October 25, 2014 | 1721 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Hypnotizing (Love Lace LE)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by rcwest

This eyeshadow is the most beautiful colour eyeshadow I think I've ever used or seen. It is my go to eyeshadow for everyday use and looks amazing by itself and with other colours. It compliments my brown eyes really well and has good pigmentation. As soon as I run out I'm buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this frosty smokey plummy brown silvery lavender shadow, its indeed a very complexion colour to describe. Pairs beautifully with silvers, greys, purples, plums, burgundys, blacks, and browns. The lavender undertone definitely makes my green eyes standout and always get asked what shadow I'm wearing. Pigmentation and texture are awesome too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sourfleed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color - everyone says this looks great with brown eyes, but I get lots of compliments when I wear it on my greenish/blue eyes. :) I love to pair this with Copperplate. I was worried it would be similar to satin-taupe which looked horrendous on me but this was the right tone for my fair skin. Definitely worth the money, I use it sparingly since its LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous silvery, plummy, muavey eyesadow in the world. It's a frost so its quite shimmery and has silver and red sparkles but still manages not to go over the board one bit. It's soft and pigmented and brings out the brown in my eyes. This color is what I wanted shale to be. I almost never touch shale now that I have this. Shale a tad darker, more of a satin finish, with sucky pigmentation. I use this all over my lid and sometimes in my crease. It's one of my favorite eyeshadows & I wish I bought 2 of these bc they were LE. PLEASE MAC, REPROMOTE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love purples so when I saw swatches of this shade I knew I had to have it....and the fact that it was LE didn't help either! On me Hypnotizing is similar to Shale, but lighter and more shimmery. I always use an e/s base (TFSI) but I still get some fallout with this shadow. Overall it's a lovely color, but LE means no repurchase. It's going to take me a long time use it up anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love this shade! It's a purply-silvery-brown, very hard to describe. I find it similar to Smudged Violet from the Shadowy Lady quad, but with a much much better formula. It's pretty soft and while it doesn't apply very pigmented at first, it's quite easy to build up. It's not gritty or glittery at all. One of my favourite shades from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This color is a little hard to describe. It's purple but silvery yet somewhat taupe, maybe! Like a smokey lavender as one reviewer added. It is a unique color and that's why I fell in love with it when online shopping but I look at it and see a shimmery shale. I really don't know if I like this shadow. The color payoff really wasn't very good. I honestly think I need to play with it some more. I would not buy this shadow again.
UPDATE: After playing around with this some more I really like it alot. It's def a smokey lavender almost grey and looks great with black tied in the outter corner and crease.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i heard on the boards there was a slight tinge of taupe in it, i was curious; then i went to karla's blog to see swatches. hmm it looked interesting and unique.

I have a love-hate relationship with this e/s.

When i first played with it, it was lovely, 2nd time. meh, then 3rd time i mixed it up with NYX dune and beanie . love it again.

I'm NC25.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

I bought this color, along with the two blues from Love Lace. I wanted the whole collection, but they didn't have Pincurl when I went so that's that. I really like this color, I just have some quirks with it.

You almost cannot match this color with anything. I went through my whole collection and I really cannot find a eyeshadow that wouldn't wash out my skintone to go with this. It's just one of those shadows you use on a lazy day when you just want to throw on an eyeshadow and run out the door.

Also, when I depotted this and put it in my palette, it because really squishy. My magnet wasn't holding it down right so I pressed a little bit on the eyshadow and it almost went through the eyeshadow because it had softened up so much. A couple days later and its still doing that.

Out of the whole collection, this color would be the one to be the hardest to work with. I'd purchase it again because by itself it is amazing, but I won't be pairing it with anything anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Frost MAC e/s.

On my lids, the purple is more noticeable rather than blue (indoors at least). It's a gorgeous smokey silvery taupe/lavender on my skintone. I love complex colors like this, and I'm glad I caved in and bought it! I think it's pretty pigmented and I had minimal fallout. Blended really well also. It's perfect for a daytime look swiped over your lid, but you can also easily create more dramatic looks with it as well. It's a versatile color to have, and really unique!