July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto Voluptuous

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by cherry13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I detest the tube! I love beautiful, classy packaging, and I find this tacky and girly.
At first I also hated the product. I found my lashes turning out looking very long, but also very thin - like there just wouldn't come on enough product.
I found a way to make it work, though: Letting each layer semi-dry before adding another coat adds more volume to the lashes, thus giving both length and volume. Be careful not to end up with a spidery look, though!
It stays put and doesn't flake or smudge and it's easy to remove - it kind of comes off in pieces - and doesn't seem to harm my lashes.
Would probably repurchase, but most likely only if I came across it on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this mascara for only 2 dollars. Yes. Just two. So I just had to pick it up.

The quality of the mascara isn't the best I've tried... It's not exactly smudge-proof, and it doesn't layer on very well after it dries.

It is, however, extremely cute to hold in my purse or lockers! I simply love the design of the bottle, I think it was really crafty of them to shape it like the heel of a red pair of pumps. The top of the tube is also really well built-it snaps into place when you close and open it, so you know that it won't dry out.

The shape of the wand was also pretty unique, I simply love the wand. It's so easy to hold onto (since it's a square handle, not a round one), absolutely no slip grip! The wand really do get into every single lash, even the little ones in the corner of my eyes. I think the wand does just as well as the Maybelline Lots O' Lashes small grabber brush.

I think this mascara is great for people who are starting make up, or want something extremely easy to throw on in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Womp womp wommmmmmmmmm. I always thought this mascara tube was hideous so I would never buy it, but it was 50% off at Meijer and I was grocery shopping with my stepdad and he was buying everything so this was my chance to get this. But it is going back when I have a free day to return the things I did not like. It's mediocre at best.

The reason for the 2 stars was mostly because I liked the brush. It reminds me of a little wiggling caterpillar. I don't like curved brushes but this one is curved, big, fuzzy, and has that part at the end. It's best for pushing up the outer and inner lashes. So it's like an S turned 90 degrees to the right and stretched out east-to-west, instead of a C. It's especially nice on the lower lashes.

Now, that last comment, it's hard to find a good mascara for the lower lashes. I have HG mascaras though, and the ones I have, work nicely. I just love to try it all. Just a suggestion for others.

So why don't I like this mascara ? It took me 3 coats to get my lashes to look like I do when I apply 1 of my HG, which also happens to be a drugstore mascara. My way of applying is doing one coat on top and without putting the wand into more formula, doing the lower lashes. Then "resetting" the wand, and doing the other eye. A HG mascara is amazing at one coat, not three. If they changed the formula and the ugly packaging it could be better.

Stiletto provides no thickness, and average length, mostly separation and definition. It's just not good for upper lashes because you need at least some thickness so that you can really see the length of the lashes. The brush and formula coats the hairs in blackness (and it stays black all day and night long) but in one coat it's not worth the regular price of over $7. It's the most disappointing mascara I've used in a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by cjanne87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the mornings I rarely apply make up, as long as my skin is clear I pretty much just go with a mascara & maybe a bit of blush/bronzer depending on the season. I love love love this mascara, when my previous brand got discontinued I was heartbroken. I tried several MAC products since so much of my make up is from them but I left was disappointed again. I tried this & loved it! It lasts all day & there is no need to reapply at night. At night, it is easy to take off with just some warm water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the original Lash Stiletto mascara and I thought I give this one a try too as it was 60% off at Shoppers Drug Mart. I really like this mascara as it not only adds mega length to my lashes like the original version, but decent volume without getting clumpy. Wears all day without flaking or causing my lashes to look heavy and droop. I've already gone back and purchased the waterproof version (also 60% off) for my bottom lashes as I prefer waterproof formulas for those lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by meganofindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used dozens of mascaras, from drug store brands to department stores... In general;

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by KrystalKat18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for $6 as it was on sale and I was running out of my beloved maybelline one by one mascara. The formula looked thicker then my one by ine so I was scared it was going to clump, but I got home and tried it and fell in love. It's my new fav. It make my lashes SO long! It gives them volume and a slight curl. I absolutely love the packaging, it looks to expensive and sleek. I also love how it's like the heel of a stiletto. It's does clump a bit after a few coats but it's not terribly bad and is easy fixed by breaking them up with your fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this for three months now, and overall I feel a bit meh about this mascara.

Pros:
Lengthening
Adds a slight curl due to brush
Wet formula allows me to build more coats
Can reach outer and inner corners easily
Very cute packaging!

Cons:
Can get very spidery and clumpy
You cannot layer coats once dry otherwise your lashes will stick together!
Wet formula takes ages to dry so its a hassle in the mornings
Not very versatile - you cant add more coats on for night time
Brush is basically a gimick
Not very consistent - sometimes this fans my lashes out beautifully, other times it clumps them
Does not taper my lashes so that its thick at the base and slim at the tips
Flakes and smudges on me (esp on lower lashes)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by JazMinnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! It makes my lashes really long and i've gotten compliments about it ;) the mascara is thinly based so it doesn't clump and sometimes what i like to do is swipe it on my very outer lashes to give that cat eye look because the wand is quite thin, the wand has curves in it as well so u can choose to have volume or length, this mascara leaves a very clean look if you apply properly and it doesn't flake or smudge.