September 21, 2014 | 2076 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Boots - Natural Collection Vanilla Musk Body Lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

A gorgeous sweet vanilla scent- quite refreshing to use as well as it is in a watery pump-action formula. It is in a large bottle, so great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mel2

a really nice body lotion, cheap and a big bottle. I apply body lotion everyday so it didn't last very long but ah well, its only cheap so can easily afford it :)
It's quite thick which I don't really like on body lotion but thought it seemed quite moisturising and it smells really nice

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very happy with this body lotion. It comes in a 8.4 oz- 250ml bottle with a pump that locks and a nice, discreet design on the front. The lotion is of medium thickness, glides well on the skin and is absorbed easily. My skin feels supple and soft.The scent is the best part of it: to my nose, it is a mix between a sweet vanilla-marshmallow scent and a light musk. The result is a soft vanilla scent that blends with the skin. It is sweet, light and unique. While the scent is not strong, I find that it lingers well. If I apply this before bed, I can still smell it in the morning. I can easily layer this scent with vanilla perfumes. The price was excellent at about $5 for the bottle. I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this body lotion to layer with some vanilla perfumes that I have. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't seem to smell much like either vanilla or musk on me. It smells quite nice in the bottle, but on my skin it just turns to skin scent. It's quite sticky to apply, too, although it sinks in after a few minutes and does leave my skin feeling nice and soft.
I'm going to use up my bottle, but I don't think I'll repurchase. Oh well, at least it was very cheap!
Edited to note that I do not think Boots are trying to emulate TBS White Musk with this, like somebody said below. They sell an Ice Musk line which is far more similar to White Musk. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked this clean, subtle blend of musk and vanilla, so I nursed my bottle of it, as the nearest Boots is 3,000 miles away! It comes in a great bottle with it's own sealable pump -- good plus -- and the lotion is lightweight and moisturizing. The only downsize to this is that it doesn't last very long. After a few months, the scent sort of disappeared and the lotion got runny.

Of course lotions, unlike a fine wine, generally don't age well, I was just reluctant to finish it up because I knew I couldn't get more. Silly me! Just enjoy it while it lasts! Boots has some great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2002 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

Vanilla Musk is Boots' stab at emulating the Body Shop's fantastically popular White Musk scent. Boots' effort is slightly sharper and faker than the original - but at less than half the price (only 2.50 a bottle)this is something I can ignore in a body lotion. The lotion itself contains cocoa butter, sinks in easily and provides light moisturising only. The scent is not particularly strong or invasive once on, so it could successfully be used as a base for other scents. Matching body spray, bath essence and shower gel are also available.