October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lip Treatments - Paula's Choice - Lip Recovery Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

This balm is great for seriously chronically dry lips. It has a waxy thick texture that made it a bit hard to spread on my lips, so at first I thought it wouldn't penetrate well when I put it on at night.But the next day my lips were very smooth, peel-free and felt like they had been exfoliated. So the effect of this is very long-lasting and really changes the texture of your lips overnight, unlike most lip balms which only moisturize lips for a few hours. I 'd only use this as a night balm though because of its waxy texture--it takes a while to sink in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate this stuff. I used and loved the former Lip & Body Treatment Balm for years. This is supposedly the exact same formulation, but the three tubs I bought were all extremely gritty in texture and difficult to apply. I am also unhappy with the small size and the hefty price rise. I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by amberw22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has tons of amazing ratings on her website so I decided to try it. It wasn't for me. It's a very hard waxy texture which is hard to spread. I also didn't thing it lasted very long. I ended up using it as a cutical balm. It performed fine for this function but I was just trying to use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by valentynka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunatelly I do not care for this - too waxy, hard to spread, the container unhygienic, though small enough to carry in purse. It is however fragrance&preservative&irritant free.
Now 50% off, I still think the price {3.58$} is high - hope it is being reformulated.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to say I'm not happy with this product at all, mainly because I used to use the Lip and Body Treatment Balm which has now been repackaged as Lip Recovery Balm in a pot about a third of the size (just over 5ml and previously was 15ml) for about the same price as the original larger one. I had thought the original was pricey enough for the lip balm, but to repackage at this size with roughly the same price to me is ridiculous. According to Paula's Choice, this repackaging was due to consumers wanting a smaller size to carry - good idea but why has it increased so dramatically in price. I can't bring myself to repurchase it or any Paula's Choice products after this. I am on the hunt for a new HG lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MissGena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip product ever!!! I have tried (and wasted $$$ on) SO MANY different kinds...this has all of them beat!!! VERY moisturizing and long lasting! This isn't something I would wear under lipstick every day because it's nice and thick...but i have before (just blot lips before you put color.) This is best worn at night. It doesn't really have a taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best lip balm I have ever used....it moisturizes....seems to plump and fill...LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

After posting a glowing review (that I will now have to change) on Aquaphor, I thought I was done searching for that perfect lip treatment for keep winter chapping at bay. Well, I was wrong. Although I kept using Aquaphor, I developed chapped lips that were not healing. Looked at the *original* product name and reviews for this and thought I'd give it a go. My flakiness is now resolved and I now have *another* fave Paula product. The reason I'm not give this five lippies, however, is because this stuff is a little pricey. I think I paid $7.95 + shipping-and that's a little much to pay for lip balm (I think). That said, this is a great product. Will continue to purchase, if I can. UPDATE: Upping this to five lippie status, as I've found this to be HG worthy. No other lip balm comes close.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kmbirkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is literally my biggest HG, #1 desert-island product of all time. I will update this review later on to add more of my personal thoughts on this product when I have time, but in the meantime, I felt it was important to add this product to P'ville and pass on some relevant information.

This is the EXACT SAME PRODUCT as Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm (see MUA reviews here). Not a "dupe," but exactly the same. Paula's Choice has simply renamed and repackaged the Lip & Body Treatment Balm; the ingredients have not changed at all. Unfortunately, it's more expensive per ounce now, though the overall price is lower:

The old Lip & Body Treatment Balm was $10.95 for a 0.5 ounce tub ($21.90/ounce).
The new Lip Recovery Balm is $7.95 for a 0.19 ounce tub ($41.84/ounce).
For reference, a tube of ChapStick is $1.69 for a 0.15 ounce tube ($11.26/ounce).

With that said, the Paula's Choice balm is WORTH THE DIFFERENCE. I would be very mad at them if they ever actually decided to charge this much, but I'd pay $100/ounce or more if I had to. continued >>

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No