September 1, 2014 | 1940 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Tinted Eye Brightener 2012 Reformulation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money for me, I'm afraid. While I like the wide range of colours, at the end of the day this product doesn't do its job.

I found the pen hard to use and the bristles useless because it was tough on my eye - I would just use my fingers anyway! It's hard to control how much product comes out when you twist it, too.

While it did lighten my under eye circles, after a few hours it settled into the creases under my eye, which made things look pretty bad.

The original eye brightener in the pot was amazing and I wished that hadn't been discontinued. If you're looking for a similar product to that, stay away from this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This product has been reformulated. The line has colours with undertones of either pink or peach and it is a fairly wide range. It is meant to brighten the undereye area and since I have shadows not dark circles this really does an excellent job. The formula is light weight and it sinks into the skin nicely. I use Clarins primer underneath and I find that a few minutes after I apply it the product settles into lines but then I buff it again and its good for the whole day. It is also in a new package which is a tube with a doe foot applicator but I use a brush anyway. It is a very good product and I am alternating it with Bare Escentuals Stroke of Light which is yellow based. It is much too expensive however for what it is and that is why I gave it a 4 rating. $30 bucks come on!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

I could kick myself that I got talked into buying this as it is a bad product on so many levels. I was buying a Bobbi Brown blusher and the assistant showed this product to me and put it on me, I must have been feeling frivolous as I bought it. Why oh why didn't I read the reviews on here first? The first problem is the packaging - you twist and twist the pen and nothing comes out so you continue twist then a load of product spurts out meaning a lot is wasted. I have tried twisting the pen very slowly to avoid this but it makes no difference. The second problem is the smell, its hard to describe but its a kind of musty smell and I really don't like it, I guess it doesn't linger long once on the fact but it doesn't make using the pen a pleasurable experience. And my third and final problem is the results - I think the colour is a bit too pinky for me and does nothing for me - when the assistant put it on me I was looking at the results in not great light (in the Selfridges beauty Hall) - in the cold light of day its not impressive.

So I have wasted over Ģ20 on this and don't even feel like I can pass it to a friend to give it a try because it smells so funky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely hate this product and am so disgusted with myself for being talked into it by the BB girl at my department store. First of all...tiniest package ever and for almost $40? WOW. I have no problem spending money on a good product, but the packaging is the worst, in addition to the price. Those brushes are tricky. I dialed it up over a dozen of times without any product coming out. I was thinking it was defective until a whole spray came out, wasting a bunch of it. Ugh! I tried it and I am not even remotely impressed. I am fair, so the girl picked the Peach color for me and it just does absolutely nothing for my dark circles which is what I complained about to begin with. I went in to buy a lipstick in Brownie because I read in a magazine that it was the perfect pinky-brown and I like that a lot, but I got talked into a bunch of other crap and quite frankly, I am not please with this line at all. The girl who tried some products on me started with a 2 step concealer which she slathered on and patted in. It felt like spackle. I opted for a lighter version, having tried a lot of other concealers/brighteners and cannot deal with too much weight on my face. I am just all around not pleased with the product, the package, or the price. Bobbi Brown, you will not be my new make-up line. Sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by yorkie1023

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this~so surprised of all the negative reviews! Covers without being cakey, and brightens eye area. Switched from Cle de peau several years ago and still using. Not thrilled with the way the pen works though~hard to get the right amount out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Tokyo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a bummer that Bobbi fixed something that "wasn't broke"....the previous eye brightener in the pot was genius. This has been reformulated and the colors/formula miss the mark in just about every way. Not everyone loves the "pen" correctors but I guess that has been the trend lately. Unfortunately a great product got lost in the translation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very unhappy with this. I wanted to love this, I wanted this to work on me.

I do not use Touche Eclat or other brighteners or concealers under my eyes as I do not have dark circles, I am a baggy kind of person.

A MUA did a make-over and I bought everything she used, even this one. I ASKED her if this would accentuate the fine lines under my eyes, and she said "No, because it is a liquid". Well - duh -.

The color, porcelain peach, is nice, but it makes my under eye area look worse and, yes, accentuates the fine lines.

I use a good moisturizer underneath, too (La Mer Intense Eye Balm) and still.

Well thatīs some of my hard-earned money Iīll never see again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this product in porcelain peach.

I actually don't mind the pen formulation, but I never had the chance to try it in a pot.

I twist up a bit and put about dots under each eye and then blend it by dabbing it, not rubbing it.

Because I do not use it daily, one tube has lasted about 5 months, but I suspect with daily use you would be looking at about a month's worth of product in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by JESSICA85

I am one of the people that used and LOVED this product in its orginal pot form. The original pot form was a little more opaque and contained .25 oz!! for $32 this is .05 for $36 so its 1/5 of the poduct for 4 more dollars?? What a rip off! I usually dont complain about the price of a good quality makeup, but this new formula being thinner/less opaque requires more product and comes with less product...no thanks. Shame because I love the idea of the Bobbi Browns corrector shades. They should have just put this in a tube with a wand or squeeze tube and kept it at .25 oz I would be purchasing this forever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown- Tinted Eye Brightener

My skin type is normal can be dry if I don't moisturize.
If you go on Youtube or speak with a professional artist you'll hear alot of conflicting opinions about under eye concealers (VERY confusing!): some say go two to three shades lighter than your foundation, others say don't go lighter go brighter, etc. UGH! So I've been experimenting on my own trying different shades and products.
While I do not have extreme dark circles, recently I noticed my under eye area looking darker and more tired due to some lifestyle changes and stress, so I had been researching under eye concealers/cover up. I use Bobbi Brown Foundation and makeup, so I bought this. I've been using it for well over a month.
Here's my review:
Texture: Medium liquid consistency. It does set or dry quickly. Non-greasy.
Color: I used Bisque. It has a light pink undertone, this was the one recommend by the BBrown artist.
Finish: Dries quickly and to a matte finish: it's not glossy, shiny or glittery which is great.
Application: A pen applicator. You twist the top and a bit of the product comes off on the end. This is a cumbersome design. You can twist and twist and nothing comes out OR you twist (click) and a burst of product comes out all at once. It is not a cheap product, so you can easily waste a lot. I use my favorite concealer brush to apply and also use a finger to smooth in any excess and blend.
Performance: I noticed no significant difference in covering this under eye area, if anything it added a slight (pink) tone to this area. It could have been a wrong match of color but truthfully the Garnier 2 in 1 Eye Roller (see my review) did a much better job at fraction of price.
Odor: Clean smell.
Cost: High end.
Bought at: Saks Fifth Avenue
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: POOR.
While I like Bobbi Brown's line, for the cost and faulty packaging I do not recommend this product.