online and picked this up expecting to order more mineral veil and have been happy enough with its performance that I actually plan on repurchasing. I think it actually sets and preserves my makeup better than the mineral veil I was using, and is more readily available and a bit less expensive. With the mineral veil I was touching up my make up after lunch, and now I find myself going all day without touching up on the less humid days (though it is getting humid out more often now and I do have to touch up a bit mid-afternoon or I will start seeing some shine).

I don't find it too sparkly, I've examined myself closely in direct sunlight to be sure, and I don't see the chunky sparkles so many are talking about in reviews. I do use a very very light hand when applying this, and then I buff it out quite a bit, so maybe application is the issue.

I also think this acts as a decent eye liner primer, I apply this after my concealer and foundation and make sure to get my eyes and it keeps my eye shadow from smudging or wearing off as quickly.

I am fair skinned with yellow undertones but I do not get a white cast with this at the moment. However, I do get quite tan in the summer, so we will see as the season progresses if this starts showing up on my skin.

I do wish the packaging was sturdier and shaped differently, but overall I'm very please with this and plan on repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you want yo look like a glittery chalkboard, get this. It's almost like sparkly baby powder on the skin. It doesn't apply evenly, and doesn't do squat for setting makeup. I love the PhotoReady foundation so I wanted to try more from the line, but this was an absolute fail. At least it didn't break me out.

I've been using loose powder exclusively for the past 17 years or so and I was reluctant to go use a pressed powder. I decided once my last powder was done to steer towards something that would not contribute any further colour to my layers of primer, concealer and foundation, so translucent was the way to go. I'm loving this so far. I love that I can apply it without the heavy handedness that can come with loose powders and the finish isn't white. It's a setting powder. If your skin appears white, you are using too much. This is a true translucent powder.

Recommended for Normal Skin