Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 2/8/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, um.......no. I am a huge fan of Dior Blackout curling mascara, but bought this thinking it might be better. Wrong. For the price, this is a terrible mascara and I'm actually returning it to Sephora today. It clumps like crazy and you end up with like, three spikes instead of gorgeous, lifted, fanned out lashes like I get with the other Dior mascara. I don't care for the brush, either. Packaging is gorgeous--I mean, it's Dior so what do you expect? Maybe I'm missing something, but the one thing I've learned in the 20+ years of buying and wearing makeup is that mascara is totally subjective. What one person raves about, another person will hate. Guess I'm one of the haters.

on 1/7/2015 4:09:00 AM

I love this mascara so much!It truly lengthens and volumizes my short and stubby lashes.

on 9/21/2014 8:12:00 AM

This mascara made my lashes long and not at all clumpy, and added volume, however I feel that it is a little overpriced for what it is. The packaging is not the best either. The bottle is pretty and of normal size and shape but the product builds up around the bottom of the outside of the lid, which has never happened with any other high end mascara or even drugstore product. Overall, the effect it gives is decent but as a whole it is probably not worth the investment.

on 6/15/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this for myself at Christmas I have used other Dior mascaras in the past and have been blown away so I thought this would be just as good. I have to say this has to be one of the worst mascaras i have ever used. The formula was way to wet my lashes clumped no matter what i did. I wouldn't rec this to anyone. I had hoped that it would improve with time and maybe dry out a little but no such luck. Failure from beginning to end.

Diorshow Extase in black was the first luxury mascara I liked enough to buy (and bought again). It gives fat, fanned out lashes with a feathery effect. It takes some time to dry after application (don't blink) but doesn't flake, smudge, or run. The brush should be cleaned often as clumps tend to gather in the bristles. I'm less loyal these days but would purchase this again if the mood struck and budget allowed.

on 3/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this mascara for several years now and I can't fault it. My lashes look thick and long and feel comfortable. No clumping either. Just as importantly it doesnt budge but is easy to remove. No more panda eyes. This is one of the few products I keep repurchasing. For me this is the best mascara on the market.

I was a huge fan of Dior Black Out and only bought this when black out was not in stock. It is AMAZING. My HG mascara, without a doubt. The pigmentation is fantastic, (I use black) which just adds instant wow factor. I find other black mascaras look a little grey on my lashes but this one is BLACK. Countless people have thought I was wearing false eyelashes. The formula is wet, so avoid if that's not your thing. The brush tends to carry too much product but it's never caused much of an issue regarding clumping. It's also stayed put when crying, swimming (don't ask) and in a surprise rain downpour!

on 2/26/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I received a deluxe sample of this mascara from Sephora. I must say I really do like it. I apply on both my top and bottom lashes, not too much clumping, goes on pretty smoothly. It is a little drier than most formulas which I actually like! It makes it less gloopy. Does not smudge too much unless you tear. Would I purchase? At $26 a pop probably not. Although these days even drugstore mascaras run pretty high for no reason. Telescopic is what? Almost $17? This is only 6 dollars more so maybe. I have to say for me this is as good a mascara as it gets.

on 2/19/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So, I loved Diorshow and Iconic and usually paired them to get volume and length, and then metal eyelash combed between coats.

Extase replaces all of these steps! I love it! No need for an eyelash comb even. This is literally the first mascara I've ever used that does that. It's non-clumpy, volumizing, lengthening, blackening, and non-drying or spidery. Perfect!!!

However, it is complicated to work with, and for that I deduct a star. First, it is goopy - I end up trying to get most of it off on the edge of the tube and then I wipe it thoroughly with a tissue, so the wand barely has product on it. It then goes on perfectly. It's wasteful, but I don't use mascara every day and for the perfection of my lashes, to me it's worth it.

Next, it is wet, and takes a bit to dry. When I do a full face, I spray MAC Fix+ over my face. Have to put Extase on after I do that because it gets even wetter and smudges if I spray after mascara application. In spite of all this I will buy buy buy again.

on 2/19/2014 1:18:00 AM

I have been using this consistently now for about 3 years and have to say that hands down this is THE best mascara EVER!!! It's a bit pricey but well worth it. It plumps my lashes with few to no lumps and wears well throughout the day - even with my oily skin. Also, it washes off well with my regular facial soap. Only when I layer it heavily do I feel that I needed a makeup remover to totally remove it. This truly is my HG mascara and hopefully this will never get discontinued!