Everyday Minerals Nutmeg

4.4

Not tested on animals

on 3/4/2013 9:43:00 AM

I love this shade for a base crease color. I always put a mid-toned taupe/brown in my crease before layering other colors on top. This one is a cool toned color that reminds me a lot of UD Tease. It sort of has that grey/purple cast to it. Lovely color for a neutral smokey eye(my signature everyday look) with a beige or taupe on the lid.

I really liked the texture of this shadow too. Not chalky or chunky at all for me. blended in very nicely and doesn't look streaky.

a great staple shade to have in your collex.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was happy to get this in one of the current sample kits from EDM. You order 7 products in "try me" sizes, and pay only shipping. For e/s, I got this, My Place, and Driftwood. I was actually far more excited for My Place - I thought that was going to be my taupe, but it turns out that it much warmer than Nutmeg, and Nutmeg is the greyish taupe that I was looking for. I'm going to order another sample kit with Nutmeg in it and then put the two into a little sifter jar. This is a great dupe (and much better pigmented, IMO) for MAC's Copperplate. It's a greyed taupe that will look good on many skin tones. It is a completely matte finish, and has great lasting pigment, while being easy to blend.

on 6/30/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A taupe with ashen grey undertone that looks dull on my pale warm toned skin. Everyday Minerals powders are more coarsely milled compared to other mineral makeup brands. I prefer an easier to blend, more creamy feel than these.

on 1/5/2011 8:30:00 PM

As the previous reviews have stated this is a great go to shade for everyday wear. I wear this shade every single day on my lid and crease. You can go light for a more natural look or layer it on for a darker not quite smoky look. I pair this with the Rare Silk shade as a highlight and blend together. For a night look I add another layer and add their black eyeliner. A no fail shade to look put together.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Mmmm, lovely. Elegant subdued matte brown shade with grey undertone. Doesn't wash out my cool pale skin. Great for people like me who are rubbish at applying eye shadow - blends in nicely and hard to make a mistake with. I wear on the lid up to the crease with a heavy 60's eyeliner sweep of Sweet Woodruff.

on 2/16/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really wonderful matte taupe. I use it as a crease color. It is mineral so it does get a bit messy, but other than that I find all the other qualities one looks for in an eyeshadow to be present (blendability, pigmentation, etc.)

on 2/11/2010 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bubbleheart has described the colour of this eyeshadow exactly! I really like this eyeshadow. Its a great neutral that is great for an all over daytime lid or crease colour, and I feel that its very multipurpose - I can always rely on this shade to make my eyes stand out but not overdone for the day. I highly recommend this colour to ladies who like matte neutral toned eyeshadows. The only con I have is that I didn't buy the larger size!

on 12/20/2009 12:43:00 PM

This is one of Everyday Minerals winter colors, a deep taupe neutral. I find this to be a smokey brown/grey taupe and it is a matte color. It is a very natural looking color yet dark enough to give a lot of definition to your eyes while still being very daytime appropriate. I really wasnt expecting to like this (its frankly a really boring color in the jar), but its perfect for doing up a eye makeup look that looks natural and effortless without being pale and invisible. It is comparable to Everyday Minerals other shade 'wildflowers' but I think I prefer this one even more since it doesnt have the purple tones that wildflowers has so its much more natural looking. I really think I would buy these colors again if I ran out - I can see them becoming staples in my collection.