July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Top Secrets Pore Refiner Skincare Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by eliselotus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really agree with PanPan70 and FleurDefendue! I have similar experience. I bought this pore minimizer thinking that YSL is a big brand, their product must be good. How wrong I was! The gold writings on the tube started to fade (!) I don't really like the brush design, as I think it is the best place to store germs. The cream has a soap smell, it is OK, but not my favourite. The cream itself makes my skin feels tight. I feel like there is a strong pull on my skin, just like the Clinique toner! (totally agree with PanPan70 and FleurDefendue!). I ended up throwing away the Clinique toner. It was just too harsh on my skin. I haven't thrown away this YSL pore minimise yet.

I have to say I still haven't found any cream that will actually minimise pores. I have tried YSL, Clarins pore minimizing serum and the L'Occitane divine cream. Nothing worked. While applying nice creams gave me pleasant experiences, I have to say none of the cream managed to turn time back!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

This product made my skin look smooth and silky, with our without additional make-up i.e. foundation. That said, I also experienced a horrible breakout within the first 48 hours. I waited 1 week, tried it again and had the same reaction. The brush is messy and difficult to clean. If it become available without a brush and your skin is not sensitive to the product it is okay at best.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by emmaveronica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always carry this with me when I travel, It's great for those huge post-flight pores. Be careful and don't use while flying though - the cabin pressure will make all of the product come out at once (but i guess that goes for most liquid products)! I use it in the T-zone and it kind of makes my skin feel a bit tight, bit it's temporary and I do have dry skin but during flights i moisturize so much I go as shiny as a new penny... It really makes all of the shine go away in a sweep. Not to good for applying under foundation though, kind of "rolls of", better for make up-free days. (The correct name is 'Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Pore Refiner Skincare Brush', can we change it...?)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenbell94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this, since my skin is very oily i think i need something a little bit more abrasive and i think this did the job. This kept me fresh for about 4 hours (quite a lonnngggg time for me!). It did make me breakout a little bit but it was nothing i couldn't handle and i just think it's because of the silicone in it and my skin will just have to get used to it. (:
I really don't like the packaging, i hate how the fluid comes out of the brush so it makes it all messy and awkward but i think that's its only flaw, so far anyway!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This broke me out like no tomorrow. I had 4 huge and painful zits within the first 48 hours of wearing this. It felt heavy and it felt like it suffocated my skin. This went right back to the store. it is a pricey product @ $62 Cdn (before taxes) with very below-par performance and quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't agree more with PanPan. I also tried a sample. I could feel the alcohol (yes, just like Clinique Toner #2 from the eighties, the 3-step etc...) and the tingling feeling was not tolerated well by my combination but sensitive skin. No pore minimizing at all neither any good result as a primer (it didn't make my skin softer or helped with the foundation/makeup). Worst of all, it broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a nice sized sample of this from Sephora. The second ingredient in it is alcohol and it made my face sting when I applied it. I didn't really see any pore minimizing effect from it at all and was oily within two hours. I like the packaging but the product itself reminded me of those horrible Clinique toners from the eighties that were more medieval torture product than skin care. No likey!