April 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Styling Products - Aquage - Silkening Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil treatment is emollient and yet not greasy. It left my hair feeling soft with a healthy shine and did a great job of controlling frizz, especially surface frizz for me. It has a nice light scent that doesn't really linger and works best on dry hair. It would be a suitable product to heat style with. I received a sample size from SleekHair and I am still using it after a week since I only need to use a little bit. I concentrate it on the ends of my hair while damp to help seal in any moisture. It is very impressive and has a good ratio of silicone, argan oil, sweet almond oil, seaweed extract, blue sea kale, and other aquatic ingredients. It is clear in color and not too thick in consistency. I will definitely consider getting the 4.5 oz next time I head to my local beauty supply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

As a product junkie with highlighted, dry, straw-like longer hair (oily scalp), I've tried about every leave in known to woman. I'm a hard sell on new products. My "go to" HGs are Redken's Outshine with Matrix Exquisite Oil with a couple drops of AG Argan oil (all great products). I got sample sized of this, and the Aquage Silkening Shampoo and Conditioner and tried them all together this morning. I didn't use any other products, because I wanted to really see how the Oil worked and felt on it's own. I used between a pea and dime sized on towel dried hair, once again while I blow dried and a time again on dry hair. It's a couple hours later and I have to say, my hair looks and feels pretty damn good! It's not weighed down in the least and just looks like healthy hair, shiny but just a healthy shine, not over the top. If I can continue to get good results using just this product as a leave-in, I definitely will. Aquage products seem very overpriced to me - the small Oil I got on Ebay for $15, the travel sized Shampoo $8 and Conditioner maybe $13 from a local shop. However, I will pay for quality products. I really like the Shampoo and I'm kind of on the fence on the Conditioner, only because my hair requires a lot of conditioning. In any case, give this Oil a try - it is definitely a quality product and you won't be disappointed. I've tried Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, Redken Diamond Oil, Joico KPak Restorative Styling Oil, Chi Silk Infusion and used to use Matrix Smooth Down (too heavy) and after one use, I'd recommend this above all of them. I normally need some type of lotion-type leave in like Smooth Down, so I'm impressed with what this does solo. I do have a few loose, short hairs on my part. My stylist used Aquage Transforming paste (a very solid, paste type product) to hold them down, so I'm going to experiment with that, as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by navyvet

This is my HG hair serum. I've been using this for about a year and have seen such a drastic improvement in my hair. I have vey thick shoulder length naturally wavy hair that I blow dry and straighten everyday. So as you can imagine I had horrible split ends. I went to a new stylist last year and she recommended this. I use only one pump for my entire hair paying particular attention to the split end prone areas, while it still wet, then blow dry. I seriously no longer have split ends. None..at all...no lie! Plus it leaves my hair smelling great and super soft. Try it, you won't regret it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by moee323

This product is really amazing. I have been blonde, brunette and now blonde again in a year. This is truly awesome for my hair. I use one full pump before blow drying and my hair is soft, and really feels healthy. I think it actually is healthier too. I have only used this a handful of times and I can tell it truly does what it says. It also leaves it smooth enough I dont need to flat iron it when I am done. That means that it is smooth enough from the blow dryer and this alone. Truly a miracle for damaged colored hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I haven't tried this out for very long yet: only about 3 weeks, but I don't see this as something exceptional. It smells very nice, makes my hair dry a bit faster, but for the price I would expect more. This isn't as good at fixing my frizz as many other products and this doesn't moisturize or heal my hear. I don't use this with a blow drier - maybe this would work better with a little bit of heat. I would NOT use this with a flat iron regularly as I don't think this actually protects from heat - I HAVE tried it with a flat iron, and my hair felt like I hadn't put anything protective on it. I use about 1-1,5 pump for my waist long hair, on the areas that get frizzy. This is very silicony, but it's the type of silicones that evaporate very quickly and leaves behind whatever else is in the product. BTW: I don't notice much oil in this at all, so it's kinda strange that it's called an oil treatment...
I don't really know what more to say... I will try this out more and update this, but till now, I'm not impressed.
UPDATE:
I've noticed that my hair, which usually only have flyaways, actually get static after using this... I thought silicones did the opposite... Anyway: I haven't had static hair for at least 2 years and it began appearing again after using this... I'm not yet sure why this happens. Also: the shine doesn't last more tan half a minute after application, which makes this... useless to me really. The effect of this just doesn't last - my hair feels nice for a short time only. I love the Silkening shampoo and conditioner (which I do recommend checking out if you can afford it), but I can easily do without this. I like using Mane n' Tail spray detangler instead - it has some silicones in it too, but my hair likes it much better than this.
END OF UPDATE
UPDATE 29. Des. 2012:
This is definitely not worth the money for me - I don't see ANY good effects - only bad ones: my hair gets oily easier, it gets static after using this and it also actually becomes more dull. I therefore lower the rating by one more lippie. If you live in the Scandinavia and want something similar in consistency, don't waste your time looking for this, try Define Anti-frizz Silk Serum, which actually delivers - it's everything I thought this "silkening oil treatment" would be. I also think Moroccanoil may have some of the same concept - oil treatment with silicones that should work in a similar manner. I just really want to say: it's not worth searching for this for hours and days, like I did, because there are many better things out there.
END OF UPDATE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good stuff! My hairdresser always uses this before and after she blow dries and flat irons my hair. It cuts down on drying time and makes my hair very soft, smooth and no frizz. I do agree with the previous reviewers that you have to be careful how much you use. If you use too much, your hair may look too oily. 1/2 a pump works well for my shoulder length, thick, wavy hair. It works really well in conjunction with a blow dryer and also after you finish flat ironing just to smooth down any fly aways.
I have also used this when I'm lazy and only feel like "finger combing" my hair as I blow dry it and it still gives me smooth hair. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Mogopogo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such amazing stuff. Makes my hair feel silky without weighing it down or leaving my strands feeling oily. You have to be carefull with it, use less product then you might need so you can always gradually add more. My hair is color treated and very straight and fine, it can often appear limp. I wanted something to soften and nourish, and this product left a weightless finish that I love. It works better for me personally than the morracan oil. I apply it focusing on my ends before blow drying or curling,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

I love this serum! It cuts down on blow drying time & makes my hair silky & smooth. I like the pump bottle until it is almost empty - it's very difficult to get the last drop of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by toriknuckles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to hair fix on a lazy day. I have naturally wavy and slightly frizzy hair so unless it is straightened or in a ponytail, it is a mess. This oil is much better than anything I've tried, leaving my hair soft smooth finger running ready and easy to maintain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shimmerflick

This product transforms your hair. It makes it soft, smooth, and un tangle it. It's a staple in my hair routine, I'm not sure I can live without it. I would definitely recommend this if it wasn't for the price. It's a little too much for my usual price range but I'd definitely rebuy it because of the quality.