Everyday Minerals Cardamom

4.8

Not tested on animals

I love this shadow! I use it as a base almost every day. It has a tiny bit of shimmer, but very neutral. LOVE IT and it goes under just about every other EM shadow I use!

Interesting greyish-brown-biege shade, but needs to be paired with another colour for good effect. Looks weird on its own on my NC30 skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I wouldn't buy this again, per se, but don't let that stop you from trying it!

The color on the website is a bit incorrect, in my opinion. The website shows a peachy color with a hnt of taupe. What shows up at your door is a taupey-peach with a hint of purple and grey. It is a pretty and unique color to use - looks great on my green eyes.

I forget about this color often, and I don't know why. I think it could look good with any eye color - but I could see it turning ashy on some skin tones.

A sample is $2.50 on the everydayminerals website - so it is worth a shot in my opinion. It's a nice, basic, go-to color to use as a wash or a light crease shade if you're in a hurry or don't like to spend a lot of time on your look when getting ready.

on 2/26/2010 7:10:00 PM

Gorgeous pearlized taupe color. This along with Nutmeg, Juniper, and Allspice are a beautiful quad of colors for an understated, professional look that is appropriate for any occasion. I've tried a lot of Everyday Minerals colors, and Cardamom is a standout. The pearlized finish on this color is so pretty though!

on 1/9/2010 11:29:00 PM

I adore this colour. It's a lovely subtle shade that helps to contour the eye naturally--- I wear it everyday!

I was actually expectly something lighter, since the description said "sands of beach", but I wouldn't change this for anything else. On me this colour applies as a pearly beige colour (I guess like sand), but after little blending it actually looks taupe-y to give my eye a smokey, naturally-contoured look. It's very mysterious. I love it. You should try it. =)

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I ever manage to finish my full-size "mini" pot. You only use a few crumbs for both eyes, so it'll last ages.

on 12/20/2009 12:35:00 PM

I was really impressed with this eyeshadow. The description from Everyday Minerals described it 'like the sands of a beach', which enticed me to buy it - I thought it would be a little bit more of a brown taupe (its a bit more of a pale grey/brown taupe). I expected it to also be a quite pale color, so I was surprised (and happy) when it turned out to actually have a bit of color to it - an almost mid-tone neutral with some pearly shimmer. I hadnt expected to like this a lot but its quickly becoming one of my most used eyeshadows - perfect for any occasion, neutral and light for a stunning pearly lid color that goes with many various darker crease color combinations. I really wish EM would come out with a few more mid tone colors with this amazing pearliness to them, they are fantastic!