October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto Voluptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

What do I look for in a mascara? I look for something that will lengthen , volumize , won't clump and will stay put for the WHOLE day. This mascara would probably be the best mascara I have ever purchased due to its longevity and ability to really extend my lashes. I've tried Estee Lauder , I've tried Clinique and I've tried Chanel and NONE of them do half of what this mascara does!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this on sale for $2 so I had to try it, finally. And at first I didn't think it was anything special. It just looked like every other mascara I've tried over the years. But after a few uses, it was the right consistency and looks great. It gives great volume and length. Usually one coat is enough. This has possibly become my favorite mascara, I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my favorite mascaras. I'm a girl on a budget so I tend to alternate between about 3 mascaras depending on what's on sale when I need to buy more, & if this is, it's my first choice. I've tried the regular Lash Stiletto in the black tube as well, & I personally don't find there to be a huge difference between this & the original, but I like this one a little bit better. It's a 'wetter' formula, which I happen to prefer. The brush has lots of tightly packed bristles & does a good job at gripping the lashes & getting all of them. It gives good volume & length & doesn't get clumpy and lasts all day. The reason I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 is because the brush is a bit long, so it's not as convenient doing bottom lashes with it. But all in all a great mascara, & seems to do the most for my lashes over other mascaras (and I've tried alot!)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by cherry13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I detest the tube! I love beautiful, classy packaging, and I find this tacky and girly.
At first I also hated the product. I found my lashes turning out looking very long, but also very thin - like there just wouldn't come on enough product.
I found a way to make it work, though: Letting each layer semi-dry before adding another coat adds more volume to the lashes, thus giving both length and volume. Be careful not to end up with a spidery look, though!
It stays put and doesn't flake or smudge and it's easy to remove - it kind of comes off in pieces - and doesn't seem to harm my lashes.
Would probably repurchase, but most likely only if I came across it on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this mascara for only 2 dollars. Yes. Just two. So I just had to pick it up.

The quality of the mascara isn't the best I've tried... It's not exactly smudge-proof, and it doesn't layer on very well after it dries.

It is, however, extremely cute to hold in my purse or lockers! I simply love the design of the bottle, I think it was really crafty of them to shape it like the heel of a red pair of pumps. The top of the tube is also really well built-it snaps into place when you close and open it, so you know that it won't dry out.

The shape of the wand was also pretty unique, I simply love the wand. It's so easy to hold onto (since it's a square handle, not a round one), absolutely no slip grip! The wand really do get into every single lash, even the little ones in the corner of my eyes. I think the wand does just as well as the Maybelline Lots O' Lashes small grabber brush.

I think this mascara is great for people who are starting make up, or want something extremely easy to throw on in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Womp womp wommmmmmmmmm. I always thought this mascara tube was hideous so I would never buy it, but it was 50% off at Meijer and I was grocery shopping with my stepdad and he was buying everything so this was my chance to get this. But it is going back when I have a free day to return the things I did not like. It's mediocre at best.

The reason for the 2 stars was mostly because I liked the brush. It reminds me of a little wiggling caterpillar. I don't like curved brushes but this one is curved, big, fuzzy, and has that part at the end. It's best for pushing up the outer and inner lashes. So it's like an S turned 90 degrees to the right and stretched out east-to-west, instead of a C. It's especially nice on the lower lashes.

Now, that last comment, it's hard to find a good mascara for the lower lashes. I have HG mascaras though, and the ones I have, work nicely. I just love to try it all. Just a suggestion for others.

So why don't I like this mascara ? It took me 3 coats to get my lashes to look like I do when I apply 1 of my HG, which also happens to be a drugstore mascara. My way of applying is doing one coat on top and without putting the wand into more formula, doing the lower lashes. Then "resetting" the wand, and doing the other eye. A HG mascara is amazing at one coat, not three. If they changed the formula and the ugly packaging it could be better.

Stiletto provides no thickness, and average length, mostly separation and definition. It's just not good for upper lashes because you need at least some thickness so that you can really see the length of the lashes. The brush and formula coats the hairs in blackness (and it stays black all day and night long) but in one coat it's not worth the regular price of over $7. It's the most disappointing mascara I've used in a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by cjanne87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the mornings I rarely apply make up, as long as my skin is clear I pretty much just go with a mascara & maybe a bit of blush/bronzer depending on the season. I love love love this mascara, when my previous brand got discontinued I was heartbroken. I tried several MAC products since so much of my make up is from them but I left was disappointed again. I tried this & loved it! It lasts all day & there is no need to reapply at night. At night, it is easy to take off with just some warm water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the original Lash Stiletto mascara and I thought I give this one a try too as it was 60% off at Shoppers Drug Mart. I really like this mascara as it not only adds mega length to my lashes like the original version, but decent volume without getting clumpy. Wears all day without flaking or causing my lashes to look heavy and droop. I've already gone back and purchased the waterproof version (also 60% off) for my bottom lashes as I prefer waterproof formulas for those lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by meganofindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used dozens of mascaras, from drug store brands to department stores... In general;