Garnier Aqua Defense Gel Cream

on 9/18/2012 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Bought this because of the smell, and boy, was it a huge mistake. My skin is super oily and acne prone, and this made my skin break out like crazy.
I thought it was such a shame if I had to chuck it since, as I mentioned, I'm in love with the scent. So I gave it several tries, on several different weeks, but to my utter disappointment, I was left with huge pimples all over my face every single time after I used it.
And to make matters worse, I didn't really like the slightly oily sheen left behind on my face after every application.
As for moisturising, it did an okay job, but there are better moisturisers out there that moisturise just as well, and don't make me break out.
Will definitely not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great. Usually I don't buy Garnier products, but their bb cream and this acqua defense gel/cream are just amazing. It feels so good on my oily skin. It is not greasy, doesn't feel heavy, nor sticky. The price is really cheap. I use it after my ptr retinol to avoid peeling effect.

on 3/26/2012 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

It smells good, and I've microcystic acne probably because of my eczema which worsen recently because dry skin and all. I tried this one and I got burning sensation each time I use it. Not sure if it's doing the work or because my skin is too thin though. All I can say it reduce the appearance of the acne but after my face dried up, the acne is still there, I'm giving it a week to see whether it'll work or not.

on 9/21/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really love apples. I also really love this gel- cream! The texture is nothing like what I have seen before, it's something like aloe vera gel mixed with whipping cream (or weak jelly- chocolate truffles?) sorry if it sounds like a food review but the scent is really delicious ;P

Have used about one- thirds of the jar and no breakouts! The pores on my face also appear to have shrunk ( note the word apppear) which is a sign that my face is more moisturised= less seum. But there is a slight sting when i apply the gel- cream near the corners (?) of my nose where the skin is usually red, too thin skin I suppose, so gel- cream takes a little detour there.

on 1/25/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this as my daily moisturizer for almost 2 years now. Its consistency is great for combination to oily skin as it's really light. It does not feel heavy after applying but yet it feels very moisturizing. I first bought it cuz I thought it looked really cool with the gel cream. And now I can't live without it. I have acne prone skin but this moisturizer has never given me any breakouts or whatsoever. I use it after toner and before my primer or night cream. I think this is probably their best product ever.

on 5/12/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is fantastic for younger girls! The consistency is lovely - as the name says, its a gel/cream - so you get this wonderful cool gel that doesn't have that quick-dry alcohol rub feel! It's moisturising but not oily, which is why I think it's great for teenagers prone to oily skin and breakouts. Also great for hot humid weather, doesn't feel sticky as it absorbs quickly and skin continues to feel soft for quite a while! I slather a slightly thicker layer on at night as I sleep with air-conditioning, and when I wake up my skin feels plump and soft. Plus, its CHEAP!!! I think I got it for around 5USD or so. This is completely unsuitable for colder and dryer weather though. I brought it along for my trip to UK recently, almost dried up completely on my skin as soon as I stepped outside.

on 12/20/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh Garnier,you struck gold with this. I think this product is available in Asia only though. It's a gel-cream formula(my favourite kind of consistency because its not too thick but not to thin either).It's green in texture and has a light pleasant scent of green apples. I've used this for quite awhile now and it has made my skin so soft and smooth and somehow my skin is looking clearer as well.It absorbs into the skin which is great.When I wake up in the morning,my skin is clean,smooth,matte and free from the usual greasiness that I wake up with.It's light enough for the day time but hydrating enough for the night as well. It's fantastic.My only gripe is that hate tub containers because of the dipping.I use a spatula to get out the product and I open the tub as quickly and close it as quickly as possible as well to prevent air from entering. I got it on sale because Watsons is having a current discount and Im entirely impressed with this product.Good job Garnier.

Popular Moisturizers