August 27, 2014 | 1089 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale with pink undertones, normal/dry skin, good complexion and this works for me. It gives me a glow without the grease, evens out my skin tone a little (over spf moisturizer and a primer (also Revlon) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Price is okay, packaging sucks and yes, I will repurchase. I also use Benefit's Dandelion as a face powder for less glow and ever so slighter brighter look. They both work well for natural, daytime face. Would not recommend this powder for darker skin (it would show up white!), skin with yellow undertone, or oily skin (doesn't mattify).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is just... OK. I use it over my foundation as a setting powder, the only problem is that it doesn't really set much. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone. And I still find even after about two hours of initially applying my foundation with this over top, my t-zone starts to get noticeably oily. So, it hasn't really done anything special for me. It is a bit sparkly but I don't really mind that. And I also have very fair skin, so I don't get the white cast that everyone on here has talked about. The packaging for this product sucks too. Pretty flimsy. This powder does last a while though, i will give it that. It just really isn't anything special in my opinion. Kinda mediocre. But, if it works for you then that's great! It just wasn't for me.
I'll be trying Rimmels Stay Matte Pressed Powder once this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I am also surprised by the negative reviews for this powder. I suppose it isn't miraculous, but it does a decent job of setting my makeup and keeping it matte longer. I've been using it about a month, I ran out of the mineral veil I usually order online and picked this up expecting to order more mineral veil and have been happy enough with its performance that I actually plan on repurchasing. I think it actually sets and preserves my makeup better than the mineral veil I was using, and is more readily available and a bit less expensive. With the mineral veil I was touching up my make up after lunch, and now I find myself going all day without touching up on the less humid days (though it is getting humid out more often now and I do have to touch up a bit mid-afternoon or I will start seeing some shine).

I don't find it too sparkly, I've examined myself closely in direct sunlight to be sure, and I don't see the chunky sparkles so many are talking about in reviews. I do use a very very light hand when applying this, and then I buff it out quite a bit, so maybe application is the issue.

I also think this acts as a decent eye liner primer, I apply this after my concealer and foundation and make sure to get my eyes and it keeps my eye shadow from smudging or wearing off as quickly.

I am fair skinned with yellow undertones but I do not get a white cast with this at the moment. However, I do get quite tan in the summer, so we will see as the season progresses if this starts showing up on my skin.

I do wish the packaging was sturdier and shaped differently, but overall I'm very please with this and plan on repurchasing when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

If you want yo look like a glittery chalkboard, get this. It's almost like sparkly baby powder on the skin. It doesn't apply evenly, and doesn't do squat for setting makeup. I love the PhotoReady foundation so I wanted to try more from the line, but this was an absolute fail. At least it didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I've been using loose powder exclusively for the past 17 years or so and I was reluctant to go use a pressed powder. I decided once my last powder was done to steer towards something that would not contribute any further colour to my layers of primer, concealer and foundation, so translucent was the way to go. I'm loving this so far. I love that I can apply it without the heavy handedness that can come with loose powders and the finish isn't white. It's a setting powder. If your skin appears white, you are using too much. This is a true translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

I love this powder! I bought rimmel stay matte and when I compared the two, this was the clear winner. It keeps my oils from peaking through, and I don't get shiny. I will admit the brush that comes in the compact is horrible but I don't use that, overall it's a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by EllaJeanie

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this product. It's actually quite good, and as for it 'making you white and chalky' I have no problem with that. You only need a little bit, it's not a powder foundation, it's a setting powder. Yes it is quite white, but if applied correctly, a little bit on the forehead, nose and chin, then it's fine :) Only problem I have with the product is the pricing, I feel like for such a high price it should be better packaging and more product :) overall a good powder and I will probably repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this stuff for about two years now. I love this powder! I have very fair skin and a couple swipes of this stuff sets my makeup for a full day at work. A lot of people complain that its too shimmery and pale, and that's probably because you're a. Tan or b. Are caking it on. This stuff lasts a long time! I use it for about 6 months before I see the shiny bottom, a little goes a long way!
However, the packaging is horrific. The shape is very awkward and hard to open with wet nails! The mirror is a nice touch but unnecessary. And just toss the brush that comes with it out - it sheds and its tiny Use your own powder brush for it.
Packaging aside, I love this translucent powder, definitely my HG setting powder. I will buy it until its dc.. Which I hope is never!
Ladies! Dont throw it out just yet! Try using less :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In short, this isn't really anything special. It's an okay finishing powder but just wasn't enough for me. It might be better for someone less oily.

I didn't break out from it, which is always a plus. It also has a tiny bit of sparkle for those who don't like the absolutely matte look. It's also really translucent, unlike many others that leave a hint of a white cast.

But in the end, it just doesn't hold up more than a few hours and it also didn't do a lot to keep my foundation in place. It wasn't terrible, but I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! Great value! I did not find this product to be too shimmery. It is lightweight and translucent. I have fair skin, so perhaps this is why it doesn't appear to have a white cast. It is worth a try!