October 2, 2014 | 1876 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Shiseido - Bioperformance Super Eye Contour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased after receiving sample at Sephora. This eye cream has a nice feel, a little slick so it applies well, absorbs fast and a little goes a long way.

The cream itself has a nice plumping effect that smooths all the fine lines around my eyes. I apply in the morning, about 10 minutes before starting my make-up application, allowing it time to thoroughly absorb into my skin. The result is smooth under eye contours ready for my color corrector, concealer and setting powder.

I also apply at night before bedtime and upon wakening in the morning, my under eyes are soft and hydrated.

I will continue to purchase and use as long as Shisiedo continues to manufacture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

I have been using this eye cream for 2 years now. I find it very moisturizing but not too heavy. I love the package and the convenient pump. Its a bit pricey but still worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by eadiebella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my top picks. I received a sample of this and have purchased several so far. This creme has a plumping and smoothing effect on my fine lines. There is no scent and the cream has a nice texture. It can appear a little shiny for day but I wear sunscreen or foundation over it so it's not noticed. This has really improved my eye area and I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't really explain what my hopes were when I was buying this eye cream, because I just had the idea that I should start wearing one ("It's time," I thought, casting an internal eye over my 23 years and my new paycheck) and the Shiseido SA directed me to this one as it was "on sale." I didn't realize how much money I would be spending even at a reduced price, and it definitely effects how I view the results. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I worry about it because I have very sun-sensitive skin and can never get sunscreen all in my eye contour area (I tend to cry it away).
Speaking of crying: that's basically my big problem with my eyes. I cry easily from, you know, stress and sadness, but also from allergies and sensitivities (one point for this cream is that it doesn't make my eyes water, which is remarkable considering I have trouble with anything fragranced, and this is pretty fragranced). This, combined with an uneven sleep schedule and nights with too much alcohol and/or sugar, mean that I'm usually just kind of puffy and blue-ringed. This cream helps in the long run: it makes my eyes skin-colored again (even fairly immediately), and reduces the chances that I get really, grotesquely puffy from any indulgences/setbacks. One weird thing, which other people have noted, is that it actually makes you a bit puffier in the short term. I keep this in the fridge, which helps mitigate this effect, but it's still noticeable--I personally think it's a "healthy" sort of puffy, but I might just be fooling myself. I usually take too much product, as you need only the tiniest pinprick to cover both eye areas completely (making this eventually ALMOST cost-effective), so I usually run a little along my upper lip. The puffing effect is really obvious here, which is super-satisfying, since this is where I actually do have teeny tiny fine lines (teen smoker!).
This is a rambling review, but I think this is product is a sneaky sort of likeable rather than something I would wholeheartedly rave about. At first, I really hated myself for this purchase (leading to more eye puffiness, I guess) but I think it's been worth it for the flesh-colored eyelids WITHOUT concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by zuzukuzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing changed! Its almost 6 months and same fine lines, same dark circles,...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another wonderful product from Shiseido. Instant plumping in a a pump-type container. I don't know how they do it, but their products work for me, hands down. I haven't purchased one that I don't like. I almost wish that wasn't true, because they aren't cheap. The good part is that they do last a few months so when I actually figure out how much a container costs per usage it's really not that bad. Especially if it's working. How many times do we buy products that don't work and we waste time and/or money?
Packaged in a pump that has a stopper also, Bio Performance Super Eye Contour is good for one pump for both eyes. The only downside is that you have no idea how much is left in the container. As I always say, when the pump stops pumping, I will disassemble the container to see just how much is left. (I've usually found anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks left in these types of containers). I gave the packaging 4 lippies because the stopper keeps it super fresh and clean but it's a pump that you can't see through.
Within a minute of applying this hydrating cream, I saw a difference in my under-eye area. I saw an instant plumping effect. My fine lines instantly disappeared. I saw a firmness in my top eye area. My skin was hydrated and plumped and remained that way all day. The entire area was smoothed.
I alternate between Shiseido's Wrinkle Resist 24 for my eyes also. I think both work well for hydration, but Bio Performance is less hydrating than Wrinkle Resist. Bio Performance works better for firming and plumping. Each seems to work on slightly different issues, which is why I alternate using both. I like the way my skin feels and looks with Shiseido products.
I will definitely repurchase, and I will not go without. My skin deserves and has found what it needs. Now they've changed the packaging and introduced a new one called "Super Corrective Eye Cream". When I've finished this one, that will be my next purchase since this is no longer available. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've completely fallen in love with this eye cream and I'm on my second bottle. It's absolutely perfect for my dry under eye area as it's hydrating and wears extremely well under make-up without being greasy or heavy. One pump from the bottle provides the perfect amount of product to use under both eyes without waste. The formula is silky, moisturizing, absorbs very quickly, and contains beneficial antioxidants too. It's definitely pricey and I did a tonne of research before biting that big price tag, but overall I'm thrilled with this eye cream and would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Since turning 40, my skin has kinda lost that 'glow' I used to have--I'm not sure if it's my age, stressful life or what, but I don't feel like I look the way I did even 5 years ago.
So now I'm breaking away from my old tried and true stuff to venture into the 'age reversal' category...How time flies.lol
Anyways, I've been looking for my HG of eyecreams ever since that damn Yves Rocher stopped making the Wrinkle Fighting Concentrate--go figure they stop making anything that actually *works*.
So after going through six zillion products, I found on Beautypedia that this was one of their most highly recommended eye creams--Fab ingredients, good results, price wasn't too killer... So I bought some.
The bottle is awesome at keeping the product fresh and the ingredients from losing strength. The little hole the eye cream comes out of has a stopper that keeps air from getting in--brilliant!! Can't beat the Asian companies packaging--we could learn a thing or two because they are all on the cutting edge of packaging. So the bottle gets a rave review.
The eye cream is very moisturizing and does brighten on contact. Initially, if you use too much, it can look greasy--but either way, it settles in nicely and plumps up the eye area and really gives a pretty luminescence without being glittery or weird.
For a age-specific 'lifting' cream, it does a good job of walking the fine line of being moisturizing *and* lifting, without being overly dry or tightening so much it just emphasizes wrinkles...Something alot of products just can't do...they wind up being either moisturizing with no lift, or lift and tighten but are very drying. This is a very nice balance of the two, so don't expect to have botox-looking eyes because this product won't do it.
I love how nicely it helps my concealer to sink in and set without creasing. My eye area looks and feels plumper, more toned, and with a really pretty freshness that I haven't gotten from any products so far, including Kinerase.
I think I paid around $48 for this...Considering the size of the bottle which I think is about 1.5 oz, it's a pretty damn good deal! Most eye creams are less than an ounce, so if you break it down at the cost per ounce, this is a very good deal.
Only complaint is that Shiseido does test on animals--I do not agree with that, and hopefully we can work to stop it from happening in the future with the technologies being offered to them from PETA.
Overall, this is a stellar product and one I think most people would be very happy with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by dawly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyecream. The consistency is light enough and allows for concealer to go on nicely. The packaging is great - unlike other Shiseido eyecreams, the product in contained/unexposed and there is no need to dip your finger in a pot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about a month and am not sure if it is rich enough for my needs.
When I put it on, my skin immediately looks great.
The texture of the cream in velvety.
Upon waking, my eyes area doesn't feel as moisturized as I like.
However, I will stick with this because after researching this cream on Beautypedia and on here...it seems to be a solid product.
Will keep you posted!