November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (all colors)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Congrats to this eyeshadow for having the SUCKIEST packaging, but the best product hidden away inside. I honestly don't think any packaging could be worse than this, but I'm more than willing to put up with it for the actual product that comes inside- that is WAY more important anyway.

If you haven't tried these puppies wet, you better head to your powder room RIGHT NOW, put some fix+ on your brushes and get to work!!! I have the shades sunshine, and chocolate sprinkles. Used dry these shadows are brilliant, but used wet...LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!!

Now if you have never foiled pigments before, all you need to do is take anything wet- water, setting spray (this is why I referred to fix+ before), or my favorite- eye drops! Eye drops are a staple in my makeup bag for this reason. They instantly intensify any eyeshadow you own.

Put either of these things on your eyeshadow brush (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not use the brush they give you with this product. I'd rather you use a freakin' kabuki brush on your eyes before you use the brush that comes with this) and dip it into the product. You can place the foiled pigment all over your lid, or just in the center of the lid. Placing it in the center will give the eye dimension, and a bigger, brighter look.

Like I said before, if you own these and have only used them dry, you are missing out. They look great dry, but foiled they just look SO FREAKING AMAZING. It makes me emotional just talking about it. I wish they would make these in more colors, I only own two because I would never wear the other colors they offer.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk review, people. These pigments are very comparable to higher end pigments. The consistency is really quite good, especially considering the price. You get quite a bit of product, so I can't see myself every actually running out of them, which is nice. Used dry they can fallout a little, but this is normal for pigments, it's not a con, I'm just pointing that out. Used wet you get slightly less fallout, and you can purchase "glitter glue" primers that prevent fallout all together, even with chunky glitters.

The shade sunshine is a color I usually foil and place in the center of the lid. Chocolate sprinkles however, looks AMAZING over MAC's "club", I put these two all over the lid, and of course use different shades to blend through the crease. This pair together GIVES ME LIFE. If you don't have Club, a pretty good dupe is found in the WNW "comfort zone" palette, it's the "definer" shade on the bottom right hand side.

Overall these pigments are very impressive, I love them and get a lot of use out of the shades I own. 10/10 recommend :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually use the lollipop color as a blush. Its perfect for me. Its ok as a shadow but love it on my cheeks. I use a blush brush, not the one that comes with it. Hate the packaging tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by emmyl02

I got the color Radiant and I am in love!!!!! It is such a perfect daytime shadow! I would recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by shivixyz

The packaging of the loose eyeshadow absolutely sucks but the product itself is ok. I have four of them in the colors honeysuckle, chocolate sprinkles, radiant, and sunshine. I absolutely love the colors as they have just enough sparkle, and I use them pretty much everyday. The pigments can be quite messy if used dry and leads to alot of fallout. However, I've found out that if you apply the eyeshadow with a damp sponge applicator with an eyelid primer underneath it last thoughout the day. I gave it four stars because even though the product itself is ok, the brush is an absolute nuisance and I advise depotting the eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this in the colour Chocolate Sprinkles.

The product itself is great and perfectly on par with more expensive pigments. Good colour payoff, finely milled glitter, and lasts perfectly with a good primer and base (NYX in milk for a more subtle colour payoff, a sticky base like Pixie Epoxy for bold, intense colour), which you really should be using with any loose shadows anyway. As with any loose shadow, there's going to be some fallout. There's really no way to avoid it. I always do my eye makeup first and then the rest of my face, regardless of what kind of shadow I'm using, so I can wipe off any fallout before applying foundation instead of potential fallout ruining already-applied makeup. I'd wager to say that while certain colours and finishes (mattes and neons) can be tricky, it's pretty hard to mess up a neutral shimmer/glitter pigment.

Not a fan of the brush or packaging, which is why it lost one lippy. The brush broke on me when I first pulled it out of the container and because the mouth is so deep with such a narrow hole, it can be a little difficult to get the product. I use my own preferred brushes anyway, so I don't care that mine broke, but if you're going to bother including one, you should at least make sure it stays together. As for getting the product out, I just shake it (with the lid firmly on!) upside down into the cap and apply it from there. When I stop being lazy, I'll probably shake it all out and transfer it into a 5 or 10g jar.

As the actual eyeshadow is very nice and the price is so affordable, I will definitely be buying more colours. However, I wold love it even more if it were just in a standard jar with sifter, like the L.A Splash cosmetics glitter, sans crappy brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Sunshine" and I use it as an inner eyelid highlight. As everybody else has said before, the packaging and brush SUCK. The brush gets all bent up in the container, and it's way too thick. Even when you don't use the brush, the packaging really restricts your ability to use it. I just use my own brush, it's actually meant for gel eyeliner but...whatever, I use it for this.

As for the shadow itself, it's very high-quality. I like how it has the perfect ratio of shimmer and color (Sunshine is, if not yet obvious, a gold color). It really brightens my eyes, and stays put all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Not the best , not the worse I dislike how it's packaged so hard to get the eyeshadow out and it don't have much in there, the brush is trash i like the shimmer but don't last long at all

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I needed a sparkly white for under my brow when I do some fun looks and I picked this up for $1.25 which is already a steal! And it is actually perfect. I use a white from my mac eyeshadow palette under my brows then add this on top and it adds a nice clear sparkle. :) I do dislike the packaging.. I take the brush they give you out when I use it and dip my small eye shadow brush in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

I have a love hate relationship with these. I hate the fallout these have even tho I tapped the brush a few times. They don't last long either. I do like the how pigmented they are though. But for only a dollar I can't really complain too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these eye dusts. These are the closest replacement to Cookie Puss eye dusts I have been able to find. They are full of shimmer, and they have great staying power. I don't always use eyelid primer when applying my eye makeup, and I sweat like a pig when I'm at work. This stuff will stay put. The packaging is dreadful, though. It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, all it does is spill powder all over everything. I get a power drill and drill through the top opening where the brush goes in to, and I pour or spoon the powder into plastic sifter containers without the sifter.