October 2, 2014 | 1580 users online

Deodorants - Secret - Smooth Effects

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

This product is apparently being discontinued, at least in the store that I work at, so I stocked up. I have it in silky botanical and it smells beautifully fresh. Does a good job at keeping me smelling nice all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by electroTABBY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I refuse to use another deodorant after using this one!! Seriously, best I've ever used. It smells AMAZING, lasts hours and hours on end after taking a shower, I will still smell it on me 12 hours later when I get home. It keeps everything at bay, and I feel so fresh and clean every time I use it.

The only minor issue is sometimes when I put a shirt on too quickly after using it, I get those horrible white pit marks on it lol! But if I wait a few minutes, it's fine and no white marks.

Love love love this deodorant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this in sensitive (which has no smell to it). The others in this line smelled pretty awful and I wear perfume so the smells would compete. Anyways, I really like this. After a normal day of work my under arms are always soaking wet. Perspiration is my only issue as I don't tend to really smell while sweating (BO). I like that this comes in a lotion-like formula instead of solid or gel. This is not clear and will leave white marks on clothing if you're not careful. I've been wearing this for 4 days straight and I like it. My under arms only end up slightly damp at the end of the day. A nice little bonus is that this leaves my under arms feeling really soft. I haven't notice it helping me to shave less though. I am a very hairy woman and I'd have to shave daily to keep my armpits hair-free (it's twice a day for my legs).
3/6/12 update: This doesn't keep me fully dry. I'm moving onto something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by xchavirax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This helped my armpits with irritation, it soothed them so that I have them less often. The smell is amazing.! :D I get tons of compliments on them from everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the conditioning solid variety, and I like all the different scents. My favorite used to be smooth powder, but at the moment I'm liking wildflower fresh. This stuff is the best out there for wetness and odor protection. Once you put it on, it is one less thing to worry about because it is flat out not an issue. I think it has such great coverage because of the creamy texture, giving you the odor seal of a liquid with the convenience of a solid. As long as you give it a chance to dry, which it does very quickly, you won't get streaks on your clothes and I have yet to have it cause a stain.

I do have an issue with the packaging, as it is sometimes difficult to turn the knob that advances the product. Especially if there is any moisture in the air, like in the bathroom after a shower, your knob can stick and your hand slip, which has resulted in a few minor injuries. Now I just use whatever is nearby, like a piece of tissue or a towel, to turn the knob for me, and there isn't a problem. Because of that design flaw, I gave only four lippies. The product claims that using it will make you need to shave less, but I haven't really seen anything definitive on the subject. I've been using it for 7 years now, and I still shave just as often.

I used to try men's deodorants, thinking they would work better. But it turns out to be the exact opposite due to social convention. Nobody bats an eye if a guy sweats a bit, but women are held to a higher standard. Therefore, women's deodorant formulas are designed to maintain the illusion that women never sweat or smell bad. Secret's conditioning solid is the best of the best, ensuring that no matter what happens throughout the day, you'll still smell as fresh as after the morning shower. Bottom line - superb deodorant and antiperspirant that is smooth as silk and as impenetrable as a wall of steel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the fresh crisp smell! I apply one click under each arm and it lasts all day, even at the end of a good workout. I get compliments on how good I smell all the time with this deodorant. I've even had friends lift my arm to take a whiff of my armpits... Weird... But that's just how great it smells!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite antiperspirant/deodorant. It just works great, and I have nothing to add over what the others have said. An item of note is that the packaging on this product works better than that of its predecessors. In the older versions, the product seemed to leak out of the bottom, making the whole container slippery/sticky. Doesn't happen with this version. I use the Silky Botanical scented one, which doesn't have a strong smell and doesn't compete with my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

This is my HG deodorant. You use this, and you aren't going to smell even the slightest whiff of B.O. or feel the slightest bit of moisture. I have used this in Smooth Powder and Silky Botanical, both work great but I prefer the scent of Silky Botanical. It smells very fresh and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by hamsley72

This is a antiperspirant that has a great fresh powder scent. It claims that you will shave less often. I didn't have that happen to me. I have loved secret for over 20 years. I was 12 when I started wearing secret and I try to never stray from this brand. I love it. Not too fond of the new packaging. It makes it look as if your getting more but it's sides are see threw. Nothing in it. I have always worn the powder scent and this one is great as well. I will pick this up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I get it in Silky Botanical and it smells so fresh. I have eczema so basically anything can irritate my skin. Not this. It calms my sensitive underarm skin like nothing else. The only thing I don't like is how messy the container can get since it's sort of like a cream/lotion. It can get all over the rim. It's completely worth it though.