September 23, 2014 | 1066 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite shampoo! I bought it several months ago at the grocery store because it was a good deal and I liked the scent (plus I have had good luck with Suave products over the years). It's so much better than I would have guessed! You don't need much to cleanse your whole scalp, and it lathers nicely. I wash my hair every other day, dry shampooing between washes, and I used to have to wash my hair twice to get it feeling clean and remove any product residue, but I can wash it once with this shampoo and be on my way. I also really like its fresh scent--normally I don't like herbal smells (I personally hate most Aveda products for that reason), but this I enjoy. Obviously that's just a matter of personal preference though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ravebloodnymph

I started using this product after I had to take a shower in my dad's bathroom and used his shampoo, which was the Rosemary and Mint shampoo. I fell in love with the smell (as I'm a sucker for mint) and immediately became obsessed. I bought myself the conditioner and shampoo set just last week and using them together, I really like them.

I think it's a good standard shampoo. It washes your hair pretty nicely, but it's not particularly moisturizing or anything. It definitely works better if you use both the shampoo and conditioner at once.

I don't think I would recommend this to people with super oily-prone hair, as I have noticed if I go a day or two without washing my hair and I use this shampoo, it takes a little bit more effort to get it clean. Still, I think it's a good standard shampoo with a decent price and a heavenly smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far so good. i have oily, fine hair and this gets it very clean. I just hope my luck doesn't run out half way through like the last reviewer mentioned!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Used up a bottle, and liked it at first, but don't think I'll buy again. I was using it along with the rosemary mint conditioner and together, about halfway through the bottle I noticed my hair feeling heavy/greasy and my dandruff coming back. Thanks to MUA, I decided to try Herbal Essences "Drama Clean" about once a week, and now am using Suave's coconut shea dandruff shampoo, and either Suave's natural infusions ginger/honeysuckle or macadamia/orchid conditioner, and sometimes put Dove's intensive repair conditioner on the very ends. Works well so far! I would try Suave's natural infusions argan oil conditioner but the smell of it put me off too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this. I was a little worried it would be too drying for my dry, color treated hair, but it works great. And it smells more of rosemary with just a hint of mint, which I prefer. This has recently disappeared from my drugstore's shelves, so I really hope Suave isn't phasing it out in favor of the new natural/professional shampoos and conditioners they've come out with because both this and the almond & shea products are wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo! This is one of my favorites. I have healthy, bleached blonde hair that I wash only 2-3x per week. The first time I used this I was visiting my mom's house and this was in the shared bathroom my siblings use. I have never been one to shun a drugstore product, nor turn down a high-end product, so naturally I was curious about this shampoo and it's matching conditioner. I was pleasantly surprised by each. Even the conditioner gave my hair the righ amount of "slip" and made my hair clean and bouncy.

In the past, I have used several shampoos and conditioners ranging from Alberto VO5 all the way to Redken. Usually I get halfway thru a bottle and decide I want to try something else, even if still like it. I added this to my "co-wash/rotation selection", as I like to call it. Prior to purchasing Suave, I had been using Giovanni 2chic for its nearly organic ingredients and no SLS when I wasn't clarifying or needing to freshen up my color. While I recommend Giovanni and each of my other shampoos, sometimes I want a nice refreshing lather and I reach for this.

What I like so much about this Suave shampoo is its clean minty scent and how it doesn't dry out my hair when I rinse it out. Of course I always follow up with a conditioner, but this makes me feel really fresh and clean. I have a clarifying shampoo and a purple shampoo that I seldomly use as needed. The price of this plus the scent makes for a stellar shampoo, in my opinion. I haven't used the Aveda line so I can't compare them either. Unless this begins to dry out my hair or give me another reason why my hair wouldn't benefit from it, I'll continue to use this and recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Used this shampoo for a couple days now and it works really well. It cleaned nice but doesn't strip. Not a clarifying shampoo by any means. Lathers nice and rinses out well. The smell is nice and not overpowering. I don't think this does as good a job as salon brands like it claims, but the quality of it is better then typical drug store brands. Btw...I have fine hair. Update 7-29-14 this is one of my all time favorite shampoos! I used to use it once in a while when I got tired of my usual stuff. But I've been using it for a month now and I notice a big different in my hair! It looks and feels healthy and bouncy and not flat. I pair it with the suave professionals damage conditioner (the one that's compared to Pureology but I think it's more like redken all soft) and my hair looks AMAZING! Not a fan of the matching conditioner though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by meowhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite shampoos. I didn't like the conditioner but I love the rosemary mint shampoo. It cleans very well, feels refreshing, and smells great. I just got a huge bottle at Target for under $4 that will last me months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, really like this shampoo & conditioner. I feel that it cleans my hair really well, and never leaves my normal-dry hair feeling heavy or gross. My hair is left shiny, clean, and refreshed after using this shampoo. It lathers up great; removes any hair product junk; leaves a minty scent on the scalp. I currently use it in rotation with 2 other shampoos/conditioners, but have used it exclusively for months & found no problems. Try it! Youll loooove it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I use this occasionally as a clarifying shampoo. I usually follow it with the matching conditioner when I do, or a deep conditioning treatment if it's my Sunday "spa day." As with the conditioner, the scent is soooooooo refreshing! It's never cloying or overly astringent. It has peppermint (also menthol, unfortunately)that actually makes my scalp feel a little tingly; plus subtle, pleasantly herbal-smelling rosemary. Best of all, it's ridiculously cheap (~US$3 for the huge bottle). I wish I could use it every day because my hair feels and smells so lovely and clean afterward, but of course that would be disastrously drying.