November 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - color sensational in Crazy for Coffee

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Ever since I can remember I have always been drawn to brown or beige under toned lipsticks, wearing them all year round (maybe too influenced by being a 90's kid)! I noticed this when I found out wearing these colors is a trend for Fall season. A trend??? I own up to 20 lipsticks that are earthy warm! For me it isn't a seasonal preference; it's an everyday, all year round look! Some of my brown undertoned lipsticks are soft, others dark, I apply them depending on day or evening hours.
I have never been drawn to pink, purple, fucshia or peach lipsticks in my life!
So I was at Walgreens and almost jumped to the roof when I found out Maybelline has a beige/brown section for their Color Sensational lipsticks. I fell in love with all of them but could only choose one! So I went for this shade, Crazy for Coffee!
It is a beautiful warm earthy brown lipstick bullet and it applies smoothly on the lips! It doesn't dry the lips and the color is true to what you might expect. It has a satin finish, but what I mostly love about it is that it can be versatile. You can apply a thin coat for a subtle look or pack it on for nice warm chocolate lips! I absolutely adore it. It is perfect for my preferences and these type of colors combine nicely with my yellow under toned fair skin, red hair and hazel eyes. Adorbs!
These lippies retail for about $7 and I really want to purchase more from this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tmwall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm hot/cold on this lipstick. It's moisturizing, cheap, and readily available, but the color payoff for me is not "colorsensational." I'm dark-skinned with very full, pigmented lips and this gives a soft creamy brown with some gold shimmer. Not really a MLBB color, but just ok, maybe a little boring. It is a good 3 minute face or layering option because it's so basic, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

Lately I've been obsessed recreating the popular 90's look from my childhood - subtle brown lipstick and taupe eyeshadow (Hello, Buffy Summers and Rachel Green.) This color fits the bill. It's a light, caramel brown; not overpowering at all. It was about $6 at Walmart so it's a very decent investment. My only complaint is that the color doesn't last. I can tell I'll have to reapply this pretty frequently. However, with how cheap it is, I doubt I'll mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I wanted a replacement for my all time favorite lipstick: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Bitten Plum, which was discontinued... This isn't exactly the same, it's a bit browner, lighter and warmer on me, but it fills the same space Bitten Plum did- a good everyday colour that makes me look madeup but not over done. It's a bit sheer, and a little glossy, I don't know what other reviewers mean by dry or drying, this is a really soft, non dragging lipstick and is a little hydrating in my view. The smell is like a more artificial vanilla than the one MAC uses. Doesn't feather on my lips, and some softer lipsticks do. A good all rounder, would be a nice MLBB or nude on complexions darker than mine, on me it's present but subtle. As for the tube, I've had mine in my handbag for months- it's a bit scratched, but hasn't cracked, come open or anything. Here in Australia it's a bit expensive, but any folks in the US reading this go and buy it! It's a great subtle colour that would suit nearly everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Java907

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips but slightly better. lol. Exactly what I have been on the hunt for.

One, I have tried every brand and almost every formula. Expensive ones, drug store ones, Mary Kay. I am sooo surprised I didn't not try Maybelline sooner. Best lipstick. Seriously. I love how it feels on my lips. It feels like it's going to be on for a while and it does. It does have a scent like everyone else has mentioned and I like it!

Two, I have been looking for my everyday, carry in my purse lipstick forever!! I love love love this color. I am obsessed with it. Put on at home just to look at it. lol. I am sure the novelty will wear off. Anyways. On me, it's a nude color. Brown with a slight amount of pink. When it starts to fade, it gets a little more pink.

Three, I gave the packaging a 3 because I don't like the squareness. I carry a very small wristlet and round tubes fight better. Otherwise it's ok.

I believe this will look good on everyone and everyone should have this in their lipstick wardrobe for running around on Saturdays. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After I fell in love with Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in "Autumn Rush" and then Maybelline discontinued it I went on a hunt for a similar colour, that's how I happened upon Crazy for Coffee. Autumn Rush may be listed as 265, and Crazy For Coffee may be listed as 275, but there is a major difference.
Crazy For Coffee doesn't show up as deep brown on me. It shows up as a mid-brown with red undertones. It's a little too much like my skin tone in artificial light. In natural light you can see the red in it, which makes it better.
I like Crazy For Coffee, but I don't love it half as much as I love "Autumn Rush". It's not a bad lipstick - I do find myself wearing it - but it pales in comparison with it's sibling Autumn Rush.
The only lipstick I've ever bought twice is Autumn Rush and that's because I really love it. I will not be repurchasing this lipstick, as there are greater lipsticks out there to be worn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

My sister recommended this to me and as she rarely does so I had to get my mitts on this to know what it was all about! Verdict: An elegant natural colour (a mildly darker shade of usual MLBBs) that adds a subtle polish to my office look (all natural colours for eyes and lips), matte cream finish that does need a little balm underneath. Wears very nicely. Cheap. NO SHIMMER/GLITTER - woohoo! I am getting very tired of shimmer lipsticks lately and this is a refreshing alternate. I am a NC35. Please listen to my sister and go buy this, the lady knows it like that !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by bubii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick color. Its really close to my natural lip color. I have dark skin and black hair and it looks great with my complexion. Its like a brownish-red like brick color and its great!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by janicejmb

I am a little afraid to try this one. However, after reading the reviews--will try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't worn brown lipstick in years. At least since 1998. However, I have a tom of pink, red, and plum lipstick, so I decided to try something else. I am so glad that I did. This color looks so good on me. It is really close to my lip color but less pink and more brown. It gives me a polished without being too noticeable look. I do find the formula drying, so I wear chapstick under this. Also, I reapply the chapstick every hour or so. The color fades over time but it takes a few hours. It fades very nicely. No weird lines or feathering.