October 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Conditioner - Prive Formule Aux Herbes Concept VERT Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! This conditioner ( and the matching shampoo) is the bomb! I have the worst hair and this makes it soft and shiny. Best conditioner I have used and I have used hundreds! HG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wrote a review on the shampoo in the same line. My hair is waist length of medium thickness and I had a 1 ounce sample that lasted me about 6 or 7 washings. I am a hairstylist so I get to use alot of different products and I have my favorites. I'm picky about conditioners, I want my hair to feel soft, be able to comb through easily, no filmy residue and alotta shine. I have to say this hit the mark on every single count! It's pricey but the fact that it very concentrated its able to go far. The canister is aluminum and its pump dispensed so it expands when it comes out. You can return the cans where you purchased them and they are sent back to Prive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will get this in my salon so I can buy with my discount!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG and I can't believe I haven't written a review yet! I've been using this for about 6 months, along with the shampoo, and am STILL in love. This review is very similar to the one for the shampoo because they are similar products :o)

The company Prive is relatively new I think, and their new Concept VERT line is sulfate-, paraben-, and sodium-free. It also comes in an aluminum can that you can recycle! I take mine back to my hair stylist and I get a credit for the next can.

What makes this conditioner so interesting is that it comes out almost like a mousse. Its not a liquid. You press down on the pump, like you would with a mousse or gel shaving cream, and this rich, creamy gel comes out and as you rub it in your hands its texture becomes mousse-like, but much richer. The conditioner is more rich than the shampoo. Then you rub it through your hair and rinse like you would any other conditioner. You can leave in for a few minutes if you like, I notice my hair is a bit softer when I do that. Be careful not to leave it in for too long though or your hair will be more weighed down.

The cool thing is with this type of texture is that you only need to dispense the tiniest amount because it turns into all this foam. The drawback is that if you're not careful, you will dispense to much and end up with more product than you know what to do with! It took me awhile to be careful with how much I dispense.

This leaves my hair super soft without feeling coated. I have very fine/thin hair and this doesn't weight it down at all (unless I leave in for too long). It makes it shiny and very healthy. I have naturally very dry hair, and I blowdry and straighten it so much I've always dealt with split ends etc. This is by far the best conditioner I've ever used in that it makes my hair look and feel healthier. I've even used it with other shampoos and it always leaves my hair healthy and shiny.

It is pretty pricey, $27 dollars or so. But I did have one can for 5 full months, which is longer than a bottle of pureology got me.

Oh ya, and the smell is DIVINE. My boyfriend always comments how much he loves the smell of my hair now :o) its sort of hard to describe, kind of sweet and light and floral all mixed into one.

As for the ingredients (listed below), there are several essential oils which I was very concerned about when I first started using it because I have such sensitive skin, but I have not had any problems at all.

Ingredients: Agave Rigida (Sisal) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Extract , Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Cympobogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Quercus Alba (White Oak) Bark Extract, Glycerin, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Silicone Quaternium-18, Glutamic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Polyquaternium-7, Isobutane, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.