April 23, 2014 | 1796 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was useless. It creased within 2 hours. And not just slightly. It was a mess. By lunch, it looked like there wasn't even eyes hadow on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Crease city! This is a crap product. My eyeshadow creased within 2 hours. Goes on smooth and mattifies the eye but the staying power is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aarendt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did some research on primer's and decided on this brand as i have a few of their other products. I wouldn say that the eye shadow lasts for around 10-12hrs. I don't get creases which is great! The picture on here is an older version of the packaging. Some stores still have the pump. If you get it from Sephora you can get the tube with a stick to make applying easier and less waste. Overall I love this product and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

I mix a bit of this with a tiny bit of high-beam, dab it under my eyes, and it makes a perfect eye-brightening concealer! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Ikvira

I received this as a gift and it works very well for me, but the packaging sucks. It's sanitary but i would rather have it in a jar or squeeze bottle/ tube because when i attempted to use it the first time the product had already separated!!! I was very confused and wondered if i had gotten a bad batch. To salvage it i put it in a little travel sized jar and mixed it till it was even. It still works the way it should. Overall it works well but not worth it if it happens again, maybe i'll give it another shot next time...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Teareal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Easy to apply ( not too sticky ).
It keeps my eye makeup stay for 6-8 hours.
But it crease really bad that I have to use my finger blend it out again and again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by mickansley123

This product should ONLY be used to keep concealer in place, not eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a Benefit value pack with lots of different trial size products. I've been addicted to eye shadow primer since I first tried Urban Decay's primer years ago. Eye shadows usually don't last more than an hour without it. I have pretty normal skin, not too dry, not too oily, but my eyelids do get a little bit greasy at times.

Since I only have the trial version of this product, I cannot comment on the packaging. But the trial version packaging is a small bottle in plastic with a tiny sponge wand applicator.
I do like an applicator to go with a product - Urban Decay's primer used to have one, but they don't have it anymore.

The color is pretty close to my skin color, and I believe I have the lightest version, light/medium. I didn't even know the product was available in two shades.
The product is fluid and more of a lotion, than the Urban Decay primer potion which is more creamy. It does dry down a bit, but I can see why some people experience creasing.

I have only tried the product as a primer for eyeshadow, not for concealers - which the product is supposed to do as well. Compared to Urban Decay's primer the staying power is not particularly good. I tried one lid with primer and one without, even with Benefit eyeshadow, and I cannot say that it made much of a difference. The colors were maybe a tiny bit more vibrant with the primer, but barely noticable. The lasting power was the same.
I think that this is a bit different than Urban Decay's product because it contains vitamins and hydrating ingredients so that it can be used alone and under the eye, which is a sensitive area. Therefore you cannot expect the products to be very similar.
I guess a primer and a hydrating product does not go well together and Benefit would be better off making two different products rather than combining the two. That would give better hydration and better staying power. I probably won't be buying this again as staying power is key when buying a primer. I do like the quirky and cool labels, brand names and packaging, and it's still a fun brand that will remain one of my favorites, but as for the product.. nah.. not so much! Better luck next time Benefit!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Omg worst eye primer ever used. Zero holding power for eyeliner/shadow, SMUDGES my shadow, and the formula separates too easily till it forms a layer of oil. Stay AWAY.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Jakbae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst product ever! Ingredients come out separate- water part and concealer part. It also creases bad, total waste of my money~!