October 25, 2014 | 1161 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Metallic Long Wear Cream in Brown Metal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've surprisingly gotten a lot of use from this product. I use it as a base for other cream and powder eyeshadows. It is shimmery, but not so over the top that I have too much glimmer on my eyelids. For something with metallic sparkles in it, it glides over the skin very well and I can apply it easily with either my fingers or a synthetic brush. I can also layer it to intensify the sparkle effect. I heard it may be one of the discontinued shades from a sales associate. Not positive, but if it is going away I plan on purchasing a couple of backups!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. I wear it mostly during the day, in a very thin layer applied with my finger. The effect is definitely glittery, but in a soft sheen sort of way, similar to the effect of an eye gloss, with much better staying power. This shade does crease a bit on my oily lids if worn alone, but much less than other products, and it's easily fixable and not very noticeable since the colour is sheer. And unlike powder glitter, it doesn't migrate, so it's great for contact lens wearers.
The name Brown Metal is misleading, as it is not really brown at all. It has a very sheer beige-ish base, and the tiny glitter itself is silver, pink and blue. However, the colours are very soft, so the overall effect is a subdued beige/silver.
I personally don't like applying this shade heavily or with a brush, it becomes much too frosty for my liking. This shade would be great to put over other cream shadows for extra sparkle.
I think it's a shame that many people associate Bobbi Brown only with the natural/professional look, since this cream shadow or the one in Black Pearl (metallic) would be amazing as casual wear for 24h glam party girls or glitter-loving teenagers (since there are plenty of options around for vibrant party/night-time glitter, but it's very rare to find long wearing quick to apply subtle glitter). Basically anyone for whom daytime make-up means "less glitter" rather than "no glitter" would love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

this is a very light brown with lots of sparkle/shimmer. Not very pigmented but still a great color. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Brown Metal is one of Bobbi's new metallic long wear creams. I like almost all of Bobbi Brown's shadows and especially the long wear creams. I found this one to be quite beautiful. It is indeed metallic, just as it says, and I find that it works best as a highlight over other shadows. Like the other metallic long wear creams that I have tried, it does not have much pigment but ads a nice, sheer sparkle when used with other shadows. I would certainly buy this one again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No