February 1, 2015 | 1947 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Gotbug12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product because it works well at preventing my eye shadows and concealers from creasing and fading. I like the packaging and doefoot applicator and I think the coverage is great (hides the dark pigmentation on my lids) It also doesn't dry out my sensitive eye area and I love how it can be used as a concealer and eye shadow primer.
However, my friends with oilier eye lids find that this creases a lot for them. I find it doesn't intensify the pigments of my eye shadows and is very expensive. I personally find the elf eye lid primer comparable but that doesn't prime under the eyes for concealers. It's quite thick but I like the consistency. I don't like the smell but that faded fairly fast.
I personally love this product as it works really well for me. I would get a sample size to try this out before purchasing large size considering the price and the wide range of reactions to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Artemisian

After loving UDPP so much (my first eye primer) I thought branching out would be a good idea. This was the wrong direction to branch in!! Biggest problem - it simply doesn't work for keeping on shadows. I'm using good quality shadows and they're gone when I leave work - UDPP amazed me that it looked as pigmented and rich as when I left home. Ultimately this thing has one job, and it fails at it. Also - a doefoot applicator, really?? What bright spark had that idea? I know it's not just for eyes, but Christ, I always end up with too much and messy spreading. Summary: expensive ineffective product, would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As always, Benefit have pretty packaging and cute names, so that's not new, but I like them a lot :)

With that said, this is an ok primer. To me, it's too dry and hard to blend to make a good primer and I don't feel that my eyeshadow look more intense with it, as it always look with other primer. For concealer, I think it does an ok job but I prefer to set it with some powder.

I will not purchase a full size of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cjmeyers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always liked Benefit in general, so I was very disappointed in this primer. It creases… BAD! I will stick to Urban Decay primer potion or the Fergie Wet and Wild one. The only pro is that the packaging is very nice. I like the pump rather than the tube. But, when the product doesn't work it doesn't much matter!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by juliacastagna

Even though this has a lot of bad reviews, it is my all time favorite eye primer. I used to use urban decay primer potion, but then I tried this and I loved it way more. It makes my eyeshadow last all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ellejee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this since my HG primer (Two Faced Shadow Insurance) started giving me a rash on my lids. (Luckily I was later to return to using TFSI with no ill effects). This works ok but not great. Hate the applicator, doesn't go on too smoothly. It is better than no primer but I still get creases on my eyeshadow after a few hours. I do feel it is gentler on the skin, so if you have sensitive skin, it is worth trying to see how it works for you, esp since I see Amazon now has trial sizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This is another product that was recommended to me on a vacation after staying up all night and not liking what I saw in the mirror the next morning. I don't wear mascara very often but I really needed to do something as I looked so bad. At any rate as I grabbed my mascara I made the comment that I don't wear it often because I really hate the smudges it leaves on my eye lids, it never fails no matter what mascara I try within an hour or so here come the smudges. So my dd applied the Stay Don't Stray on my eyelids and told me that should stop the smudges...and it really did. All day into the night and no mascara smudges at all. I'll admit I went into a mild panic after she applied it as I do have so many issues with my eyes which is one of the reasons I seldom wear any eye makeup. Happily no issues, no watering, no dry patches, no itchy eyes, nothing! I did purchase the product after I returned home and have used it several times with no troubles at all. I believe it's over priced for the amount of product you get but hey it works on my problematic eyes so I won't complain to loud. Adding this product is a tube with wand applicator.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

Why on earth would I use an eyeshadow primer that CREASES? I am so glad I got a sample and did not pay $$ for this. Super disappointed :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

See below for quick pros and cons.

This is the primer that needs its own primer to work...its like a tiny expensive foundation for the eyes that comes in just one color.

If you have oily lids that need a bullet proof product try Lime-Crime Eyeshadow Helper Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer - expensive but worth it as you only need the tiniest dot. Lorac is also good and NARS pretty close. The only affordable option I would recommend trying (I've seen on reviews consistently works for most people on oily lids ) is Milani which is supposed to be the best of affordable....I haven't tried it yet but it has a good rating here on MUA.

PROS:
Pigmented so it covers veins and pigmentation, can be used to cover dark circles as an undereye concealer if are the right shade

CONS:
Does not actually work as a primer on oily lids, eyeshadow still smudges off
Very dying under the eyes, looks dry and highlights crepeyness you never noticed before
Very dry looking on top of the lids, makes eyeshadows look flaky
Thick and hard to blend
Only one shade - too dark for fair skin
Oxidises brownish orange on my oily skin
Itches my sensitive eyelids

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousKaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Well, this worked to keep my eyeshadow in place, but it gave me zits. On my eyelids. Yeah, that was ~so~ attractive and painless! In opposite world, maybe. Instead I had big pimpes that made it difficult to open my eyes all the way. 0/10 would not eye zit again.