November 20, 2014 | 1778 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - MaDame

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Rashmithomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourites. It smells like bubblegum. I love the big bottle and the fact that the scent lasts all day. Whenever I wear it,I always get compliments. I am a huge fan of sweet, "pink" scents so this is right up my alley. when it eventually does run out, I will get another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by dreamsXthatXglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this back in 2011 and loved it and still do! it smells like sweets like those flying saucer sweets with a sour hint and although it's an edt it does last a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by LucieP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MaDame comes in two different concentrations, EDP and EDT, and in my opinion they are two very different scents. The EDT was simply vile on my skin, a loud citrusy fruity floral.

The EDP, on the other hand, belongs to my favourite fragrances. It is citrusy, rather sweet and contains some strange note that reminds me of a vinyl raincoat. The scent is definitely not a quiet fragrance that wears easily and on every occasion, but if you are in the right mood for something lively and slightly extravagant, you can try this. Be careful when applying this scent - one or two squirts are completely sufficient and last many hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is a sickeningly sweet, creamy, powdery, headache-inducing nightmare. I asked my 8 year old son to smell it and tell me what he thought, and he said, "Mom, I don't like it. It tickles my nose in a bad way. Don't make me smell it again!" Enough said.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kpongy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was sold on the pink iridescent bottle, and only read reviews to make my purchase decision. I love the notes of grenadine and orange, but I did not expect the 'star anise' notes to be so strong. At first I though the scent had very powdery middle notes and I do not like powdery scents. I later googled 'star anise' and found out that it is the flavoring for black licorice! That was definitely was I was smelling, and I dont like black licorice or powdery scents so I will be giving this to the women's shelter. The star anise makes the perfume very heavy and sweet.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recieved the fragrance as a sample in a magazine. its quite an energizing fragrance - very zesty and fruity. But its not me and i dont like it at all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift for our anniversary. My husband likes it, but it's a bit strong for me. It smells better when it's fading off. It's good, not my favorite though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by stilllovely

Everytime I went into a department store I would spray myself with this. I'm so glad I got it in a swap!

The bottle is gorgeous- it is a square-ish clear bottle with an electric orangey-pink bottom finish that reflects throughout the glass bottle.

The scent is bright and energising. It makes me happy just smelling it. There is a definate citrus note bit I also get the floral notes and maybe a hint of a vanilla base.

This perks me up on sad days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

I like the pomegranate note and its interpretations in fragrances as the fruit is capable of taking many forms from sweet notes to more tart or even bitter ones. My favourites so far have been Miss Boucheron and Midnight Rain and I was quite interested in Ma Dame because of the grenadine, thinking that it would be lively but sweet when combined with the rose. Yet, my experience was far from it. Ma Dame left me cold with a crystal clear, metallic, fizzy interpretation. I could get a vivid smell but it didn't connote any liveliness to my nose. I also found it too sporty for myself. Still, I believe it can be quite impressive on the right person. And the bottle boasts the best design I have ever seen I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always loved this floral and light fragrance and squirted it on at Sephora whenever I pass through. I get lots of compliments from men on this fragrance. I spotted 3.3 fl oz of perfume at TJ Maxx for $24.00, so I snatched it up right away. The packaging is different than the normal bust of a woman, she is tucked in a large square, so I thought I'd include a picture. Notes:
Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber.
Style:
Lively and audacious, sparkling and delicious.

Wish I'd bought the Ferragamo body lotion that was there, it smelled like Fendi, but I have such sensitive skin.